Sponsored

Dangerous B&O sound system issue

KTLW33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
@rugedraw - If the ACM drives the the tweeters & rear door speakers, then I am even more confused because only my tweeters work & in theory if the tweeters are working then the rear door speakers should work, right??.
Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
@rugedraw - If the ACM drives the the tweeters & rear door speakers, then I am even more confused because only my tweeters work & in theory if the tweeters are working then the rear door speakers should work, right??.
Correct. The rear door speakers are known to produce sounds at a lower level than the front speakers. Many people have complained about this. Try putting the fade all the way to the back and turn the volume up.

KTLW33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Thanks for the suggestion @rugedraw just gave it a shot and that did not work. Faded all the way to the back, turned it all the way up and complete silence.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Thanks for the suggestion @rugedraw just gave it a shot and that did not work. Faded all the way to the back, turned it all the way up and complete silence.
Not sure what's going on, but I've pulled the wiring diagrams for both B&O set ups and that's how it's wired.

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
Not sure what's going on, but I've pulled the wiring diagrams for both B&O set ups and that's how it's wired.
This is what you and I were talking about recently on another thread. Regardless of what the schematics are saying it doesn't appear to be correct. Now KTL and I have ran similar tests and have the exact same conclusion.

Side note:
There is a pretty well known discrepancy in '66 Mustangs that every wiring diagram on the planet shows a distributor wire to be one color and yet ever Mustang has a different colored wire. I was too young and pre-internet to spend hours, looking for and trying to find correct wiring harnesses for a car I was building back in the day, probably hours and hours wasted all to find out the wire was the one I was avoiding using....
:(

Sponsored

KTLW33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Does anyone happen to know the DSP part number? The part number that my dealer ordered and they said is on Backorder was ML3T18T806AM, but from my research that is the Amp, not the DSP. @Ford Motor Company can you please chime in here and confirm this is the correct part number for the DSP & if the DSP is really backordered with no ETA on a recovery date??

Update: This is interesting, got in my truck today & all the speakers worked, stop went into a store & when I started the truck again, back to only the tweeters working. The dealership said the DSP module was dead & not communicating, with the speakers randomly working that makes me think it is not dead, but they did not do the updated as described in service bulletin 50739. Thoughts????

Last edited:

RocketFistMooga

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat Sport Powerboost.
Ok it finally happened to me. Driving down the road after looking at Christmas lights with my family. I go to turn the radio on the listen to Christmas music and BAAAM!!!!! A static explosion through the speakers then a clicking sound. It was deafening. My wife screamed. Baby cried. It was terrible. Pulled off the road after almost crashing. Turned truck off then back on and the clicking went away. Drove the rest of the way home in fear. Ok guys……what do I do?

Nasto

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew
Ok it finally happened to me. Driving down the road after looking at Christmas lights with my family. I go to turn the radio on the listen to Christmas music and BAAAM!!!!! A static explosion through the speakers then a clicking sound. It was deafening. My wife screamed. Baby cried. It was terrible. Pulled off the road after almost crashing. Turned truck off then back on and the clicking went away. Drove the rest of the way home in fear. Ok guys……what do I do?
Ask your dealer to flash your system with this update.

Ford F-150 Dangerous B&O sound system issue 2023-12-23_18-44-17

m_bt54

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
IT Director
Ask your dealer to flash your system with this update.

2023-12-23_18-44-17.jpg
I only had the issue once. My dealer applied this update a few days later and I haven’t had it happen again.

Severdog

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT Sport PB SuperCrew 6.5' 7.2Kw
Occupation
Trader
I just got it for the first time last night. Was about 2 minutes into a drive and it sounded like an M60 machine gun going off in the cab. Super loud and piercing.

After I was able to clear it there was no volume control (stayed on zero) for the rest of that trip. Re-starting the truck still showed the same issue with volume control until I selected a different audio input.
Sponsored