• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Is it the dealer who is stupid, or the poor soul who decides it’s a good idea to finance the truck for $30k more then what it’s worth? ??‍♂
Both, because the dealer doesn’t get to choose who to send invitations to. This is only the beginning of this game. I suspect those invited by Ford to configure their truck will find that these dealers will suddenly lose their order or say some salesman accidentally sold it in order to get that extra money.

Before you pay market adjustment, realize that prioritization does not guarantee allocation.
Sponsored

Wolf Man

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
If I was in charge of Ford I'd tell all dealers that if you sell above MSRP you risk having your franchise agreement pulled. Yeah I know this won't happen but I have no tolerance for greed.

Rollingblock

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
97 f150, 01 F250, 2012 Mustang
Sorry guys, as much as you don’t like this, it’s simple supply and demand. You want something new and shiny when it first comes out, then that’s the price you have to pay. If not get in line and wait until 2024.
What you call supply and demand I call bait and switch. A base price is advertised and these people are demanding at least another 25% up front to even place an order. In addition to contacting Larry Farley, I would contact the TV stations local to these dealers. Nearly every one has a consumer watchdog team, some of them would be interested in these dealers. A bad news story or two would make these people think twice about doing this.

ekaddo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning,VolvoXC90T6, BMW1250RT
Occupation
Consultant
Someone with Twitter please Tweet this to Mark Levine and Jim Farley…..

BTW, let’s say you pay the $5k but your at the bottom according to Reservation # Timestamp and Ford doesn’t pick up your order…. Then what?
Someone did get this on social media:

Ford F-150 Lightning Dealers asking for $5K - $30K ADM markup on 2022 F150 Lightning! A9246D31-A581-4A32-AC40-DA5DCD1E4DB5

Whiskey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid, 2020 Toyota Corolla Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Miner
Say it loud…. Spread the word, give these dealerships the attention they desire. I’m almost certain Farley wants these trucks spread across the country at the MSRP Ford establishes. Ford is on a roll right now, stock prices up, he doesn’t need bad publicity caused by greedy dealers. Ford holds all the cards and they can decide who gets what allocation at what time, however, I don’t know if there are contractual agreements between Ford and those greedy dealerships that may prevent Ford from adjusting allocation (dealerships on here speak up), however the case may be, “We the People” don’t have to purchase from them. Didn’t the Mach e cause some issues similar to this?

Sponsored

EVTruckGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Didn’t the Mach e cause some issues similar to this?
I think the Mach e problems were more rare for a couple reasons.

1) Outside of a few exceptions, there were no dealers with big markups for preordered cars. People ordered cars at MSRP in most every case, and there were very few reports of prices changing prior to delivery

2) There was no prioritization process for the Mach e as far as I know.

The only common shenanigans with the Mach e were when people who did not have a reservation tried to purchase one off the lot. Those cars typically had an ADM applied, and in some cases it was quite high.

I really think the auctioning off of vehicle priority assignments we are seeing now for the Lightning is unprecedented and represents a new low on behalf of dealerships.

I ordered a Mach e online and took delivery 6 months later. The price was never adjusted, and I didn't have to deal with being "bumped" for somebody willing to pay $30k to cut in line.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
If you get a dealer stupid enough to come up with an outrageous ADM like that AND put it in writing…run. Also, post that letter on social media and tag CEO Jim Farley and Mike Levine (social media and communications). As of today they are watching for this as it will ultimately hurt Ford and eventually the dealer.
Remember it is Ford that has enabled this with the whole priority crap.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
I think the Mach e problems were more rare for a couple reasons.

1) Outside of a few exceptions, there were no dealers with big markups for preordered cars. People ordered cars at MSRP in most every case, and there were very few reports of prices changing prior to delivery

2) There was no prioritization process for the Mach e as far as I know.
3rd reason: the demand for MME never approached that for F150L.
The only common shenanigans with the Mach e were when people who did not have a reservation tried to purchase one off the lot. Those cars typically had an ADM applied, and in some cases it was quite high.
The other common shenanigans that impacted even ordered cars were the "mandatory" dealer installed options such as nitrogen in the tires, wheel locks, etc.

