Sponsored

Speedometer correction with different tires?

jiggadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-Series
Those of you that went to larger tires, did you get the speedometer corrected?
Sponsored

Madman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 Ford Explorers
Occupation
Engineer
I haven't received my truck yet but did ask the Service Manager at my Ford dealership. He told me that Ford won't do it. I mentioned Forscan and he said there were many ways of making this change but that Ford wouldn't do so. I'm not certain if having it done elsewhere voids any warrantee but I would doubt it.

On a related note, I also inquired about a Leveling and he was excited - that he had done it to his Platty FX4. He even guided me to the leveling kit he'd bought from Amazon and quoted me $450 to install it. 'Sounds a bit high to me but I understand that there is more labor involved to level or lift the 2021's.

'Hope this helps.

satexas

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 PB 2021 L502a
and quoted me $450 to install it. 'Sounds a bit high to me but I understand that there is more labor involved to level or lift the 2021's.
That's certified abuse. Don't do it at the dealer. You can find it elsewhere for half that in labor.

Madman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 Ford Explorers
Occupation
Engineer
That's certified abuse. Don't do it at the dealer. You can find it elsewhere for half that in labor.
Thanks, that's what I thought. I will ask around.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 GT350
You'll be able to calibrate it with the free FORscan software, a portable Windows device, and an appropriate ODB II adapter. The best adapter to get is the ODBLink EX for about $50 on Amazon. Stay away from the chinesium ones.

I have instructions for doing this here: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...ometer-error-no-flash-or-tune-required.67564/

Pay close attention to the need to do a PCM and TCM relearn in order to clear DTC's.

Sponsored

zdjelar

First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy
Is it actually confirmed that we WILL be able to recalibrate on the 21’s? What happens as Ford pushes out OTA updates, will they reset every time?

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 GT350
Only one way to find out.

If you don't want the truck phoning home, there's probably multiple ways to work around it.
Sponsored