Sponsored

Explanation of why I haven't been around lately

Antimatter Tremor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I wasn't going to post this but I decided I needed to.

Some of you may have noticed that I haven't been around for a few weeks. Reason for my absence is because the wife I I both were sick with Covid. I never did test positive, but my wife did. By the time she made it down to urgent care (closest place that was testing for us) I was so sick I could hardly get out of bed. Plus, I already knew if she was positive, I had to be because I was sick first. Anyway it was really bad for about 5 days but I started getting better. My wife was about 2 days behind me. And as I was getting better , she hit a point where she couldn't get past. Unfortunately, she passed away on 8/26 from cardiac arrest due to a condition know as lactic acidosis. She was only 48 years young. I don't want you all to feel sorry for me. It was our choice not to get vaccinated. We were both willing to take the risk of not taking an experimental vaccine. Sadly she lost. But, my wife did have underlying conditions that definitely played a factor in her not being able to fight thru it and ultimately, her death. She is gone, but definitely will not be forgotten. I have had so many friends and family around me the past 10 days it has been unbelievable. And also , the bond between me and my son (he's almost 21) has only gotten stronger every day. One thing I will tell you all is cherish those you love. Life is to short and you never know when their time is.

I just wanted you all to know where I am in my life right now and to let you know that I am ok and I will be ok getting thru this.

One other thing I have to add, and I'm am so grateful for it. When my wife died, were weren't mad at each other at all and had no grudges towards each other. That's a good thing, and sad at the same time because we were getting along so good and everything was going so great in our lives. This is another life lesson for you to know. Don't ever leave the house or go to bed mad at your spouse. There's no telling them I'm sorry after they're gone. I am thankful that we weren't mad at each other. That's the only positive thing I have.

Anyway, thanks for listening and God bless you all

Jay ?
Sponsored

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
So sorry for your loss. Your family and friends are in our prayers!

Bbass5

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150
@Antimatter Tremor Im so sorry for your loss. I can’t begin to imagine what that must feel like and how to walk though that. I’m glad that your marriage was in a happy place and I appreciate the words of wisdom and encouragement that come from experience.

I will be praying for you and your family - that you will find peace and comfort during this tough season, that the bonds with your family will continue to strengthen, and that everyone else in your family will continue in good health (and not get COVID).

Even though this is “just a truck forum”, we’re all people and we all have stuff we’re going though. It doesn’t matter where it is, even an online forum, it’s good to have people come along side you and support you. Thanks for sharing, and know that we’re here for you.

Roady

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4
Occupation
Information Technology
Very sorry for your loss. Prayers to you and your family. My wife and I are the same age and I can't even imagine what that must be like. God bless.

F150pony

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 3.0 PS 302a on order
Occupation
SAHD, pastor
I'm sorry for your loss and hope you can find healing and peace.

Sponsored

ib_jigged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT, 2013 Edge Limited, 2023 Explorer ST
So sorry for your loss. There is much truth in the words you shared!

spikerS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 Lariat 3.5L
Sorry to hear this, and personal opinions of the vaccine aside, my thoughts are with you. I am happy to hear you and your son are supporting each other to get through this together. Stay strong, brother!

Cbaka27

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 on order
Occupation
Sales
So sorry... Sending prayers to you and your family.

OP
OP
Antimatter Tremor

Antimatter Tremor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

BLoflin

First Name
Brooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 KR PB 6.5'
Occupation
retired
I was talking to Jay, and asked him if I could post on how someone can do a In Memoriam to one of his wife's favorite charities, if someone wanted. He is DEFINITELY not asking, but he said I could post.

If you do donate, and want him to know, probably best to use the PM (private message function) on this forum, instead of posting his email to the world.

If so inclined:

Michigan Humane Society: https://www.michiganhumane.org/tributes/

Wounded Warrior Project: https://support.woundedwarriorproject.org/default.aspx?tsid=10043&ovr_acv_id=4320

Sponsored

OP
OP
Antimatter Tremor

Antimatter Tremor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I was talking to Jay, and asked him if I could post on how someone can do a In Memoriam to one of his wife's favorite charities, if someone wanted. He is DEFINITELY not asking, but he said I could post.

