Sponsored

Auto-dimming Tow mirrors

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ram 1500 Diesel, 2021 F150 Lariat 3.5L 6.7ft
I have done a little digging and cannot confirm that the 21-22 tow mirrors are auto dimming or not. To be more specificf I ordered a 502 Lariat if that makes any difference.
Can anyone confirm?
Sponsored

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
I believe it is drivers side auto dim only
I can confirm this as well. Also, the blind spot mirrors on the bottom don't dim at all.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ram 1500 Diesel, 2021 F150 Lariat 3.5L 6.7ft
I can confirm this as well. Also, the blind spot mirrors on the bottom don't dim at all.
Thanks for the confirmation. Any idea if the regular mirrors dim both left and right?
I just (re) ordered a truck today and knew I wanted the tow mirrors but also love the auto dim mirrors in our Ram.

Should have been picking up my order today but the lariat showed up as an XLT so my wait starts over again.

So I go from leadfoot to space white, which after checking out Space “grey” I think it’s for the best! Plus I just noticed that wireless charging is now included on the 22 lariat.
that was hard to believe that an optioned up truck didn’t even have the wireless charge as and option!

Sponsored

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
Thanks for the confirmation. Any idea if the regular mirrors dim both left and right?
I just (re) ordered a truck today and knew I wanted the tow mirrors but also love the auto dim mirrors in our Ram.

Should have been picking up my order today but the lariat showed up as an XLT so my wait starts over again.

So I go from leadfoot to space white, which after checking out Space “grey” I think it’s for the best! Plus I just noticed that wireless charging is now included on the 22 lariat.
that was hard to believe that an optioned up truck didn’t even have the wireless charge as and option!
No clue, most cars only dim the driver's side. I have the 40/20/40 seats, so it probably still wouldn't have the wireless charging anyways. From my experience with Android, it doesn't charge much if you are using Wireless Android Auto anyways. Will still need to plug it in for long trips because the phone gets hot. From what I've read, the Ford factor wireless charging half works for most people. I just bought one and sat it on the little shelf on my dash, works great. That's cool that hey added it on the 2022s.

EatDirtFartDust

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT, 2015 Lincoln MKZ
Occupation
Ford service manager
I don’t remember ever seeing a Ford that had an auto dimming passenger mirror…
Not that I’ve paid much attention, but I sure can’t remember ever seeing it.
Sponsored