• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Let's say the tax credit gets approved by Congress. Will it go into effect as soon as Biden signs it?
It would have an effective date listed in the legislative text. Could be a future date or a retroactive date. Everyone is guessing 1/1/2022, but who knows at this point.
Sponsored

Kiggulak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Volt, 2013 Focus EV, 2019 Model 3LR
Is the $12,500 still in the reconciliation package? Not sure what has fallen out through the Manchin negotiations.

With my May 29th reservation date I doubt I'm taking delivery in 2022. Of course work is asking me to lock in my 2022 benefit selections so I'll set my 401K, HSA up as a regular year for 2022 and roll the tax lotto dice. I lose my last child credit in 2022 so it would have been nice to add an EV credit offset.

Also would have been nice to have a definitive you are Lighting Reservation #59,921 to guestimate against the TBD production volume greater than 15K per year, I should have committed my $100 a week earlier. So many variables to consider it hard to know where I stand.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Wrangler Rubicon and 2018 Mini Cooper S Count
Occupation
overpaid computer nerd.
Is the $12,500 still in the reconciliation package? Not sure what has fallen out through the Manchin negotiations.

With my May 29th reservation date I doubt I'm taking delivery in 2022. Of course work is asking me to lock in my 2022 benefit selections so I'll set my 401K, HSA up as a regular year for 2022 and roll the tax lotto dice. I lose my last child credit in 2022 so it would have been nice to add an EV credit offset.

Also would have been nice to have a definitive you are Lighting Reservation #59,921 to guestimate against the TBD production volume greater than 15K per year, I should have committed my $100 a week earlier. So many variables to consider it hard to know where I stand.
It’s still in there. Now the Canadians are arguing that the sections that increase the credit for UAW built vehicles are a violation of our trade agreement with them.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)

I don't think anyone knows for sure what is "in" and what has been dropped. We'll know when they announce the framework. <fingers crossed>

I haven't heard anything that says the EV credit was cut or considered being cut. However, if I had to GUESS I would be skeptical of the union portion because of the Senator in question. I do think there is a good chance the limit will be raised(allowing Tesla and GM back in the game) along with making the credit a refundable credit(or point of sale) so more lower income people could use it. Also my guess is that it will stay closer to $7500, rather than a huge increase.

But hey....hope for the best!!

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
along with making the credit a refundable credit(or point of sale) so more lower income people could use it.
If nothing else changes, I hope this stays. It's stupid how it's currently setup in such a way that you have to game your taxes to be able to utilize it.

Just POS it or make it refundable and it'll truly have the intended effect.

Sponsored

HtownHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Kia Stinger GT2, 2018 BMW 540i M-Sport
I don't think anyone knows for sure what is "in" and what has been dropped. We'll know when they announce the framework. <fingers crossed>

I haven't heard anything that says the EV credit was cut or considered being cut. However, if I had to GUESS I would be skeptical of the union portion because of the Senator in question. I do think there is a good chance the limit will be raised(allowing Tesla and GM back in the game) along with making the credit a refundable credit(or point of sale) so more lower income people could use it. Also my guess is that it will stay closer to $7500, rather than a huge increase.

But hey....hope for the best!!
POS would be really enticing. Two hypotheticals to consider. First if POS and demand is high still could we theoretically flip our order for a huge one time profit similar to the first adopters of the C8 vette? If I could net 15-20% ROI in the first month that might be enticing enough for me to buy and sell quick.

Second hypothetical as we don't know what is in the bill yet fully. used EV credits are being proposed but I wonder if there is a cap to it. Could I buy a new EV and claim the credit, then sell the vehicle to a buddy for him to claim the used credit? What stops us from transacting back and forth every month and claiming it again? Do it with a used Leaf and you could profit quickly due to their low resale value anyway. Lots of loopholes that hopefully the bill addresses.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If nothing else changes, I hope this stays. It's stupid how it's currently setup in such a way that you have to game your taxes to be able to utilize it.

Just POS it or make it refundable and it'll truly have the intended effect.
True. I'd be happy if the 200k cap went away and the credit was either refundable or POS.

Everything else is just gravy...

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
POS would be really enticing. Two hypotheticals to consider. First if POS and demand is high still could we theoretically flip our order for a huge one time profit similar to the first adopters of the C8 vette? If I could net 15-20% ROI in the first month that might be enticing enough for me to buy and sell quick.

Second hypothetical as we don't know what is in the bill yet fully. used EV credits are being proposed but I wonder if there is a cap to it. Could I buy a new EV and claim the credit, then sell the vehicle to a buddy for him to claim the used credit? What stops us from transacting back and forth every month and claiming it again? Do it with a used Leaf and you could profit quickly due to their low resale value anyway. Lots of loopholes that hopefully the bill addresses.
I thought I read somewhere that it had to be 2 years old before the used credit applied (could be miss remembering).

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
All green tax credits are immoral and an ineffective SOP to the green lobby. They achieve none of their intended effects, while subsidizing the wealthy. But as long as you want to pay me to do a thing, I'll do that thing. Just don't then b*tch about not paying my fair share when my taxes are lower than whatever benchmarch you chose because you've used tax incentives to help fund a luxury lifestyle with solar panels, luxury vehicles, and a green homes. Hundreds of thousands of dollars and counting... all borrowed on the backs of future generations. Have at it.

ShirBlackspots

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Ford F-150 XLT 5.4L
All green tax credits are immoral and an ineffective SOP to the green lobby. They achieve none of their intended effects, while subsidizing the wealthy. But as long as you want to pay me to do a thing, I'll do that thing. Just don't then b*tch about not paying my fair share when my taxes are lower than whatever benchmarch you chose because you've used tax incentives to help fund a luxury lifestyle with solar panels, luxury vehicles, and a green homes. Hundreds of thousands of dollars and counting... all borrowed on the backs of future generations. Have at it.
What about tax credits for other things that aren't green? Are those immoral, too?

Sponsored

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
Lol what a weird rant. Apparently your material wealth gives you mostly anxiety. Not sure that’s what you had in mind when you accumulated it. Time to reevaluate some things. Good luck!

Last edited:

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Newsflash...they're only immoral when someone else takes advantage of them. Apparently they're not when YOU take them.

Kinda hypocritical don't ya think?

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
What about tax credits for other things that aren't green? Are those immoral, too?
tax credits for oil companies are the best. Baseball teams and Amazon too. Corporations should get tax credits not individual taxpayers. (Sarcasm)
Sponsored