If you do donate, and want him to know, probably best to use the PM (private message function) on this forum, instead of posting his email to the world.

If so inclined:

Michigan Humane Society: https://www.michiganhumane.org/tributes/

Wounded Warrior Project: https://support.woundedwarriorproject.org/default.aspx?tsid=10043&ovr_acv_id=4320

Thanks so much Brooks. You have no idea how much that meant to me you reaching out to me personally. You are definitely a great man. If you are ever in Michigan or if I ever make it down to Texas again, definitely would like to buy you a few beers and lunch/dinner. You are a true friend ???

BLoflin

First Name
Brooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 KR PB 6.5'
Occupation
retired
Thanks so much Brooks. You have no idea how much that meant to me you reaching out to me personally. You are definitely a great man. If you are ever in Michigan or if I ever make it down to Texas again, definitely would like to buy you a few beers and lunch/dinner. You are a true friend ???
No problem at all, again so sorry for your loss. And yes, we get up to Mich regularly, all the wifes people are between Mt. Pleasant and Claire! And yes, I'll be ready for a beer when you are... :)

Bigtwin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Roush F-150, 2019 Edge
I wasn't going to post this but I decided I needed to.

Some of you may have noticed that I haven't been around for a few weeks. Reason for my absence is because the wife I I both were sick with Covid. I never did test positive, but my wife did. By the time she made it down to urgent care (closest place that was testing for us) I was so sick I could hardly get out of bed. Plus, I already knew if she was positive, I had to be because I was sick first. Anyway it was really bad for about 5 days but I started getting better. My wife was about 2 days behind me. And as I was getting better , she hit a point where she couldn't get past. Unfortunately, she passed away on 8/26 from cardiac arrest due to a condition know as lactic acidosis. She was only 48 years young. I don't want you all to feel sorry for me. It was our choice not to get vaccinated. We were both willing to take the risk of not taking an experimental vaccine. Sadly she lost. But, my wife did have underlying conditions that definitely played a factor in her not being able to fight thru it and ultimately, her death. She is gone, but definitely will not be forgotten. I have had so many friends and family around me the past 10 days it has been unbelievable. And also , the bond between me and my son (he's almost 21) has only gotten stronger every day. One thing I will tell you all is cherish those you love. Life is to short and you never know when their time is.

I just wanted you all to know where I am in my life right now and to let you know that I am ok and I will be ok getting thru this.

One other thing I have to add, and I'm am so grateful for it. When my wife died, were weren't mad at each other at all and had no grudges towards each other. That's a good thing, and sad at the same time because we were getting along so good and everything was going so great in our lives. This is another life lesson for you to know. Don't ever leave the house or go to bed mad at your spouse. There's no telling them I'm sorry after they're gone. I am thankful that we weren't mad at each other. That's the only positive thing I have.

Anyway, thanks for listening and God bless you all

Jay ?
Holy moley.... I don't know what I'd do without my wife and best friend... I just don't have the words for you...

OP
OP
Antimatter Tremor

Antimatter Tremor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No problem at all, again so sorry for your loss. And yes, we get up to Mich regularly, all the wifes people are between Mt. Pleasant and Claire! And yes, I'll be ready for a beer when you are... :)
I'm about an hour and a half SE of My. Pleasant. Definitely give me a heads up when you're coming to Michigan next. I for sure want to meet up with you. ???

Holy moley.... I don't know what I'd do without my wife and best friend... I just don't have the words for you...
She was the love of my life. My soulmate. My best friend. The best woman I could ever ask for to be the mother of my son. I definitely didn't know what I really had. I definitely took her for granted. But like I said in my one post, I'm glad we were on good terms when she died. Would make it even worse if we weren't. Make sure you tell your wife you love her often. There's no second chances when they're gone.