Sponsored

ACTIVE AIR DAM EASY SOLUTIONS?

fordhouston

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 LARIAT 501A FX4 V8
Instead of me crawling under my truck and unplugging the automatic air dam. Does anybody know if there is a simple fuse that i can just yank out to save me all the headaches? TIA!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 157wb
What exactly is not working. If it's snagging the fixed dam in front of it and wrinkling it there is a revised part available with more material/height that keeps it from getting below the fixed and snagging.

It's covered in your other thread.

OP
OP
fordhouston

fordhouston

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 LARIAT 501A FX4 V8
What exactly is not working. If it's snagging the fixed dam in front of it and wrinkling it there is a revised part available with more material/height that keeps it from getting below the fixed and snagging.
I just want to disable the stupid active air dam in general.

Sponsored

Rockman5159

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ford f150 FX4
Occupation
retired
Instead of me crawling under my truck and unplugging the automatic air dam. Does anybody know if there is a simple fuse that i can just yank out to save me all the headaches? TIA!
There is and electrical connector under the hood on top of grille that works the shutters,Im not sure how the shutters coincide with the air dam, but the connector is easy to umplug. I changed grilles and had to unplug connector on top to remove grille

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
because it’s ugly first off and secondly i’m not trying to hit debris going on highways/freeways.
debris on texas roads????? surely you jest (y) (y)

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
curious why you think its stupid?
I second that. Not sure what all the hype is about the air dams. What exactly do they do - or don't do - that they need to be deactivated or removed?

Roscopcoletrain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT...on order
I second that. Not sure what all the hype is about the air dams. What exactly do they do - or don't do - that they need to be deactivated or removed?
I understand the issue with them getting stuck, but thats been addressed above

Sponsored

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
already happened to me.. i’ll attach a photo for you.

26A69CE2-18E4-4D87-B3AB-9B6ED173C408.jpeg
i dont have the pic anymore......but in 2004 on I 75 in georgia an 18 wheeler lost an alligatoer tread, a dodge minivan ran over it, blew smoke and oil . and tossed it in the air where the 8 plus foot long tread hit my f350 headlight, grill hood and through the windshield

i crappped my pants, . stopped and made sure we could drive. we found the SOB driver a few mile sup the road his rear trailer tires were on fire

called cops and filed a report.
his company pitched a wholly biotch and paid over 7500 to fix my truck
i have to go look through some old pics

but here in TEXAS OMG freaky ....from screws off carport installer trailers to sheet sof roofing, to tree stumps folks just don't understand TIE IT DOWN

but your air dam looks like its smiling in a "mater" type of way

AggieGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
debris on texas roads????? surely you jest (y) (y)
Was driving south on 45 almost to the woodlands the other day. Full 8ft metal ladder sitting across two lanes. Luckily I was in my sedan and could easily miss it, but the truck behind me wasn't so lucky. The cars behind him had even worse luck

Heavishot

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F-150
I’ve only run over a tire tread once…. Of course it was in my nearly new 21 F150 with active air dam deployed. Needless to say it was ripped completely off one side. I just zip-tied it shut. Not sure if the other side still tries to deploy but my mpg has not been affected.

DarkSkyForever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Mustang GT, 2022 F150 701A (Ordered)
Occupation
Software Engineer
I mean, I'd rather the air dam take the hit if I run over something rather than my bumper or oil pan. At least the air dam is an easy part to replace. I'll leave mine on. :)
Sponsored