Extended Service Plans ESPs

ChiefD

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150
Thanks to this site and Bob's information I was able to have my dealer match the price from Flood on my new F150. Save a lot from the one he initially offered. The F&I person had to look everything up because they don't normally sell Ford ESP.
Sponsored

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
A few more questions -
  • On Ziegler, it gives a choice - ESP only, ESP and Maintenance, Protect Maintenance. Are people buying ESP only or ESP and Maintenance? I chose ESP and Maintenance.
  • It asks - How many years of original warranty? I chose 3 for a new F150.
  • Then, it wants the service interval - 5000, 7500, 10000? What's a reasonable number?
  • Synthetic Oil - Y/N
Any advice on good answers to the above would be appreciated. I am thinking Maintenance as well as we take our vehicles to the dealer for maintenance.

I did not see all these questions on the Flood site. Are these because I chose ESP and maintenance here?

PS: I played with the answers - service interval, synthetic oil, etc. And, they do not seem to change the price $2255 for 8/1000 - Premium ESP. That's a higher number than posted here...
I looked at the maintenance plan a little bit and after seeing their price, it looked to me like it would be the same price as paying at each visit. I don't know how much oil changes are in other parts of the country but I saw no savings going with the plan. My first couple will be free from the Ford Pass points and I am real specific what type oil I want to use, so it was a easy "no" decision for me.

I will do my own small easy items myself, like change air filter, cabin filter etc., maybe even a few of my own oil changes now that they have gone back to a canister oil filter.

Just my 2 cents worth...Lol

kavm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Jetta; 2021 F150 Platinum PB
Hello @currybob - I looked at this. The price with maintenance seems to be $2255, and without maintenance seems to be $2055. Unless I am doing this wrong - that's just $200 in maintenance over 8 years.

My truck isn't at the dealer yet - so isn't mine yet :) So, I am not yet at the buying stage and did not call Ziegler to clarify this further.

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Hello @currybob - I looked at this. The price with maintenance seems to be $2255, and without maintenance seems to be $2055. Unless I am doing this wrong - that's just $200 in maintenance over 8 years.

My truck isn't at the dealer yet - so isn't mine yet :) So, I am not yet at the buying stage and did not call Ziegler to clarify this further.
Hummm, I must not have read it right or something, it has been awhile but I was getting much higher figures than that. At 7500 mile average oil change intervals and not sure of the mileage you selected but say 100,000 miles. That is 13 oil changes at about $80 (syn oil) per service. So they are charging $200 for $1,040 worth of service??

Check and verify for that would be a good deal, just not what I found.

Sponsored

apMechorse

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A 5.0L FX4 & '15 Audi A5 T2
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Technician
Just signed my paperwork yesterday. My sales manager had no problem matching the printed quotes I brought in from Flood and Anderson & Koch. (Zeigler was $250 more than both.) I got the 8yr/150k $0, full coverage.

Vpswcci

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Taurus Limited, 2021 f150 Platinum (soon!)
Bought the Ford Protection Premium plan yesterday. 8yr, 100kmi, $0 ded, $2055. (Good thru 3/31)I would have bought from my dealer but Floods price was less than their cost.

gemini

First Name
Mehdi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 Lariat 4x4, '18 Tesla SP100D, '17 MX-5 RF
My 42k points just showed up today, took delivery 5 days ago.
I'm a newbie here, so please excuse me if this has been answered before... What is this 42K point you folks are referring? How does one get these points to use for lowering the cost of ESP?

Thanks.

Sponsored

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
You get FordPass rewards points for buying a vehicle and adding it in the app. That's the 42k points people are referring too

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
Bought the Ford Protection Premium plan yesterday. 8yr, 100kmi, $0 ded, $2055. (Good thru 3/31)I would have bought from my dealer but Floods price was less than their cost.
How many miles do you drive a year?
Remember, it’s whichever comes first on the ESP not both.

gemini

First Name
Mehdi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You get FordPass rewards points for buying a vehicle and adding it in the app. That's the 42k points people are referring too
Ah, I get it now. Thank you for the explanation. I shall wait for my reward points to show up since I took delivery from existing dealership stock.

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Ah, I get it now. Thank you for the explanation. I shall wait for my reward points to show up since I took delivery from existing dealership stock.
Make sure you have the Ford pass app loaded on your phone and register your truck VIN to it.

gemini

First Name
Mehdi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thank you @currybob for this thread. The prices for the PremiunCare ESP are reasonable. I wish the maintenance plans were as reasonable. As is, I will probably sign up for the 7 year/100K ESP.
Sponsored