EV Sales Are Not Performing As Hoped - Letter To The president

JExpedition07

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 STX 5.0L V8
I suspect The PowerBoost increase in production is what allowed Ford to restructure the F-150 lineup to offer more V8 now. You can tell the need for the 2.7 is dwindling for CAFE with increase PB production numbers. We went from the 2.7 being the volume leader to the 5.0 now being the volume leader for 2024 and beyond, with the 2.7 being almost relegated solely to the 3.3’s old slot. I don’t think that would happen without the increased PB numbers helping the corp average. Honestly I think ford could do away with 2.7 in its entirely if they consolidate to just the V8 and 3.5 and offer a down and dirty hybrid package for both motors. I think your typical EBooster needs/wants would be covered by both 2.7 and 3.5, so 3.5 could cover both. V8 consumers are generally looking for different things, so offering 5.0 and 3.5 both as ICE and hybrid covers the most bases imo.
Sponsored

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT Powerboost Super Crew 4x4
Occupation
Aviation systems
Tesla shared its 48V architecture with other automakers. Farley was appreciative.

JExpedition07

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 STX 5.0L V8
Tesla shared its 48V architecture with other automakers. Farley was appreciative.
Tesla uses many of my patents. However, I make Elon sign an affidavit that my patents must remain open source when I sell them to him.

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aviation systems
Tesla uses many of my patents. However, I make Elon sign an affidavit that my patents must remain open source when I sell them to him.
You said patents but I read parents squirt 😉

JExpedition07

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 STX 5.0L V8
EV’s did rise from the free market. Tesla was started by an automobile enthusiast who was an engineer, and believed in the concept. Elon Musk did a hostile takeover of Tesla. He is not the founder nor inventor, and the govt did not start the company. It merely subsidized it, as it did with oil. I do agree they are pushing too hard, and should not “outlaw” anything….but subsidizing happens. That’s life.

Sponsored

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aviation systems
Elon Musk did a hostile takeover of Tesla
Infusing a failing startup with $30 million one year after inception, well Ok, hostile in that he wasn't a magical fairy godfather, sure.
I reject the silliness that Elon putting his own PayPal money behind Tesla is somehow not free market activity.

I suppose a BS in physics from Penn makes him the dumb luck guy?

*edit
One more thing: "All Hail Elon!!"

JExpedition07

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 STX 5.0L V8
Infusing a failing startup with $30 million one year after inception, well Ok, hostile in that he wasn't a magical fairy godfather, sure.
I reject the silliness that Elon putting his own PayPal money behind Tesla is somehow not free market activity.

I suppose a BS in physics from Penn makes him the dumb luck guy?

*edit
One more thing: "All Hail Elon!!"
He was a bit of a snake the way he ousted the old ceo. A lot of history there, call it free market….its still pretty shady business the way he manipulated the board and the bylaws. Smart man no doubt.

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aviation systems
Shhh..

SpaceX's Starlink clears military tests in Arctic, paving way for contracts

Maybe “All Hail Elon” won’t be funny someday soon 😅

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
There are business publications that will report the average gross profit per vehicle. I don't know how the values are harvested, but they are discussed publicly at places like Munro, which is a cost analysis engineering firm.

I remember when watching an episode discussing the huge advantage Tesla now has over the competition, because of their continuous efforts of vertical integration (manufacturing the components themselves), it was a bit staggering.

I'm pretty sure they mentioned Ford and I'm not sure if it was even double digits? (%) It might have been, but barely in the teens?
Tesla is reported to have recently reached as much as 40% on some models trims. An unheard of margin in the mass production category.

Sponsored

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
It’s not, Ford is making an average of $10,000 in margins off a typical F-150 sale. It’s no secret the upper trims have larger margins approaching $15,000. An XL is likely $7,000-$8,000 in profit per unit. Unless ford wants to lose money hand over fist, I don’t see how they are retailing an F-150 for $35,000.
They need to make profit to stay in business. Manufacturing cost, research and development, updating plants to build these new trucks, paying the workforce, etc, etc..... I can't see any company offering that trim of truck for 35K.

Free market says if we don't like the price they want, we didn't have to buy our F150's.

And if people are willing to pay 50K for a STX, of course Ford is going to take it.
And it's not just Ford. Most similarly equipped trucks from other manufactures are priced about the same. One truck isn't 15K cheaper than it's direct competition.

JExpedition07

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 STX 5.0L V8
Not to mention, my STX is pretty posh compared to a regular XL or Transit van. Mirrors and glass are all heated, soft touch stitched arm wrests on doors and center console. Auto up/down windows, remote start, 20” wheels, touch screen with CarPlay, separated tweeters. It’s hard to call it stripped down when my dad drives a GMC Savannah as his secondary vehicle. Now that’s stripped down. Steel wheels, no remote start, hard touch surfaces, no cruise control. Lol.

Tomas Driusi

First Name
Tomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
Occupation
accountant
SEO isn't just about flashy content; it's about building a website that's search engine-friendly. Think of it as making your website the talk of the town, with clear pathways and helpful signposts for both search engines and visitors. Tools like Rush Analytics offer site audit features, acting like your friendly inspector, highlighting technical glitches that might be hindering your visibility. Fix these issues, and you'll be amazed how much smoother your website runs, impressing both search engines and users alike.
Remember, SEO is a marathon, not a sprint. But with these tips and the help of powerful tools like Rush Analytics, you'll be well on your way to conquering the search engine landscape and attracting a loyal following. Now, go forth and optimize! Is your website ranking lower than a mime's popularity contest? Don't worry, SEO doesn't have to be a dry, humorless slog. Let's inject some laughter while optimizing your site: Imagine your website as a hilarious stand-up comedian. People only discover true gems through word-of-mouth recommendations (think backlinks) and rave reviews (positive online mentions). So, craft content that's witty, informative, and useful – content that deserves to be shared like the punchline to a killer joke. But humor isn't just about making people chuckle. It's about understanding your audience and speaking their language. Think of keyword research as deciphering their secret laughter code. Use tools like Rush Analytics to crack that code and find the keywords that make your audience roar with laughter (and click on your website). Remember, SEO isn't about tricking search engines; it's about creating a website that people genuinely enjoy visiting. So, sprinkle in some humor, optimize strategically, and watch your website become the life of the online party!
Thanks a ton for sharing! Very useful!

Last edited:

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
CT has some odd choices. The aluminum bodies of current fords is dinky -- Ford needs to look at going with a MUCH thicker aluminum alloy that's harder. Current stuff is quite flimsy. Don't want no SS look -- thicker / stiffer aluminum with better paint compounds. Hood and roof, just a hair thicker, doors / fenders / bed exterior thicker / stronger. We'll pay the ~40lb weight penalty.

CT's UCA -- rinky dink. One of the RC models that'd been running around had already damaged / bent it. I suspect that will be changed rather soon.

1701665942918.png

1701666075210.png
Hahaha, I called it. Pretzel UCAs on CT

Ford F-150 EV Sales Are Not Performing As Hoped - Letter To The president 1707936920587

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
You did indeed.
I have respect for Tesla as a disrupter in an industry that can use disruption.

But they have to EARN their Truck wings.
Or put another way, although the vast majority of truck owners use/abuse their trucks the same as their cars, you can rest assured that some Trucks WILL get subjected to Truck testing. 😁
Sponsored