First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
I got the plastic ones from Ford for Christmas and put them on shortly after. The amount of dirt they keep off the side of the truck was impressive. The front ones also help keep the running boards cleaner so I track less junk into the cab as well. Not needed, but certainly helpful.
Sponsored

redline

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150, BMW X5, BMW M3,
Occupation
Sales
It helps your truck to keep rocks off it , but it also helps keep rocks of other peoples cars as well. Every time I get a rock chip 90% of the time it is from a truck with no mud flaps …

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
It helps your truck to keep rocks off it , but it also helps keep rocks of other peoples cars as well. Every time I get a rock chip 90% of the time it is from a truck with no mud flaps …
Exactly. Every single time it's been a pickup with no mudflaps. :mad:

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
I have the Lariat see picture below. Do I need the splash guards with or without wheel-lip molding? Which two below fit my truck? Thanks.

IMG_7732.jpeg

IMG_8002.jpeg
I think it's the first 2. I ordered mine at the dealership. I don't think they had the last 2 options when I ordered mine.

Sponsored

{tpc}

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 302a High SuperCrew 3.5 EB MaxTow
I have knock off ones from amazon that are basically direct copys of the ford ones, but I couldn't pass up $25 for the set of 4. I haven't seen their utility just yet, but the hope is to keep the running boards and back bumper clean, which are 2 spots that always like to collect dirt.

crazywayne311

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SCrew 157" Agate Black Lariat 502A
Occupation
CTMO
Ill be honest...I thought the flaps looked dumb as crap at first. :ROFLMAO: thought it made my truck look more like an old mans truck :oops:

but i read around the forums. i saw the people claiming it helped keep rocks from flying up on the side of the truck, that it helped mud and water from shooting up the side of the truck...but the biggest one for me was it helped keep water, dirt and grime in general off the electronic running boards.

so i put the OEM flaps on. easy to install. look decent. seem sturdy enough. but yeah, it did all those things.

now that i have wheels that have a little poke and big meaty tires, im sure its helping still do all those things. i'm also pretty sure people behind me are happier i got them as well. :ROFLMAO:

Ford F-150 Do our F150 really need mud flaps? Flaps 1

Ford F-150 Do our F150 really need mud flaps? Flaps 2

Mosey

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
I put on mud flaps for the reasons other have given. I also saw a lot of ice and snow buildup on the rear step bar support, so much so that the rear door would hit it when opening.

I put on Gatorbacks, but purchased they directly and without logos to reduce the cost. They are very well made but do not come cheap.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Ill be honest...I thought the flaps looked dumb as crap at first. :ROFLMAO: thought it made my truck look more like an old mans truck :oops:

but i read around the forums. i saw the people claiming it helped keep rocks from flying up on the side of the truck, that it helped mud and water from shooting up the side of the truck...but the biggest one for me was it helped keep water, dirt and grime in general off the electronic running boards.

so i put the OEM flaps on. easy to install. look decent. seem sturdy enough. but yeah, it did all those things.

now that i have wheels that have a little poke and big meaty tires, im sure its helping still do all those things. i'm also pretty sure people behind me are happier i got them as well. :ROFLMAO:

Flaps 1.jpg

Flaps 2.jpg
And what is wrong with (QUOTE) thought it made my truck look more like an old mans truck ? ... I will have you know there are a lot of old men on this forum....ROTFLMAO....

Just buggin' you....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
At the cost of these trucks, I do what I have to do to help preserve it..

crazywayne311

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SCrew 157" Agate Black Lariat 502A
Occupation
CTMO
And what is wrong with (QUOTE) thought it made my truck look more like an old mans truck ? ... I will have you know there are a lot of old men on this forum....ROTFLMAO....

Just buggin' you....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
At the cost of these trucks, I do what I have to do to help preserve it..
i see you're a retired electrician...i'm no where near a retired electrician but i do know being an electrician can wear on people! theres only so much 277V one can take!

seriously though, that was my thought process and how i kinda felt about mud flaps until i put them on and through their paces haha but seeing as they do serve a function i'm ok with them now haha

Sponsored

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
Anyone know anything about this? What is it called, whats it's purpose? And do you have a name or number for what you replaced it with?
The flat ones are Tremor pieces. Can't recall the part numbers though. Installing them was the 1st thing I did on my truck.
Ford F-150 Do our F150 really need mud flaps? level

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov
If you spend anytime on gravel roads or offroad mud flaps are a must IMO, prevent rock chips, keep mud on the sides to a minimum.

OP
OP

stlgrym3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 PB Lariat
The flat ones are Tremor pieces. Can't recall the part numbers though. Installing them was the 1st thing I did on my truck.
level.jpg
off topic, did you leveled your truck? it has a very nice looking stance.

Reactions: 780

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
off topic, did you leveled your truck? it has a very nice looking stance.
Thank you.

Yes. 2" level as I wanted to maintain a little rake as I tow a travel trailer. Tires are 35x11.5 Toyos.
Sponsored