2021 F150 platinum hybrid B&O sound system

atc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 platinum hybrid
Occupation
sales
Sorry I'm not brand loyal, always buying and trading.
But having come from two gm trucks in a row 2021 1500 LTZ and a 2200 gmc 2500 denali gasser with the bose sound. I am thoroughly disappointed in these B&O unleashed system. I thought it was maybe my bluetooth from my phone but then tried XM but same thing. Am I missing something?
My only other gripe is I think the camera system is better in the GM, despite the smaller screen but the GM also has my favorite feature I didn't know i needed the rear view camera mirror.
But with that out of the way I am thoroughly enjoying the seating of the f150, mileage and power of the powerboost.
I only ordered the 2500 gasser as I was needing the 6.5' box and at the time it was quicker to order a 2500 vs the 1500. And when I did gas was only $1.05 a liter. But it ended up taking 8 mths and switched from a 2021 to a 2022. Of course when it arrived gas was now $1.45 a liter lol. But the gm dealer still honored the great price we originally discussed. So I went ahead with it. I was hoping to squeeze 14.5 L/100km out of it but no the 4000km I owned I was getting 16.7 L/100km.
Then I came across a 2021 platinum crew 6.5 box powerboost and decided to jump ship. Got a pretty good discount on the ford. and got full msrp for my denali on trade. And one heck of a lot better on fuel lol. So far 9.9 L/100km but a less then stellar stereo lol.
Sponsored

chill_will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost F150 Platinum 4x4
Occupation
Engineer
Sorry I'm not brand loyal, always buying and trading.
But having come from two gm trucks in a row 2021 1500 LTZ and a 2200 gmc 2500 denali gasser with the bose sound. I am thoroughly disappointed in these B&O unleashed system. I thought it was maybe my bluetooth from my phone but then tried XM but same thing. Am I missing something?
My only other gripe is I think the camera system is better in the GM, despite the smaller screen but the GM also has my favorite feature I didn't know i needed the rear view camera mirror.
But with that out of the way I am thoroughly enjoying the seating of the f150, mileage and power of the powerboost.
I only ordered the 2500 gasser as I was needing the 6.5' box and at the time it was quicker to order a 2500 vs the 1500. And when I did gas was only $1.05 a liter. But it ended up taking 8 mths and switched from a 2021 to a 2022. Of course when it arrived gas was now $1.45 a liter lol. But the gm dealer still honored the great price we originally discussed. So I went ahead with it. I was hoping to squeeze 14.5 L/100km out of it but no the 4000km I owned I was getting 16.7 L/100km.
Then I came across a 2021 platinum crew 6.5 box powerboost and decided to jump ship. Got a pretty good discount on the ford. and got full msrp for my denali on trade. And one heck of a lot better on fuel lol. So far 9.9 L/100km but a less then stellar stereo lol.
1. Set sound setting to surround
2. Tune bass, mid, and treble to liking
3. Adjust fade to just behind front seats (really brings out the headrest speakers for me)
4. If you have an iPhone, make sure sound check is off in music settings.

I can’t speak for the recent gm sound systems but I have been really impressed with my platinum bo unleashed sound. Incredible bass and crispy highs. I listen to my music loud and have never needed to go above 15. If you have to then something is wrong with your setup.

Reactions: atc

SteveP150

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost
I guess it's all about prior experience and expectations. I'm coming from a mid-range stock Toyota system on a 4Runner. The B&O Unleashed sounds a lot better than that.
It's also better than prior mid-range BMW systems I've experienced.
OTOH, if you're coming from a good custom system, it's probably not there. It's only a $700 option on my 502A Lariat. That's A LOT less than one sinks into most custom systems.
Similarly, if you mostly listen to a lot of bass heavy hiphop, and you've previously had big and powerful subwoofers, it's probably not going to get there either.

OP
OP

atc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
sales
I guess it's all about prior experience and expectations. I'm coming from a mid-range stock Toyota system on a 4Runner. The B&O Unleashed sounds a lot better than that.
It's also better than prior mid-range BMW systems I've experienced.
OTOH, if you're coming from a good custom system, it's probably not there. It's only a $700 option on my 502A Lariat. That's A LOT less than one sinks into most custom systems.
Similarly, if you mostly listen to a lot of bass heavy hiphop, and you've previously had big and powerful subwoofers, it's probably not going to get there either.
I have had a few lol including a ram with their 19 speaker set-up, which I would say is comparable with this B&O. But I will say the ram with my android was on par but with my kids apple it seem to wake it up a bit. We had a 2019 F150 and added the kicker sub acc. which wasn't too bad. But so far in my preference the more simple Bose system seems to out do this systems with twice the speakers. Not a deal breaker might save my hearing a bit

Spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4
1. Set sound setting to surround
2. Tune bass, mid, and treble to liking
3. Adjust fade to just behind front seats (really brings out the headrest speakers for me)
4. If you have an iPhone, make sure sound check is off in music settings.

I can’t speak for the recent gm sound systems but I have been really impressed with my platinum bo unleashed sound. Incredible bass and crispy highs. I listen to my music loud and have never needed to go above 15. If you have to then something is wrong with your setup.
How do you have your bass, mid and treble set? How many 'notches' below or above middle (default) ?

Sponsored

chill_will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost F150 Platinum 4x4
Occupation
Engineer
How do you have your bass, mid and treble set? How many 'notches' below or above middle (default) ?
I personally enjoy bass so I have mine all the way up. Mid is a few notches above middle and treble is about 3/4 to the end. It sounds perfect to me which matters most lol. The low end bass hits hard and I haven’t noticed any unwanted rattling or buzzing. Highs are crisp without being too sharp and the mids and vocals are clear. I have a playlist with all genres and the settings handle them all well.

OP
OP

atc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
sales
The adjustment definitely helped. I moved mine more to the center of front seat backs. As I was getting distorting above my head. I have base and treble a few notches up.
I found max volume doesn't really do justice.
Still having some withdrawals from my gm bose system. But my main withdrawal is from the GM camera system. The ford doesnt hold a candle even in this platinum trim.
But aside from 4wd quit working for a few days all else good.
Sponsored