First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew
Occupation
Firmware Engineer
I recently (two days ago) installed the latest Mongoose (Mongoose-Plus Ford2) software (mongooseplus_ford2_0404_0500_setup.exe). During the installation, the software noted that it found a newer version, so I installed it. I then installed the latest FDRS software (FDRS_34.5.3.exe). Everything seemed to install without an issues. However, when I run FDRS, I get the following note that pops up:

Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS 1673629269515

I have not plugged the Mongoose into the truck yet. Is this normal? Has anyone else seen this? I plan to uninstall the Mongoose software and then re-install it from the downloaded setup file and then refuse to new version prompt during the installation. However, I didn't want to waste my time if this is expected.

abd79

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Wondering if someone could check if there are any updates available for me? Truck is currently in at the dealer.

1FTFW1ED0MFB66211

Sponsored

Scoop

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 SuperCrew Platinum 5.0 4x4 6.5'
Today's the day, fellas. Mongoose-Plus, Pro-Logix charger w/PS mode and a 2 day FJRS/FDRS subscription. The ABS module took about 4 minutes.

Now updating the CMR (driver status monitor camera) and related modules -- this one will take a while based on the progress bar. :)

Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS 20230113_190433

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Today's the day, fellas. Mongoose-Plus, Pro-Logix charger w/PS mode and a 2 day FJRS/FDRS subscription. The ABS module took about 4 minutes.

Now updating the CMR (driver status monitor camera) and related modules -- this one will take a while based on the progress bar. :)

20230113_190433.jpg
Yes and it will stay at internal process for a while so dont freak out

DW2020

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 KR PB
I recently (two days ago) installed the latest Mongoose (Mongoose-Plus Ford2) software (mongooseplus_ford2_0404_0500_setup.exe). During the installation, the software noted that it found a newer version, so I installed it. I then installed the latest FDRS software (FDRS_34.5.3.exe). Everything seemed to install without an issues. However, when I run FDRS, I get the following note that pops up:

1673629269515.png

I have not plugged the Mongoose into the truck yet. Is this normal? Has anyone else seen this? I plan to uninstall the Mongoose software and then re-install it from the downloaded setup file and then refuse to new version prompt during the installation. However, I didn't want to waste my time if this is expected.
Yes I often get this. I think it has to do with the software for Ford’s official VCM hardware.

I followed the link and updated the VCI software anyway just to be on the safe side.

Scoop

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes and it will stay at internal process for a while so dont freak out
Everything is going very well.

Every module that had an update available except APIM has been successfully updated.

For what it's worth, time from start to finish for each module:

ABS ~4 minutes
CMR ~47 minutes
WACM ~2 minutes
GSM ~3 minutes
BCM ~7 minutes

APIM is just over an hour and counting, still copying the ~5GB of files to the USB drive

EDIT: APIM took a total of ~2.5 hours total using USB 3.0 thumb drive. About 40 minutes to download the files, an hour to copy to the USB drive, 20 minutes to load, and the rest waiting for messages from Sync and then updating the Ford servers.

I appreciate all the time and effort you and others have put into documenting this. I should have did this back in May 2022 and the dealership wouldn't have had my truck for 2 months and 4 days to get BlueCruise active ... LOL.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Everything is going very well.

Every module that had an update available except APIM has been successfully updated.

For what it's worth, time from start to finish for each module:

ABS ~4 minutes
CMR ~47 minutes
WACM ~2 minutes
GSM ~3 minutes
BCM ~7 minutes

APIM is just over an hour and counting, still copying the ~5GB of files to the USB drive

I appreciate all the time and effort you and others have put into documenting this. I should have did this back in May 2022 and the dealership wouldn't have had my truck for 2 months and 4 days to get BlueCruise active ... LOL.
Can I ask?
Were you already a member here and aware that others were doing what you are now doing tonight?

I ask because it's interesting to watch the various thresholds of pain of different inmates, before they cave.
And it almost ALWAYS leads to exactly your current experience where suddenly you realize that the service department at your local dealership really aren't folks that are more qualified to sit in your truck with a laptop. :)
It just takes a while before you can get your head around that.

Scoop

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I ask because it's interesting to watch the various thresholds of pain of different inmates, before they cave.
And it almost ALWAYS leads to exactly your current experience where suddenly you realize that the service department at your local dealership really aren't folks that are more qualified to sit in your truck with a laptop. :)
It just takes a while before you can get your head around that.
Full disclosure: I've been a member HERE since APR 2021, but I was keeping everyone updated over on "that other" F150 discussion forum.

My ordeal was fully documented in a thread over htere that is now 379 pages (3,787 posts) and counting. I started posting my trials and tribulations around post 500. Two months and 4 days later (post ~1,222), my truck was set.

