First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 AMB Powerboost Lariat
Occupation
Meat servo
I'd love a higher flowing exhaust, since I tow a lot. But I don't want ANY more sound. Especially since I use the generator function a fair amount, as well
Sponsored

amschind

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 SCrew 4x4 Powerboost
Occupation
Physician
I actually really like the way that the Corsa sounds.

Jracing123

First Name
Jer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 xlt 3.5
Occupation
Welder engineer
such a clean, smooth sound, best exhaust I have heard!!!

amschind

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 SCrew 4x4 Powerboost
Occupation
Physician
I'd love a higher flowing exhaust, since I tow a lot. But I don't want ANY more sound. Especially since I use the generator function a fair amount, as well
One big factor in your favor: the muffler is the single LEAST restrictive part of the exhaust system. It's maybe the easiest and cheapest to replace, but the practical gains are quite low. Flowmaster makes some GIANT towing mufflers like the 70 and 80 series which are geared toward folks like you. I am slightly more tolerant of exhaust noise because 1) my KO2s make noise, so the exhaust has to reach that threshold to matter and 2) I covered the entire cab in Dynamat, which helps a lot. I'm gonna try a straight through dual cone muffler from Flowmaster first and if that's too loud then I'll use a 70 series.

Don't wait for me if you're excited, as I want to do this in a controlled manner and don't want to pay for labor twice. I'm still waiting on Fullrace to build the new manifolds and MegaOhm to build the PB exhaust heat exchanger delete kit.

Sponsored

StoneGray22

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 SCREW, 500A, 3.5 EB, 4x4, Max Tow, 157"
I recently installed a Corsa 21166BLK 3.0" single exhaust system on my truck. Out of the box I wouldn't call it loud, but at certain RPMs it did produce a frequency that resonated throughout the cab of my truck. Even when this occurred it didn't sound very loud, but the vibration was annoying. I decided to address this by installing one of their 10.75" case length packed resonators in front of the rear axle where the stock muffler is located; this made a massive difference, the strong vibration is gone, and my exhaust has a quieter and deeper tone now.
Sounds great! Definitely appreciate the comparative work you're putting in on this!
Quick question regarding the resonator you added: it's installed between the corsa muffler and the axle hump? Mind posting a couple of pics from below the truck?

OP
OP

SALEEN961

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A
Occupation
Automotive Technician
Sounds great! Definitely appreciate the comparative work you're putting in on this!
Quick question regarding the resonator you added: it's installed between the corsa muffler and the axle hump? Mind posting a couple of pics from below the truck?
That's exactly where I installed it. The resonator was a little long for this spot, so I trimmed about 1" off each end before welding it in place. There would have been tons of room if the flex pipe was a little further forward

Ford F-150 Exhaust System Testing / Upgrading Discussion (EcoBoost 3.5L) 20231031_120130

StoneGray22

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That's exactly where I installed it. The resonator was a little long for this spot, so I trimmed about 1" off each end before welding it in place. There would have been tons of room if the flex pipe was a little further forward
Quick follow up question for you:
Any particular reason you decided to mount the resonator after the muffler, rather than before?

OP
OP

SALEEN961

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A
Occupation
Automotive Technician
Quick follow up question for you:
Any particular reason you decided to mount the resonator after the muffler, rather than before?
Corsa mounts their muffler very far forward in the factory resonator location so going behind the muffler was my only option.

StoneGray22

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Any thoughts on the current set up after driving the past month? Still enjoying the sound tone/level?

Sponsored

OP
OP

SALEEN961

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A
Occupation
Automotive Technician
Any thoughts on the current set up after driving the past month? Still enjoying the sound tone/level?
I'm still happy with how this setup turned out, but I do plan to retest my back pressure after tuning my truck to see how well the system handles the extra increased flow. Based on how low the back pressure was on the stock tune file, I'm thinking that this system should handle the extra flow without any significant increase in back pressure, but I am interested in seeing the actual numbers.

StoneGray22

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm still happy with how this setup turned out, but I do plan to retest my back pressure after tuning my truck to see how well the system handles the extra increased flow. Based on how low the back pressure was on the stock tune file, I'm thinking that this system should handle the extra flow without any significant increase in back pressure, but I am interested in seeing the actual numbers.
Very good, thanks!

Looking forward to seeing your numbers and continuing to get your thoughts!

Thanks for doing all the legwork for the rest of us!

TRSCobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
I put the same Corsa system on when it came out in June of '22. It was a little louder than I really wanted so I put the Corsa resonator on as well.

Mine is the 157" wheelbase so I just cut the extension pipe before the muffler and put the resonator there.

Ford F-150 Exhaust System Testing / Upgrading Discussion (EcoBoost 3.5L) 1000004048

Chili

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
I'll try to get some full throttle videos this weekend, but here's a cold start with a few revs at the end.

I like those 13th gen wheels. What size tires, 275/60?
Sponsored