First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Business Analysist
I found the default temp lacking and very uneven across the wheel, I upped the temp using forscan and it is a night and day difference in usefulness. I would recommend you give that a shot and see if you are any happier with it.
What did you set it at? I pushed it to 39 and did not feel anywhere
Sponsored

mau47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 502A Powerboost FX4
What did you set it at? I pushed it to 39 and did not feel anywhere
I can double check later today but I am pretty sure I ended up only a degree or two higher than the default whatever that ends up being temp wise.

When you say you don't feel it anywhere do you mean at all or just very weak and the bump didn't make a difference? If you don't feel it at all it may not be working properly or maybe you got a dud wheel.

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
What is MCS?
"Multi Contour Seats" Others call it 'massaging seats'. Doesnt really 'massage', per se. There are air bladders that inflate\deflate to keep blood circulating and soother back and booty. Its a must after a weekend at the lake on Jet Skis, boats, etc.
Now if anyone actually ever came up with a true, massaging (vibrating) seat, I'd buy that truck in two seconds. My Dad had an old Niagra Massaging recliner back in the day... man... Was the ____ after football practice\games or track practice\meets....

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
"Multi Contour Seats" Others call it 'massaging seats'. Doesnt really 'massage', per se. There are air bladders that inflate\deflate to keep blood circulating and soother back and booty. Its a must after a weekend at the lake on Jet Skis, boats, etc.
Now if anyone actually ever came up with a true, massaging (vibrating) seat, I'd buy that truck in two seconds. My Dad had an old Niagra Massaging recliner back in the day... man... Was the ____ after football practice\games or track practice\meets....
Thanks! Not caught up with all the acronyms :giggle:

According to AutoVlog, the 2024 Lincoln Navigator seats are real massage seats, but it's not a truck ;)

wessermgm

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum SCrew, Smoked Quartz, 701a, FX4
My 2022's heated steering wheel is pretty damn hot without Forscan. After the cab has warmed up I always end up turning it off. Maybe it's because its damn near the only thing Ford didn't delete on 2022 Job 2s.

Sponsored

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
Thanks! Not caught up with all the acronyms :giggle:

According to AutoVlog, the 2024 Lincoln Navigator seats are real massage seats, but it's not a truck ;)
Nice... The video says "Full massaging seats for driver and passenger", but is that truly that? Or just the MCS again?

Just specced out a blue one at $85k. My wife likes the smaller SUVs, she drives an Explorer and I cant even get her into an Expedition... :(

Last edited:

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
Nice... The video says "Full massaging seats for driver and passenger, but is that truly that? Or just the MCS again?

Just specced out a blue one at $85k. My wife likes the smaller SUVs, she drives and Explorer and I cant even get her into an Expedition... :(
I swear I heard him say that these are real massage seats.

brfertig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT 5.0 4X4 ELocker Fox Racing w/35's
Occupation
Sr Project Manager & Investor
23’s cant be tuned to my knowledge without hardware added to the truck :(

im sure there are other small differences but super minor if any.
What hardware is required. I just bought a 23 5.0 and have been looking at the Roush SC and some other things. Why and what causes this restriction for tuning?

staying_tuned

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT
23’s cant be tuned to my knowledge without hardware added to the truck :(
My recent tune was applied via SCT X4's new PCM dongle (vs OBDll) and so far, through a number of revisions during my supercharger install, has been rock solid with zero hardware needing to actually remain on the truck. I believe Livernois has the MyCalibrator supporting 23' as well.

The X4, notice the top left dongle. This goes into the first slot on the PCM under the hood. I've only used the OBDll port for logging.

Ford F-150 Differences 21 f150 vs 23 f150 Screenshot 2024-02-14 at 12.08.49 PM

Sponsored

zx6roclet

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 tremor
What hardware is required. I just bought a 23 5.0 and have been looking at the Roush SC and some other things. Why and what causes this restriction for tuning?
Good catch I was referring to the 3.5 there is a note in their website saying 23 and up must drive to Michigan shop for additional hardware install.

Blue22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Sport SuperCrew 5.0L
The 2021's also had lighted front cup holders, rear cup holders with the "fingers", digital displays on the HVAC and fan knobs, lighted media bin and lighted lower glove box. I think they also had an extra light in each of the doors.

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
Just looking to see what the differences are from a 21 f150 lariat to a 23 aside from the gain of a heated steering wheel.
No Lariat SuperCab in 2023 :cry: