First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat, 3.5 eb, 501a package
Occupation
Telecommunications
I picked up my 501A (bought off the lot) at the end of March, and I have the setting available.
easy.JPG
Ya know the old saying "Sometimes your the statue and sometimes your the pigeon" I'm beginning to feel like the statue.... lol
Sponsored

CBGray

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 2.7L EB Screw 4x4 501A
Occupation
Software
Ya know the old saying "Sometimes your the statue and sometimes your the pigeon" I'm beginning to feel like the statue.... lol
Yeah, I understand.

I have a feeling what they have done is "slip-streamed" the fix in to their new builds once it was identified and fixed. Then, the fix for all other vehicles (i.e. older ones produced before the fix was available) will get updated with probably a fairly big OTA update. My guess, and this is just pure speculation, but comes from years of working in the software industry, is that the first few OTA releases are pretty "light" in payload in what they address. Probably more testing out the OTA process with relatively "safe" fixes. We know that there is an upcoming OTA in the future meant to enable Sync4 and the towing/sticker technology, along with, I'm sure, other features. I view that OTA as almost a "point release" or "service pack" release that will likely be much more obvious in what was added and fixed than the small ones we've been seeing so far. If I was in charge of their update process, I'd surely want to address some small, safer fixes first to make sure OTA worked well. If I were to guess, this particular fix doesn't meet the bar to send out in these early ones and will just be taken care of in a more substantial future one. Again, this is just all educated guessing on my part, but I think it's pretty sound.

Capt Obvious

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat SUper Crew 500a 3.5 EB Max Tow
First post here. Great atmosphere on this forum from what I’ve seen so far.
I have a 500a that according to the door sticker was built in January and I too am missing the function. My first thought was to turn it off in fear of wearing out the motors and mechanisms. Now I’m thinking it was designed to work. If I got in and out of the truck fifty times a day it might be worthwhile to turn off but I rarely drive the truck outside of weekends so I suppose it’s not a big deal to me anymore.

OP
OP
StangTech

StangTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4, 5.0L
Yeah, I understand.

I have a feeling what they have done is "slip-streamed" the fix in to their new builds once it was identified and fixed. Then, the fix for all other vehicles (i.e. older ones produced before the fix was available) will get updated with probably a fairly big OTA update. My guess, and this is just pure speculation, but comes from years of working in the software industry, is that the first few OTA releases are pretty "light" in payload in what they address. Probably more testing out the OTA process with relatively "safe" fixes. We know that there is an upcoming OTA in the future meant to enable Sync4 and the towing/sticker technology, along with, I'm sure, other features. I view that OTA as almost a "point release" or "service pack" release that will likely be much more obvious in what was added and fixed than the small ones we've been seeing so far. If I was in charge of their update process, I'd surely want to address some small, safer fixes first to make sure OTA worked well. If I were to guess, this particular fix doesn't meet the bar to send out in these early ones and will just be taken care of in a more substantial future one. Again, this is just all educated guessing on my part, but I think it's pretty sound.

OP
OP
StangTech

StangTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First post here. Great atmosphere on this forum from what I’ve seen so far.
I have a 500a that according to the door sticker was built in January and I too am missing the function. My first thought was to turn it off in fear of wearing out the motors and mechanisms. Now I’m thinking it was designed to work. If I got in and out of the truck fifty times a day it might be worthwhile to turn off but I rarely drive the truck outside of weekends so I suppose it’s not a big deal to me anymore.
I wonder if there is any correlation to trucks with the 40/20/40 seat and/or the work surface? That is my 501a setup. ?

Besides 501a, anyone else have these options?

Sponsored

Capt Obvious

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat SUper Crew 500a 3.5 EB Max Tow
I wonder if there is any correlation to trucks with the 40/20/40 seat and/or the work surface? That is my 501a setup. ?

Besides 501a, anyone else have these options?
I thought it was just the 500a. We do have the console though. Sounds like Ford has a correction on their list.

JimR

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat, 3.5 eb, 501a package
Occupation
Telecommunications
I picked up my 501A (bought off the lot) at the end of March, and I have the setting available.
easy.JPG
I ordered my truck Sept 11, 2020, picked it up Jan 03, 2021 and it does not have the Easy Entry/Exit option to turn off .... none of the trucks on the lot, at that time, with the 501a package had the option to turn it off. The dealer kept the truck for several days working with Ford Engineering, they could not fix it at the time but "thought" and update would be coming . 4 months later still nothing. I think it will eventually happen but until then it's an annoying feature..IMO.

Randy K

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat; 2017 Fusion Energi
Occupation
Retired
I don’t know if anyone still follows this thread, but… After my dealers third try they were able to get the turn off option added to the menu so I can finally turn off my easy entry/exit. The correction the listed on the work sheet is: “nec to apim configuration as per ssm 49861”

tn.lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Screw Powerboost 501a
Occupation
retail
Hope they fix this in next update, me no likey going to service dept.

blind56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 2.7EB, 2016 WRX
Is there a trick to easy entry? There's times where the wheel and mirrors will go back to where they were set, but the seat won't return unless I actually press the seat memory button.

Sponsored

OP
OP
StangTech

StangTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mine required an APIM reflash ultimately...no software update worked,

BILDOZER

First Name
BILL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat, 2017 Ford Escape
Occupation
Management
My lariat is still at the Ford dealer service department after two weeks trying to sort out the easy entry/exit software issue. I had the option on the Sync menue for a month but no longer do. The easy entry/exit feature disappeared yet it still functions.

Ebrou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SCREW 5.0L Sport 4x4
SSM 49861 - 2021 F-150 - Easy Entry/Exit Feature Missing From The SYNC 4 Touchscreen Menu

Some 2021 F-150 vehicles may experience the Easy Entry/Exit feature missing from the SYNC 4 touchscreen menu. This may be due to various software parameters in the accessory protocol interface module (APIM). To correct the condition, download and run the APIM - SYNC Module (APIM) Configuration app on the latest level of the Ford diagnostic scan tool. The vehicle and APIM will need to be powered down and restarted to recheck the SYNC 4 touchscreen for the Easy Entry/Exit feature appearing in the menu. For claiming use causal part number 14G671 and applicable labor times from Section 10 of the Service Labor Times Standard (SLTS) Manual.

APPLICABLE VEHICLES
2021 TRUCK: FD P702N F150
I don’t know if anyone still follows this thread, but… After my dealers third try they were able to get the turn off option added to the menu so I can finally turn off my easy entry/exit. The correction the listed on the work sheet is: “nec to apim configuration as per ssm 49861”

Stubblejumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I have a 501A, and that was the first feature that I turned off, the day I took the truck home. I found the setting in vehicle settings, and disabled it. I absolutely deplore that feature, and if I couldn't delete it, I would have annoyed Ford every day about it, until it was disabled.

Kliza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
Thanks for all the feedback folks! Mine was built Feb 4th so fairly recent. It will be interesting to see the speed at which they OTA and fix these issues.
Mine was built in August and I do have this option. One of the first things I clicked off.
Sponsored