Sponsored

Easy/Entry Exit Function?

StangTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4, 5.0L
Anyone able to locate the Easy/Entry Exit option to turn it off? It’s in the manual but option is missing on screen? I have a 501a Lariat and every time I turn off the truck it slides the seat back, then slides forward when I get in. The owners manual says where the feature is located but it's not there for me. Weird.

Ford F-150 Easy/Entry Exit Function? 4791C128-07FC-4AF2-9F2D-08E38E55CC11_1_105_c
Sponsored

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Anyone able to locate the Easy/Entry Exit option to turn it off? It’s in the manual but option is missing on screen? I have a 501a Lariat and every time I turn off the truck it slides the seat back, then slides forward when I get in. The owners manual says where the feature is located but it's not there for me. Weird.

4791C128-07FC-4AF2-9F2D-08E38E55CC11_1_105_c.jpeg
I believe it is under settings, truck

Best way is to just bounce around looking and you can usually find this stuff.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150

4791C128-07FC-4AF2-9F2D-08E38E55CC11_1_105_c.jpeg
I got this by watching the Sync4 tutorial video posted a few days ago.
  1. Truck on and Sync4 up and running (obviously)
  2. Go to the settings tab at the bottom toolbar of the screen
  3. You should see an "Easy Entry/Exit" sub-menu, click on it
  4. It will open another sub-menu showing "Seat Adjustment"
  5. If it is highlighted blue, it is set to on, click it once and it should turn to grayed out meaning that feature is now off
Good luck, let me know if this works!

Ford F-150 Easy/Entry Exit Function? 72867777-CFD3-41C8-B02E-0E5AA0095CB6

Ford F-150 Easy/Entry Exit Function? EE791B5F-F693-41C6-BEDA-FCF04C59800A

OP
OP
StangTech

StangTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I got this by watching the Sync4 tutorial video posted a few days ago.
  1. Truck on and Sync4 up and running (obviously)
  2. Go to the settings tab at the bottom toolbar of the screen
  3. You should see an "Easy Entry/Exit" sub-menu, click on it
  4. It will open another sub-menu showing "Seat Adjustment"
  5. If it is highlighted blue, it is set to on, click it once and it should turn to grayed out meaning that feature is now off
Good luck, let me know if this works!

72867777-CFD3-41C8-B02E-0E5AA0095CB6.jpeg

EE791B5F-F693-41C6-BEDA-FCF04C59800A.jpeg

Thanks! But no luck! It's missing for sure.

Sponsored

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 500A Powerboost 4x4
I have the same issue. My truck is a Lariat 500A and the menu item is missing. Ford dealer called the Ford hotline when I brought it in for service about this. Apparently, Ford is aware of the issue and will push an update to the trucks, but probably in the summer. Can't believe it will take that long.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have the same issue. My truck is a Lariat 500A and the menu item is missing. Ford dealer called the Ford hotline when I brought it in for service about this. Apparently, Ford is aware of the issue and will push an update to the trucks, but probably in the summer. Can't believe it will take that long.

Wonder what the issue is? What are the build dates of your all’s trucks? Only thing I can think of is that you have an early version of the Sync4 operating system.

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 500A Powerboost 4x4
Wonder what the issue is? What are the build dates of your all’s trucks? Only thing I can think of is that you have an early version of the Sync4 operating system.
The toggle to turn off easy/entry exit is missing from the Sync 4 system. The tech was able to see the function on the scan tool, but not on the Sync screen. It is very annoying because I never intended to use the feature, and it is preventing me from using a car seat behind the driver's seat. I'm hoping that Ford can use the over the air update capability to provide a fix sooner than later. It is a comfort and convenience item, so should not have that much red-tape to require several months long review before being pushed.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The toggle to turn off easy/entry exit is missing from the Sync 4 system. The tech was able to see the function on the scan tool, but not on the Sync screen. It is very annoying because I never intended to use the feature, and it is preventing me from using a car seat behind the driver's seat. I'm hoping that Ford can use the over the air update capability to provide a fix sooner than later. It is a comfort and convenience item, so should not have that much red-tape to require several months long review before being pushed.
Interesting. Just trying to to figure out why some trucks (like the one in the video) have the menu, and your all’s don’t.

Sponsored

zdjelar

First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy
So this will be a great test of whether Ford’s culture is ready to provide quick OTA updates and fixes ala Tesla. Will we see regular delivery of new features/fixes (maybe monthly) or will we see one OTA update a year or every 1-2 years? So far the impression isn’t great.

Most of the time, at large traditional corporations, this isn’t about tech (the actual ABILITY to provide OTA updates), it’s about culture and incentives. They’re spend more than 100 years making cars a certain way, fixing issues a certain way, and delivering new features in new annual model years (thus also giving you incentive to constantly consider upgrading). My prediction is Ford will not adapt to this easily. Will likely take them another 3-5 years to catch up culturally to companies like Tesla in this space.

OP
OP
StangTech

StangTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks for all the feedback folks! Mine was built Feb 4th so fairly recent. It will be interesting to see the speed at which they OTA and fix these issues.

tn.lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Screw Powerboost 501a
Occupation
retail
Glad somebody else came across this issue. It was there until first initial seat setting was preformed, now it gone. I even tried a master reset to no avail. Well looks like just have to wait for update.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks for all the feedback folks! Mine was built Feb 4th so fairly recent. It will be interesting to see the speed at which they OTA and fix these issues.

My guess diagnosis of an early build is out then...

Smitdog

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited PowerBoost Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Gainfully Retired
With the number of questions on this forum re: "How do I change this setting...", and the pure number of settings available, it would be helpful if Ford added a "search" bar at the top to quickly get you to the setting you're looking for (like Smartphones have today).
Sponsored