• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
Inaccurate.

The December 1st deadline only has to do with how many prioritizations a dealer received. That number of prioritizations has nothing to do with how many Lightnings Ford will give a dealer.

A dealer with 100 reservations got to prioritize as many people as a dealer with 700 reservations.
My post was in response to RalpL’s post early in this thread. He had asked about a dealer possibly prioritizing customers *without* a reservation. A no no according to the 12/8 memo, and not related to allocations.
Sponsored

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
I just looked on the Ford order site for the MME and Koons Falls Church has a significant ADM included in the pricing eve though the nearby dealers that I looked at do not.

Most dealers I have talked to about MMEs or other vehicles do not upcharge ordered vehicles, but will if the vehicle becomes a retail unit because it was rejected by the customer who ordered it.
FWIW I used to live in N. Va. Koons always has been a joke-- never competitive on price, even in a buyers market. I would steer clear of the DC area if you can--you'll never get a good price at any dealer there. People with money to burn is the demographic. Switch to a smaller dealer outside the DC bubble.

FordLightning

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Deposit on Ford Lightning
Not quite... That would be Ford taking the extra, which I might be ok with. In this case, they're PAYING the dealers to sell their trucks for them. The dealers, who are already being paid, are scalping for more. They're dirty tax collectors. Middle-men lining their pockets. It would be like if a friend paid you to sell their house for them and you sold it for $10k more and kept the difference. Your costs were already covered but you got a sweet bonus out of it - that should have been your friends money. You took advantage of them and their buyer. It's wrong.

I flipping hate everything about the dealership experience. Every last bit of it... I'll show myself out now.
I believe most dealers are decent. My issue is I didn’t buy from a dealer. They made me pick one at random when I pre-ordered online, and I found out I don’t care for them. Then I had to pick a different dealer I never met to avoid being charged above MSRP.

Prioritization and allocation should have nothing to do with your reservation status. Only reservation order and configuration availability.

If I don’t get to order due to not making the reservation on time it would be one thing…but if I don’t make it due to dealer prioritization or allocation, I will never consider a Ford again. Already, I have started hedging my bets by exploring other options.

NomoF150

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too Many
Occupation
Retired Military
I've got no skin in the game because a Lightning interests me as much as a Chevy Bolt. But what I will say is this..

1) MSRP is just just Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price. It's not set in stone by the manufacturer. Dealers are welcome to charge as much above or below MSRP as they choose.
2) No one in this thread has complained of dealers offering below invoice pricing. In this day and age, it's unheard of. I know, even getting AZXD pricing is tough enough, getting 3-4% below invoice takes lot of phone calls/emails to find one willing to do it.
3) It's a new and rare vehicle, the first fully electrict pickup. So dealers are going to take advantage. Always have, always will. ADM's are not uncomon even in the old days for rare or odd cars like Bullitt's or Demon/HellCat/ZL1 Camaro's. In today's world consider yourself lucky to walk off the lot with even a Toyota Corolla at MSRP.
4) Face it, if you had a factory 428/429 SCJ, LS6 or Hemi motor in the crate from the late 60's/early 70's you wanted to sell, would you ask $500 for it? Probably not, add a zero to the end most likely.
5) Last but not least, don't want to pay the ADM? Then don't.. walk away and buy a Powerboost, come back when EV is more available and prices are more reasonable.

Just the ramblings of a gas guzzling V8 owner...

Sponsored

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
Credit to them being up front and clear. $5k not bad especially if you’re someone with the scratch for Lariat or higher. (I’m Pro or nothing)
So they’re giving you the opportunity to look around with time to spare. And if they’re putting it down on paper, maybe not the worst offer you’ll see.
I really don’t see how they should get any credit at all.

These types of markups / gauging are just wrong and anyone who just suck it up and spend the ADM is not very smart or they just have money to burn.

Walk away and find another dealer.

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
Patience is a very underrated and forgotten trait.

Seems like one is either born with it or not.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Just got off the phone with my dealer who reconfirmed no ADM. Also he confirmed the priority for loyalty he said it's going to customers that have purchased 5 or more vehicles in the past from their dealership, I respect that and in no way did I try and argue for special treatment.