No, those were not all MY posts ... mine were mixed in with others.

Believe me, it wasn't a matter of incompetence. This was March 2022 - I was THE first customer to bring his 2021 Job 1 truck to that dealership and report the "stuck" OTA and also for them to apply all the outstanding SW updates to get BlueCruise going, so I was the guinea pig.

I had a loaner the entire 2+ months (I've bought 14 or 15 new Ford/Lincoln/Mercury vehicles from them in the past ~17 years and have a great relationship with the ownership.

If they weren't waiting on a new APIM (several were shipped to them, including one directly from Ford Engineering) and IPMA modules, they were trying to update it nearly every business day during the 2+ months.

This was BEFORE Ford updated the instructions to put the battery on a power supply/charger during programming, as the whole problem ended up being just that (they even had to replace my battery).

Suffice it to say, they and Ford engineering worked and learned together on my truck.

I didn't mind ... like I said, they took care of me with a loaner for over 2 months and we were in constant contact almost every day.

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
C&A
I updated the APIM on my MME today, and I decided to see how much of the slow file copying was due to FDRS versus hardware. I used a M2 NVME in a USB-C adapter attached to a USB-C port on my laptop and it only took about 5 minutes for all 6GB to copy over. I then copied them off to my hdd (I always do this) and it took about 18 seconds to copy 6GB over USB-C from NVME to NVME. So FDRS does slow things down a bunch, but better hardware definitely helps. When I did my F150 I used an old school USB 2.0 stick and it was like yours, hours to copy the files over.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Full disclosure: I've been a member HERE since APR 2021, but I was keeping everyone updated over on "that other" F150 discussion forum.

My ordeal was fully documented in a thread over htere that is now 379 pages (3,787 posts) and counting. I started posting my trials and tribulations around post 500. Two months and 4 days later (post ~1,222), my truck was set.

No, those were not all MY posts ... mine were mixed in with others.

Believe me, it wasn't a matter of incompetence. This was March 2022 - I was THE first customer to bring his 2021 Job 1 truck to that dealership and report the "stuck" OTA and also for them to apply all the outstanding SW updates to get BlueCruise going, so I was the guinea pig.

I had a loaner the entire 2+ months (I've bought 14 or 15 new Ford/Lincoln/Mercury vehicles from them in the past ~17 years and have a great relationship with the ownership.

If they weren't waiting on a new APIM (several were shipped to them, including one directly from Ford Engineering) and IPMA modules, they were trying to update it nearly every business day during the 2+ months.

This was BEFORE Ford updated the instructions to put the battery on a power supply/charger during programming, as the whole problem ended up being just that (they even had to replace my battery).

Suffice it to say, they and Ford engineering worked and learned together on my truck.

I didn't mind ... like I said, they took care of me with a loaner for over 2 months and we were in constant contact almost every day.
Thanks for the reply.

Sounds like a similar story that probably took place at many dealerships at the time.

Although I'd argue that putting a battery charger on a vehicle while it is in accessory mode didn't suddenly become a suggestion by Ford in 2022. It's just good professional repair etiquette.

I don't personally remember ever seeing FDRS NOT recommend such on the screen for any update and that was before the TSB was ever released.

Now that you have sat in the truck and done a few updates, you see what every tech sees when using FDRS. Reminders to use a battery charger are presented ad nauseum.

Anyways. Good luck!

Scoop

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Everything completed just fine.
No more SW updates for any modules.
Alexa built-in, Android Auto full screen, yada yada.

Start to finish, APIM took ~2.5 hours via USB 3.0 drive. 40 minutes to download the files from Ford, roughly an hour to copy them to the USB drive, inserted USB in truck and 15 seconds, it started loading, ~20 minutes later I got the "Restart required", shut down/opened door and waited > 10 minutes, closed door and started truck, finished allowing FDRS to compete and upload data to the server. There may have been a little time in there where the truck was actually done before I saw it, as I was in and out of the garage a lot, as I didn't want to just sit in there while it churned.

Note that I never got the "Update successful" message even after ~25 minutes of KOER (FDRS says you should get in about 5 minutes), but absolutely everything updated as expected and it all works.

FDRS shows no SW updates left and APIM update was successful. Can't complain.

Too bad I couldn't pay by the hour for FDRS ... a little more than 3.5 hours total, I think.

Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS sync1

Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS sync2

(More) full(er) screen AA. That's as big as the map goes. That card on the right isn't a
Sync card, but is from my phone (SiriusXM app, I think, or maybe Pandora):
Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS sync3

Alexa @ Fordpass:
Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS sync6

New button:
Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS sync5

Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS sync7

Off-road dash card is new:
Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS sync8

Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS sync4
Sponsored

Last edited: