First Name
MATT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 502A PowerBoost 22 Camry AWD XSE 97 Cobra
Occupation
INSPECTOR
I've never seen Cobb to be anything other than overpriced trash.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Doyouevenboost

Doyouevenboost

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Subaru, 21 f150 502a ecoboost
Occupation
Utility maintenance worker
Maybe you could recommend something better, that is pro tune capable, and doesn’t involve unplugging the ecu each time you flash it?

….. I’ll wait…..

diambo4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Screw 4x4
Occupation
Assassin
I've used an Accessport on all sorts of builds over the past 13 years but I just can't support them anymore after putting multiple kits/parts on sale and then pulling the plug on support because of the EPA.

Accessport is an awesome product though. Get a pro-tune and review please!
This is such an unfair assessment. No? You prefer them to get fined to oblivion and go out of business or even worse, face jail time for flouting federal emissions laws? The performance tuners are not the problem here.....

Grayson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Waiting
This is such an unfair assessment. No? You prefer them to get fined to oblivion and go out of business or even worse, face jail time for flouting federal emissions laws? The performance tuners are not the problem here.....
No, it's not unfair. I understand the Clean Air Act and EPA regulations. Cobb knowingly sold all non compliant parts & packages on sale and pushed them hard across social media to sell out inventory knowing they had a stop sale date.

Cobb then announced they would not support these products out of the blue via tuning by disabling parameters like flex fuel for example for OTS maps or pro tuners.

They didn't have a choice in EPA compliance but they did have a choice on how to implement that change

Sponsored

OP
OP
Doyouevenboost

Doyouevenboost

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I’ve received my empty box from Cobb 😂, placed my ECU into the empty box, and the box is now in the hands of UPS, hoping to get it back with the accessport by Saturday.

diambo4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Screw 4x4
Occupation
Assassin
I’ve received my empty box from Cobb 😂, placed my ECU into the empty box, and the box is now in the hands of UPS, hoping to get it back with the accessport by Saturday.
V8 tuning capability available?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
The only real reason I'd flash the PB is for the better transmission tables that Tori would release. Have no complaint on the power this thing has so I'd keep it on the 87 octane.
Do you have the latest pcm updates on your Powerboost?

I ask because this being my 3rd daily truck with the 10r80, and although my 2018 shifted a little better (tuned by Matt at GearHead), this 2022 at 10,000 miles is so much better than the 2018, 2021, and this 2022 was when I got it.

It even rarely skips 2nd gear in Normal mode now. Maybe I got lucky and just got a really good one this time? Possibly, but it's had 2 pcm updates, with the second one very recently, and now with a 1000 miles on it, it's so much better.

Icecoldak

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F-150 Limited
Yea whatever--one of the best tuners out there----then get Goosetune to nail it to your truck, gains are Massive!!! what do you have? WAITING

Sponsored

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Do you have the latest pcm updates on your Powerboost?

I ask because this being my 3rd daily truck with the 10r80, and although my 2018 shifted a little better (tuned by Matt at GearHead), this 2022 at 10,000 miles is so much better than the 2018, 2021, and this 2022 was when I got it.

It even rarely skips 2nd gear in Normal mode now. Maybe I got lucky and just got a really good one this time? Possibly, but it's had 2 pcm updates, with the second one very recently, and now with a 1000 miles on it, it's so much better.
Probably not. The only time it won't skip 2nd is if I have it in sport or towing otherwise it refuses to use 2nd. The shift is relatively smooth so no complaints there, but I just miss the shift strategy like the Ranger had with the tune. Smooth as silk, and hit every gear under light throttle and would light up 2nd and 3rd if you rhomped on it.

Icecoldak

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F-150 Limited
Its made to skip gears when not in sport mode and casual driving---it skips many gears if you watch it!! Mine skips 2nd most al the time. IF you end up getting tuned then it will not skip gears for the most part

TheGoatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 powerboost
Probably not. The only time it won't skip 2nd is if I have it in sport or towing otherwise it refuses to use 2nd. The shift is relatively smooth so no complaints there, but I just miss the shift strategy like the Ranger had with the tune. Smooth as silk, and hit every gear under light throttle and would light up 2nd and 3rd if you rhomped on it.
IMO it would be good to get that done before the tune.

JoeSTi

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 3.5EB
Any updates on this? I just purchased through goosetune and am going to be sending my ecu to cobb in a few days.

OP
OP
Doyouevenboost

Doyouevenboost

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Any updates on this? I just purchased through goosetune and am going to be sending my ecu to cobb in a few days.
Dang I forgot all about this!
I had a few hiccups in the beginning with the truck getting put into limp mode, when I had an off the shelf tune loaded. Cobb sent a revised tune and have had no issues since. I love the fact that I can connect my Fishhouse/RV and change to a tow tune in minutes without having to mess around with my ecu. The stg 2 93 performance tune is wild!
Ford F-150 Cobb Accessport incoming 7271F128-5E5A-4D61-BEAA-21A983A46A33
Sponsored