Sponsored

Dealership not honoring signed Vehicle Order Agreement, demanding higher price

GolfR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR PB
I’m not sure that you have much to stand on since you signed the new paperwork but I think you should continue to fight with the Ford Marketing/customer service folks. The CEO just made even more public comments about dealers doing this, you may find some sort of benefit from Ford itself given this is such a public issue.
Sponsored

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Problem is I already picked the vehicle up. I was there for 6 hours (no exaggeration) while they played the game and told me there was no other choice. I was tired of it and signed new slip, slept on it a couple nights and got pissed and here I am now. I also agree with the first post, I will be contacting an attorney on Monday and emailing whatever emails I can find at Ford. I did see contact information for Farley (supposedly) somewhere on another forum I'll look for

Well, nothing you can do now.

That would have been key info. You signed and took delivery. Nothing you can or should do.

You made thev deal. Live with it.

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
Go to a different dealer.

MontanaFred

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford F150 XLT 4x4
Occupation
AD Air Force
Even though you signed a new deal and its a closed case now. I would still feel compelled to reach out to Ford Motor Company top brass, customer relations, ect. Tell whoever will listen and maybe...just maybe they'll spend 5 minutes looking into that dealership. Could have impacts on them that prevents this shady situation from happening to someone else. Its terrible enough it happened to you, but try and enjoy the truck. This sort of stuff just reinforces my thoughts about car dealerships and salesmen....

Sponsored

OP
OP
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F 150 Lariat
Even though you signed a new deal and its a closed case now. I would still feel compelled to reach out to Ford Motor Company top brass, customer relations, ect. Tell whoever will listen and maybe...just maybe they'll spend 5 minutes looking into that dealership. Could have impacts on them that prevents this shady situation from happening to someone else. Its terrible enough it happened to you, but try and enjoy the truck. This sort of stuff just reinforces my thoughts about car dealerships and salesmen....
I have read all the comments/help (thank you to everyone) and think that is how I'll proceed, BBB and brass at ford will be notified in detail of this experience. Additionally, and ironically, the dealership is obsessed with the Ford survey, I have two voice-mails on my phone so far of the salesman begging me to fill out the Ford survey with 5 stars ("Please, Please, Please" "we need that", etc) I was holding out on survey until I got this resolved, but obviously they are concerned with it and, well, it's not going to be 5 stars....

MontanaFred

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford F150 XLT 4x4
Occupation
AD Air Force
Those surveys are critical to them. I was very objective and factual in mine. I made it very clear the only reason they got a 5 from me is the actual salesman really did go above and beyond helping me out. I took the time to write up a comment about the Salesman, Manager, Dealership and Ford Motor Company specifically.

Rockman5159

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ford f150 FX4
Occupation
retired
I placed a F150 factory order back in March, signed the Order Agreement and placed initial down payment, upon delivery of the truck the dealership informed me that they would no longer honor the contract that I had signed with them because Ford had raised the price of the F150 line (weeks after I ordered the truck) and also that I wouldn't be getting one of the rebates because I missed the deadline (I signed the Order on 3/28, they waited until 4/4 to place it, rebate expired 4/1). I was told at the dealership this was the way it was and there were no other options. A couple of days after I started thinking about it more and looked online and saw that Ford would actually credit the dealership for this discrepancy and that was supposed to be passed back to consumer (initial contract would be honored). I contacted the Ford Customer Relationship Center (800-392-3673) and after speaking to a Rep., she seemed to understand my concern and asked for documentation, opened a case number and said she would be in contact. Several days had gone by with no word, so I reached out again, was told to expect a call in a couple days, again nothing. I called back today and was told it was a marketing issue, not customer care, but that they would still contact me regarding the case #. I was hoping that getting a case number would get me closer to having this resolved, but seems like it's getting stalled now. Has anyone else gone through this? Wondering if someone has, if they had any contact information for the correct department. I'd prefer to have this handled in a cordial, business way, but thinking now I may be better off just getting an attorney involved.

Edit: Invoices attached
A signed purchase contract is a legal contract that the dealer cant wiggle out of. IMO any legal system would make them honor contract. I'd put Judy on their a*%

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
A signed purchase contract is a legal contract that the dealer cant wiggle out of. IMO any legal system would make them honor contract. I'd put Judy on their a*%
Sadly though that order agreement is not a contract. They are not obligated and nether are you. The contract is signed at the final pick up with finance.

Badhabit

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 SCrew 4x4 5.0 302A
Sadly though that order agreement is not a contract. They are not obligated and nether are you. The contract is signed at the final pick up with finance.
Depends on the laws in your state. In many places a piece of paper with the dealership's letterhead, a price, and the customer's signature is absolutely considered a binding contract.

Sponsored

aybe09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum Ordered
Maybe before filling out the survey, you could show them the price protection documents and see if they'll reimburse you the difference. If they don't comply, let them know you'll be filling out the survey with factual information on how your purchase was handled.

OP
OP
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F 150 Lariat
Maybe before filling out the survey, you could show them the price protection documents and see if they'll reimburse you the difference. If they don't comply, let them know you'll be filling out the survey with factual information on how your purchase was handled.
I've thought about different approaches with this, this is definitely an option, but to other people's point of here, also important to inform as many people (BBB, Ford execs and customer support, etc) about this so that people are aware and can hopefully save someone the same bullshit in the future. For that, I won't trade a favorable survey for the ~$2k I got scammed. The facts will get shared regardless

Bigguy214

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 f150
Keep talking to ford about this.I just read not too long ago about a similar situation and I guess ford sent the dealer a check and then the dealer gave the customer their money back.If I remember right supposedly the dealer didn’t know anything about getting reimbursed from ford or how to go about it.Don’t give up on it I would be calling ford everyday until it is resolved.Also those surveys are really important to the dealerships.Ford actually looks at everyone from what I was told.I would tell the dealer that when your issue gets solved then you will fill out the survey.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 STX 4X4
It really depends what state you’re in. My dealer attempted the same thing, but via email. I informed them that they would be selling me the vehicle for what we agreed to back in February. I also told them that if they want more money, go get it from Ford in the form of price protection.

I then talked to a lawyer, who informed me that our agreement was a legal binding contract, even via email without signatures. In my state, this is a contract, due to a law passed during Covid, when people weren’t meeting in person. In addition, if they backed out and sold my truck to someone else, the dealer would have to compensate me with a brand new truck for the original agreed price.

After sharing this with the dealer, they immediately backed down and agreed to our original price. They were stuck. I’m still upset they tried this. I just want my truck and this whole ordeal to be over with.
Sponsored