• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Dirtyrider89

First Name
Korey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Technician for cranes
Offered 100$ gift card and got prioritized I got lucky
Sponsored

DadBald

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Honda Odyssey, 2013 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Energy Engineer
True on the house bidding war. But we are talking about a home builder you paid to build a house suddenly jacking up their price before you can take ownership.
Not quite... That would be Ford taking the extra, which I might be ok with. In this case, they're PAYING the dealers to sell their trucks for them. The dealers, who are already being paid, are scalping for more. They're dirty tax collectors. Middle-men lining their pockets. It would be like if a friend paid you to sell their house for them and you sold it for $10k more and kept the difference. Your costs were already covered but you got a sweet bonus out of it - that should have been your friends money. You took advantage of them and their buyer. It's wrong.

I flipping hate everything about the dealership experience. Every last bit of it... I'll show myself out now.

_jeff

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
22 Bronco Badlands, 14 Harley-Davidson FLD, 15 CRV
Be sure to look this over before placing an order (as soon as possible) https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...ers-that-do-dont-apply-adm-price-markup.5954/

I moved dealers two days ago using the helpful 800 number 1-800-334-4375 and am now locking down no ADM (sold at MSRP) with a dealer that's only going to prioritize based on res timestamps and not their best customers.

As someone who's also going through this process for the Bronco, I STRONGLY suggest you do your due diligence now.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Someone with Twitter please Tweet this to Mark Levine and Jim Farleyā€¦..

BTW, letā€™s say you pay the $5k but your at the bottom according to Reservation # Timestamp and Ford doesnā€™t pick up your orderā€¦. Then what?

futuretrunks

First Name
Jewelrean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
honda accord ā€˜18 ford bronco ā€˜21
Occupation
manager
Credit to them being up front and clear. $5k not bad especially if youā€™re someone with the scratch for Lariat or higher. (Iā€™m Pro or nothing)
So theyā€™re giving you the opportunity to look around with time to spare. And if theyā€™re putting it down on paper, maybe not the worst offer youā€™ll see.
This isnā€™t being upfront. That would be the case if this communication was sent immediately after the customer made their reservation. Ford has got to nip this shit in the butt. Itā€™s nothing but pure greed.

Sponsored

Maljr1980

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport
Occupation
Project Manager
Sorry guys, as much as you donā€™t like this, itā€™s simple supply and demand. You want something new and shiny when it first comes out, then thatā€™s the price you have to pay. If not get in line and wait until 2024.

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Another thing to think about, if you wait until your number is up it might be the end of 2023. What will the federal rebate be then? 4500? So the way I see it is Iā€™m happy to throw $3k over the msrp to get a MY22 if possible. The price of the trucks will also climb from year to year.

I donā€™t think Iā€™d go over 3k though for the bump. Would wipe my state rebate.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
Sorry guys, as much as you donā€™t like this, itā€™s simple supply and demand. You want something new and shiny when it first comes out, then thatā€™s the price you have to pay. If not get in line and wait until 2024.
I think it's important to complain as loudly as possible about dealer price gouging. It's not going to have an effect on Rodman Ford or other shady dealers, but it could make Ford think harder about creative ways to prevent price gouging.

For example, there is no reason why Ford couldn't have left the dealers out of the reservation and priority process completely. It would have been so much better if we could have chosen our dealer AFTER assignment to a ordering wave. Would we be seeing this gouging if all the dealers had to compete for our reservation conversions?

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
As bad as the market is, this is not the only option. Folks are already disgusted by the dealer experience. My Rivian will likely be ready around the same time as my Lightning, if my Lightning spot is honored. If I donā€™t get my F150 in time, dealer wonā€™t lose much but I will simply be driving something else with a lot less headache during the purchase process and wonā€™t be looking at another Ford ever again. For a company as old as Ford with a lot of loyal customers, it is good to think long term and try to bring more to Ford family instead of losing people.

Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber

BlueF150Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Ford F-150 SuperCrew
If you get a dealer stupid enough to come up with an outrageous ADM like that AND put it in writingā€¦run. Also, post that letter on social media and tag CEO Jim Farley and Mike Levine (social media and communications). As of today they are watching for this as it will ultimately hurt Ford and eventually the dealer.

Maljr1980

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport
Occupation
Project Manager
If you get a dealer stupid enough to come up with an outrageous ADM like that AND put it in writingā€¦run. Also, post that letter on social media and tag CEO Jim Farley and Mike Levine (social media and communications). As of today they are watching for this as it will ultimately hurt Ford and eventually the dealer.
Is it the dealer who is stupid, or the poor soul who decides itā€™s a good idea to finance the truck for $30k more then what itā€™s worth? ??ā€ā™‚
Sponsored