He did confirm that based on my standing I should expect to be in the first wave of orders.

Looks like I may be one of the lucky ones that experience a painless process.

bboy_72

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Email from my dealer just now:
" At some point in January, Ford intends to open the order bank for Lightning vehicles. At that point, a group of people with early reservations will be invited to convert their reservation into an actual order. These invitations will give the client about a week to decide to order the vehicle. If the reservations are not converted in this timeframe, the client risks losing their place in line. "

I asked them about priority orders (they said they were not aware that this was even possible) and what place in line I was (they did not know and said they had no control over reservation or order timing/priority/allocation). I got the sense that Lightnings are really not there priority and wanted to get back to selling trucks that were actually here.

Sealevel

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 XLT Lightning SR
Occupation
Engineer
Unless all who have reserved on time AND have selected a specific dealer cancel their reservation, the dealer can manipulate the order system to get more profit. I doubt enough will do so to make a difference.

I shall wait until I am invited to configure and order to argue with a dealer - until production equals demand, dealers only get Lightnings that are ordered by individuals.

When a dealer can order for stock, pure demand/supply economics will apply.

And the completion is coming - Rams, Silverados, and Tundras will hit the market before Ford can ramp up production.

Sponsored

Sealevel

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 XLT Lightning SR
Occupation
Engineer
Unless all who have reserved on time AND have selected a specific dealer cancel their reservation, the dealer can manipulate the order system to get more profit. I doubt enough will do so to make a difference.

I shall wait until I am invited to configure and order to argue with a dealer - until production equals demand, dealers only get Lightnings that are ordered by individuals.

When a dealer can order for stock, pure demand/supply economics will apply.

And the completion is coming - Rams, Silverados, and Tundras will hit the market before Ford can ramp up production.
Competition, not Completion

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sequoia/QX60, Maybe Bronco 6G WT
I think the “Rich and Famous” will in fact, pay that price. You said every Joe Schmoe can have one, I said they can’t.

I’m betting Ford will minimize, if not, prevent, dealerships from doing just that. I stated in a previous post that, Ford is on a roll, stock is up, and, Farley doesn’t need any bad publicity caused by dealerships who Increase the price above MSRP. Another member on this forum has informed Levin who in turn replied to @Ford about concern. Again, I don’t see this issue being the norm across our country, honestly I think WE are better than that as business people.
You need to spend a little time on the Bronco6G forum to see what dealerships are doing, and how little Ford is doing to stop it.

Whiskey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid, 2020 Toyota Corolla Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Miner
You need to spend a little time on the Bronco6G forum to see what dealerships are doing, and how little Ford is doing to stop it.
I’m very sorry to hear that. What has happened to our civilization anymore? No morals, no core guiding principles? Is it truly all about money anymore? All I can relate to would be my personal experience with my dealer in Durango, CO who does have values, appreciation for its customer base, and will not play games like those we are discussing on this forum. Next time, I see Farley, Ill ask him about the Bronco issues.

DirtFreak

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Ford F250
Occupation
Retired ( paper maker )
I’m very sorry to hear that. What has happened to our civilization anymore? No morals, no core guiding principles? Is it truly all about money anymore? All I can relate to would be my personal experience with my dealer in Durango, CO who does have values, appreciation for its customer base, and will not play games like those we are discussing on this forum. Next time, I see Farley, Ill ask him about the Bronco issues.
Those ADM mark ups are pretty much black mail !

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Just got off the phone with my dealer who reconfirmed no ADM. Also he confirmed the priority for loyalty he said it's going to customers that have purchased 5 or more vehicles in the past from their dealership, I respect that and in no way did I try and argue for special treatment.

He did confirm that based on my standing I should expect to be in the first wave of orders.

Looks like I may be one of the lucky ones that experience a painless process.
Follow up, my dealer just called. Told me everyone has been so nasty about this process and getting pissed off at the dealer, he really appreciated how reasonable I was and due to that they'd like to offer me their last priority spot!

I'm now number 10 on the priority list!
Sponsored