Sponsored

Cobb Accessport incoming

Grayson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Waiting
I've used an Accessport on all sorts of builds over the past 13 years but I just can't support them anymore after putting multiple kits/parts on sale and then pulling the plug on support because of the EPA.

Accessport is an awesome product though. Get a pro-tune and review please!

OP
OP
Doyouevenboost

Doyouevenboost

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Subaru, 21 f150 502a ecoboost
Occupation
Utility maintenance worker
I've used an Accessport on all sorts of builds over the past 13 years but I just can't support them anymore after putting multiple kits/parts on sale and then pulling the plug on support because of the EPA.

Accessport is an awesome product though. Get a pro-tune and review please!
I’m aware of the epa crackdown issues, but I’m just not in love with “the other guys” i don’t want to be limited having to unplug my ECU each time I want to swap a tune. I’m also not in love with sending COBB my ECU, but COBB seems to be the best tasting poison, especially with company’s like Goosetuned providing such such quality pro tunes.

RickBullotta

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
I'm super happy with the Cobb tune on my Macan, and it is also EPA certified. Added a ton of mid-range grunt. Doesn't overly stress the motor (Stage 1, 93 octane tune). No need to pull the ECU which I liked also. Plus great support. I didn't know they had a tune for my truck too! I may have to look into it.

Sponsored

phyber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT PowerBoost
I loved my Cobb AP on my Focus ST. Got a custom e-tune loaded and it was great!

I wondered if this would happen with the EcoBoost 3.5's...more specifically the PowerBoosts. Maybe a "force electric" driving mode at first startup or manual selection?

nomarhits400

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Poweboost
Occupation
Analytical Chemist
I loved my Cobb AP on my Focus ST. Got a custom e-tune loaded and it was great!

I wondered if this would happen with the EcoBoost 3.5's...more specifically the PowerBoosts. Maybe a "force electric" driving mode at first startup or manual selection?
It looks like the Cobb Tune is for the 3.5 EcoBoost only- is that correct? Does anyone know if they are working on a tune for the Powerboost? I have a lot experience with Cobb on my older BMW 335i- and was pleased with the ease of applying the tune/switching maps and the different maps they offered for various fuel types.

skiteton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat PB | 2022 Explorer ST
I emailed Cobb a few months ago and asked about an Accessport for our ST or the Powerboost. The rep told me that they are too wrapped up with other projects to pursue anything else.

Maybe they could be convinced if enough interest was shown from the PB community.

I had a lot of good times in a WRX with a tune from Cobb. I'd love to have a Cobb tune for either the PB or ST!

OP
OP
Doyouevenboost

Doyouevenboost

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Subaru, 21 f150 502a ecoboost
Occupation
Utility maintenance worker
I'm super happy with the Cobb tune on my Macan, and it is also EPA certified. Added a ton of mid-range grunt. Doesn't overly stress the motor (Stage 1, 93 octane tune). No need to pull the ECU which I liked also. Plus great support. I didn't know they had a tune for my truck too! I may have to look into it.
With the accessport for our trucks, you now need to send them your ecu.

Sponsored

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
With the accessport for our trucks, you now need to send them your ecu.
And that's why I am waiting for Tori at Unleashed to get a tune out once SCT cracks the encryption. My hope is my BDX unit will be compatible.

Csu87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 3.5 EB Lariat. 2021 G70 3.3
And that's why I am waiting for Tori at Unleashed to get a tune out once SCT cracks the encryption. My hope is my BDX unit will be compatible.
SCT already has their units out. Mine will be here Wednesday from 5star. Unfortunately, looks like you still need to go the Livernois route of flashing directly to the ecu and not through the OBD

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
SCT already has their units out. Mine will be here Wednesday from 5star. Unfortunately, looks like you still need to go the Livernois route of flashing directly to the ecu and not through the OBD
If that's the case, I may sell the BDX unit to the guys on the 5G ranger forum. But I am fairly certain the BDX is the upgraded version of the x4 that allows for cloud updating where the X4 requires a connection to a PC. I might send an email to 5 Star and see what they say.

The only real reason I'd flash the PB is for the better transmission tables that Tori would release. Have no complaint on the power this thing has so I'd keep it on the 87 octane.
Sponsored

Last edited: