Sponsored

Easy (and affordable) way to recalibrate speedometer?

Vin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
There are easy ways to recalibrate the speedo on other manufacturer's platforms without buying a "tuner" or taking the steering wheel apart to "temporarily" install a device. For a Jeep, the JSCAN app comes to mind. Using it, you can easily change tire size without too much trouble and it is very affordable ($40 plus a bluetooth OBD sensor). Are there any suggestions other than the comprehensive Forscan? I'm not interested in tinkering with my truck's electronics more than recalibrating the speedo.

Is Forscan "lite" for iOS (Not Android) still a thing? That seems like the most comparable to the JSCAN app with which I am familiar.
Sponsored

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
Unfortunately, FORScan Lite is no longer and option for iOS

Ford F-150 Easy (and affordable) way to recalibrate speedometer? 1666626376452

OP
OP
Vin

Vin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Unfortunately, FORScan Lite is no longer and option for iOS

1666626376452.png
Damn. Thanks. I am fully indoctrinated in the Apple "cult" so no Forscan lite for me.

Has anybody used the Superchips Flashcal on a Gen 14 F-150? Even their site gives conflicting info about it's compatibility with the 2022. Their fitment filter says it only works on a 2021 5.0L, the product page says "21+" in one section and "1999-2022" in another. I assume it works, but wonder if anyone on the forum has tried it. Specifically for tire size.

Badhabit

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 SCrew 4x4 5.0 302A
Are there any suggestions other than the comprehensive Forscan? I'm not interested in tinkering with my truck's electronics more than recalibrating the speedo.
Then get Forscan (free) and an OBD adapter ($40) and only recalibrate the speedo. Just because you have Forscan doesn't mean you have to make multiple changes.

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
Well that's dumb. Why'd they get rid of it for iOS?

Sponsored

Oxford_Powerboost

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 5.0
Forscan really sounds like what you’re looking for. Free software (plus the dongle), and non invasive…don’t make non speedo changes and you’re golden. There’s always the chance you post the area you’re in and a member on here may be willing to help for a 12 pack or some pizza if you’re worried about doing it yourself

Lsucrna

First Name
KG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Over educated professional bartender
Damn. Thanks. I am fully indoctrinated in the Apple "cult" so no Forscan lite for me.

Has anybody used the Superchips Flashcal on a Gen 14 F-150? Even their site gives conflicting info about it's compatibility with the 2022. Their fitment filter says it only works on a 2021 5.0L, the product page says "21+" in one section and "1999-2022" in another. I assume it works, but wonder if anyone on the forum has tried it. Specifically for tire size.
I have a ‘21 and my buddy has a ‘22. We both bought the Flashcals and they work perfectly. Literally 10 min from opening the box to changing tire size and changing a few other options. Love it. Correcting tire size also made the shifting pattern better and I got a bump in fuel mileage which was unexpected. Verified the increase mpg with the odometer not just what the dash says.

NVSTG8R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F150 Platinum, 2021 F150 Limited
Occupation
Retired Fire, Bomb, & Arson
Can someone tell me the values in forscan for changing the tire size? I'm just getting it setup, but not sure which module it's in and more importantly, what value I need to give the new 35" tires. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Modn

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
General Manager Building material distribution
I have a ‘21 and my buddy has a ‘22. We both bought the Flashcals and they work perfectly. Literally 10 min from opening the box to changing tire size and changing a few other options. Love it. Correcting tire size also made the shifting pattern better and I got a bump in fuel mileage which was unexpected. Verified the increase mpg with the odometer not just what the dash says.
I think I will purchase the Flashcal. Where did you find the best deal? I have a '21 XLT, put 34.5" tires with new rims, took it to the dealer to get recalibrated. Ended up with them telling me "Your truck does not have the capability for us to recalibrate the speedo" What??? I have no idea why they couldn't, but who am I to say?

Does this sound right? Speedo is off 3mph, I can live with that, but why should I?

Sponsored

Lsucrna

First Name
KG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
I think I will purchase the Flashcal. Where did you find the best deal? I have a '21 XLT, put 34.5" tires with new rims, took it to the dealer to get recalibrated. Ended up with them telling me "Your truck does not have the capability for us to recalibrate the speedo" What??? I have no idea why they couldn't, but who am I to say?

Does this sound right? Speedo is off 3mph, I can live with that, but why should I?
We bought ours at Holley.com. Quick and easy.

Lsucrna

First Name
KG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Perfect, I did just that! Thanks!
Very nice. Just take it out of the box and plug into a computer to make sure it’s got all the newest updates. Then follow the instructions. It’s amazingly simple and straight forward. You will have to put in your tire size and drive around to check it. It may need a slight adjustment. I have 35.0” tires and mine is set at 34.75 in the Flashcal. It’s perfect.

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford F150 Powerboost 7.2kw
Occupation
Studio truck driver
Can someone tell me the values in forscan for changing the tire size? I'm just getting it setup, but not sure which module it's in and more importantly, what value I need to give the new 35" tires. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
So in forscan I think it’s either in the bcm or the ipc. Can’t remember at this moment. But click on one of those but not the “as built” the other one that does not say that. Then you will get a list of choices. Again memory here I think it’s tire size. And when you click to change it you need to do it in MM. Google a MM calculator and then you can plug in that value. I had to do it a few times and tweak the number after making a couple short drives with waze on to see real gps speed.

NVSTG8R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F150 Platinum, 2021 F150 Limited
Occupation
Retired Fire, Bomb, & Arson
I actually ended up using the spreadsheets on the main FORScan thread. I used 305 65 R20's, which got me to within one mile an hour different. I then used the spreadsheet with the adjustment for speed, using your speed and gps speed. That gave me the new values. I plugged them in and I'm less than 1 mph off. That's good with me. Thank you for answering my question though. I guess I used the harder method, lol. It works though. Many thanks to those who came up with the spreadsheets. They're great.
Sponsored