Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Question for the gurus...

I had a fella ask me to look up his VIN because he was notified of a 2.8.2 failure.

First I explained how if it were me I'd get a charger on the battery and make sure the trucks battery management system was going to vouch for the truck on the next OTA attempt for 2.8.2 😁

But then I checked FDRS and found far fewer available updates than expected for a 2021 Raptor that was waiting on 2.8.2

Borgelpe.PNG

Maybe my memory is fading since it's been a few months for me and my previous 2021 Powerboost, but wasn't 2.8.2 fairly hefty? Surely it included an APIM module update?

Is it possible that an OTA first-failure, since it's not deemed a permanent failure (yet), removes the updates from the FDRS queue until its deemed a permanent failure?

Fella claims that he has never received an OTA and this failed 2.8.2 was the first OTA activity his Raptor has ever shown him.

I sure wouldn't want to give him incorrect feedback.
All raptors are Job 2 so they shipped at levels of software jobs ones were trying to get to. So the job 2 had updates but way fewer than the job 1.

Sorry made a mistake. Even I get messed up
2.8.2 has been different for job 2 what’s funny is they now have the same gateway and apim version as job 1 where they didn’t before.

The updates in that list I have not seen in any OTA package
Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
All raptors are Job 2 so they shipped at levels of software jobs ones were trying to get to. So the job 2 had updates but way fewer than the job 1.

Sorry made a mistake. Even I get messed up
2.8.2 has been different for job 2 what’s funny is they now have the same gateway and apim version as job 1 where they didn’t before.

The updates in that list I have not seen in any OTA package
Always on top of things for me Jesse. Thanks.

So looking at that Raptors FDRS snapshot above, whatever updates are included in the failed 2.8.2 OTA, they ARE in that FDRS list?

In other words, just because Ford IS attempting to update his Raptor via OTA, Ford hasn't removed the various updates from the FDRS list. Some portion of that list in the snapshot is what makes up his trucks 2.8.2 package.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Always on top of things for me Jesse. Thanks.

So looking at that Raptors FDRS snapshot above, whatever updates are included in the failed 2.8.2 OTA, they ARE in that FDRS list?

In other words, just because Ford IS attempting to update his Raptor via OTA, Ford hasn't removed the various updates from the FDRS list. Some portion of that list in the snapshot is what makes up his trucks 2.8.2 package.

To me they look like they are not. If you can send me the vin and I can show you what is in it

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
On the way Jesse!

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Mach-E
Anybody added a third key fob using the PATS function in FDRS? Is it pretty easy?

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Anybody added a third key fob using the PATS function in FDRS? Is it pretty easy?
Don’t think it’s possible unless you’re a dealer or locksmith. If you have two keys you can without it easy but in fdrs it will ask for credentials

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Mach-E
Don’t think it’s possible unless you’re a dealer or locksmith. If you have two keys you can without it easy but in fdrs it will ask for credentials
Okay well I'll just try the owner's manual procedure for the third key then.

Thanks.

Airborne_Ape

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010, 2014, 2017, 2021 F150
I haven't encountered the problem, but if someone has a bricked BCM from Ford's bad BCM Battery Configuration update, do you think reverting back to to these .vbf files with ForScan can bring it back from the dead?

For reference, this is my PowerBoost's current known-good configuration.

Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS BCM.JPG

FORScan 2.4.7

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I haven't encountered the problem, but if someone has a bricked BCM from Ford's bad BCM Battery Configuration update, do you think reverting back to to these .vbf files with ForScan can bring it back from the dead?

For reference, this is my PowerBoost's current known-good configuration.

BCM.JPG

FORScan 2.4.7
We are passed this. We got it

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
I'm starting to think we are being punished not getting the updates that the Lightning is getting because we all love to tinker with our trucks and Ford caught us....

/s

Sponsored

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
My coworker has a Lightning, I don't know if I want all the updates he got recently. One created several issues with the APIM and he lost most controls for a day until the next update fixed things. I'm fine with the Lightning & Mach-E being the guinea pigs before they roll them out to the F-150. We've already seen they can screw things up with the BCM, we don't need any more problems.

Missmy3/4ton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
300a XLT 5.0 4x4
Would someone be able to check my vin for me? 1FTFW1E56MFA48057

I had x2 - 12 hour trips (straight) and I got my third over OTA on the second one (updated from 2.6.0 to 2.7.1). It goes into the dealer Thursday.

Last edited:

Jbcaindo

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Limited PB
Occupation
Power dude.
With the help of Jesse, my friends at the dealership successfully force updated my '21 job-1 Limited to gain blue cruise and everything else.

@Jesse-Infotainment gave me a specific order of updates to do and the tech followed them to a T.

The tech said that was the fastest he's ever successfully updated any of the newer vehicles and applauded Jesse's info.

Now that my Mongoose adapter showed up today as well I'll still get it all set up and tinker with it.

Thanks again Jesse.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
No problem. Glad you’re all set

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Could someone check my VIN for updates please. I am planning to update the truck on the weekend and would like to know what is coming up ahead of time.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I guess I need to have my VIN on here.... In my defense... I am not being supervised right now. LOL

1FTFX1E81MKE01710
Sponsored

Last edited: