Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat, 3.5 eb, 501a package
Occupation
Telecommunications
2021 F150 Lariat 501a package:
Ford has a programming problem with the F150’s that have the 501a package. Mine has the same problem, the dealer kept my truck for days while working with Ford Engineering and never did get it fixed. The seat memory works as designed but there is no option to turn it off. The manual says there is but it’s not there.
Sponsored

OP
OP
StangTech

StangTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4, 5.0L
2021 F150 Lariat 501a package:
Ford has a programming problem with the F150’s that have the 501a package. Mine has the same problem, the dealer kept my truck for days while working with Ford Engineering and never did get it fixed. The seat memory works as designed but there is no option to turn it off. The manual says there is but it’s not there.
Thanks for that update! Hopefully they can fix it at some point.

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 500A Powerboost 4x4
I really find the easy/entry feature annoying, so I pulled the fuse for the power driver seat. This will have to suffice until Ford releases a fix. Luckily, I am the only one driving my truck, so the seat doesn't get adjusted often.

JimR

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Telecommunications
I have the same issue. My truck is a Lariat 500A and the menu item is missing. Ford dealer called the Ford hotline when I brought it in for service about this. Apparently, Ford is aware of the issue and will push an update to the trucks, but probably in the summer. Can't believe it will take that long.
I have the same issue and did the same thing you did.... the dealer kept my truck 3-4 days working with Ford Engineering only to conclude..."Oh Well". I hope you are right about the future update to fix it. I would even be ok with eliminating that feature completely. Thanks for the info.

SuvE

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Retired
I actually like it and use it all the time. I wouldn't want to see it eliminated, but agree that it should be selectable. They should fix that in a subsequent OTA update.

Sponsored

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
My wife's infiniti has always had this and I thought it was unnecessary and lame, but she likes it. When I got into mine and found it had it I was like, dammit! Oh well. Then I found the option to turn it off and hell yes I turned it off and haven't looked back.

Mine was built 1/28, and didn't ship until 2/27. I picked it up 3/12. I found the option on the first night of it being home.

So either the stock firmware/software end of January has the option, or the updated it during February at the plant. If desired, I can take a picture of my software versions screen so y'all have something to ask of the dealer.

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 500A Powerboost 4x4
My wife's infiniti has always had this and I thought it was unnecessary and lame, but she likes it. When I got into mine and found it had it I was like, dammit! Oh well. Then I found the option to turn it off and hell yes I turned it off and haven't looked back.

Mine was built 1/28, and didn't ship until 2/27. I picked it up 3/12. I found the option on the first night of it being home.

So either the stock firmware/software end of January has the option, or the updated it during February at the plant. If desired, I can take a picture of my software versions screen so y'all have something to ask of the dealer.
I think the menu option is missing only from the Lariat 500A and 501A trucks. The higher trim levels seem to have the menu option for easy entry/exit.

If your truck is a 500A or 501A, then I would be interested to see what version your software is. I just checked for any updates in the Sync 4 system, and the system said it was up to date.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
I think the menu option is missing only from the Lariat 500A and 501A trucks. The higher trim levels seem to have the menu option for easy entry/exit.

If your truck is a 500A or 501A, then I would be interested to see what version your software is. I just checked for any updates in the Sync 4 system, and the system said it was up to date.
Good observation! I have a KR 601A, so that fits with what you are saying.

ricko24

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB
I have a 501a and turned it off before I left the dealership.

JimR

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Telecommunications

You are correct, that is the exact conclusion my dealer came to after working on mine for several days. I certainly hope they can fix it in the near future, I hate it and would be ok with the entire seat memory function be eliminated if need be.

Sponsored

Trashman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Limited Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
Just so the engineers don't get the wrong idea from these posts to totally eliminate this feature, I love it since I have a little difficulty with my old bones getting in and out. As previously mentioned just need the over the air update to turn it off for those with car seats and just annoyed. BTW my option is there.

JimR

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Telecommunications
I ordered my F150 Lariat 501a package on 10/11/20 and received it 1/3/21..., today is 4/21/21 and still no update from Ford. Not sure what to do next but somehow someway I want easy entry exit feature turned off.

OP
OP
StangTech

StangTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4, 5.0L
I ordered my F150 Lariat 501a package on 10/11/20 and received it 1/3/21..., today is 4/21/21 and still no update from Ford. Not sure what to do next but somehow someway I want easy entry exit feature turned off.
It is bizarre...I assume they are underwater with software feedback is my guess and they will eventually update it.

JimR

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Telecommunications
It is bizarre...I assume they are underwater with software feedback is my guess and they will eventually update it.
I certainly hope so.... I am curious if the problem was fixed on the units coming off of the assembly line and just ignored for the units already sold with the defect... not that I don't trust big corp :>)

CBGray

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 2.7L EB Screw 4x4 501A
Occupation
Software
I certainly hope so.... I am curious if the problem was fixed on the units coming off of the assembly line and just ignored for the units already sold with the defect... not that I don't trust big corp :>)
I picked up my 501A (bought off the lot) at the end of March, and I have the setting available.
Ford F-150 Easy/Entry Exit Function? easy.JPG
Sponsored