Whiskey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Miner
Remember it is Ford that has enabled this with the whole priority crap.
I’m not sure this is a bad thing? Some dealerships desire the ability to remain loyal to its local customer group and not so much to that guy that places an order with a dealership that is hundreds of miles away and will never return for service or accessories. We have seen already dealerships advertising below MSRP attracting business from far away places, now how does the locals feel about these guys coming to their home state and taking their opportunity to own this product that Ford is offering? I think Farley wants these vehicles equally divided across the county. It does Ford no good to have them all in California or some place else as EV’s typically don’t venture far from home base.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I’m not sure this is a bad thing? Some dealerships desire the ability to remain loyal to its local customer group and not so much to that guy that places an order with a dealership that is hundreds of miles away and will never return for service or accessories. We have seen already dealerships advertising below MSRP attracting business from far away places, now how does the locals feel about these guys coming to their home state and taking their opportunity to own this product that Ford is offering? I think Farley wants these vehicles equally divided across the county. It does Ford no good to have them all in California or some place else as EV’s typically don’t venture far from home base.
It’s not a bad thing if they do it without auctioning off prioritization. The point of it was to prioritize loyal longtime customers NOT to see who would pay the biggest market adjustment

Sponsored

Whiskey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Miner
It’s not a bad thing if they do it without auctioning off prioritization. The point of it was to prioritize loyal longtime customers NOT to see who would pay the biggest market adjustment
Exactly! But the fact remains that those dealerships in areas of wealth are going to take advantage of the “Rich and Famous” people in our country. Shoot… it wouldn’t surprise me if Elon Musk himself purchased ALL those vehicles at that price simply to keep that product off the streets. Let’s hope that Ford can control some of this?

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
It is a bad thing anyway you look at it. If a dealership in California sells it bellow MSRP and one in VA lose business because of it, they will sell bellow MSRP as well. Competitive market is good for consumer.

Whiskey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Miner
It is a bad thing anyway you look at it. If a dealership in California sells it bellow MSRP and one in VA lose business because of it, they will sell bellow MSRP as well. Competitive market is good for consumer.
I don’t think you get my drift, competitive marketing is entirely different idea. Getting this new product out so everyone across the county can see for themselves that EV’s can work in our society. The world is changing no matter what “We the People” think. Just like computers, cellphones, and, flat screen tv’s. We can adapt or not, it’s up to each individual. Competitive marketing will follow when supply exceeds demand and only then.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Exactly! But the fact remains that those dealerships in areas of wealth are going to take advantage of the “Rich and Famous” people in our country. Shoot… it wouldn’t surprise me if Elon Musk himself purchased ALL those vehicles at that price simply to keep that product off the streets. Let’s hope that Ford can control some of this?
^^^ Isn't that the truth!

Wealthy areas of Los Angeles (westside, century city, beach cities) will have people willing to pay $50K or more ADM just to be the one to drive a new model around his/her block.....

The reason I know is that I live in the "poor" side of LA County and when we were looking at our first time house, we were constantly overbid, out competed, counter offer waiving everything, full cash prices by west side home owners & investors who have multi million dollar homes.

That's unfair!

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
^^^ Isn't that the truth!

Wealthy areas of Los Angeles (westside, century city, beach cities) will have people willing to pay $50K or more ADM just to be the one to drive a new model around his/her block.....

The reason I know is that I live in the "poor" side of LA County and when we were looking at our first time house, we were constantly overbid, out competed, counter offer waiving everything, full cash prices by west side home owners & investors who have multi million dollar homes.

That's unfair!
I don’t think any of the rich and famous are looking at the lowly Lightning that any Joe Schmoe can attain. They are likely looking to purchase a Hummmer or Cybertruck. People who will pay Market Adjustment either want to brag around the block or are Social Media Stars who will make up what they paid with a video “Taking delivery of my Lightning the first”
Sponsored