First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 EB FX4
Occupation
Retired Law Enforcement
If your truck has been built, that is somewhat positive news. The latest reports are that plants are drastically cutting shifts with some shutdowns too. Lots of people's ETA dates have flipped to TBD.
My ETA just got extended so I think they are waiting for parts. In a state where truck production has slowed, how difficult is it to ship a finished truck when the number of finished trucks are down. Just does not make sense. Oh well, soon be time to order a 2022 Toyota Tundra.

Brent

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 EB FX4
Occupation
Retired Law Enforcement
A while ago I posted what I determined were the stages from order to delivery. This was based on my own questions to my dealer & info on this site. You can read that here https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/hello-from-the-great-white-north.1056/post-29939
There is also a forum thread that outlines the steps, that is better than mine, but I don't have a link to it.

Based on what I see, I believe your truck has been assembled (i.e. off the assembly line), but is waiting to be completed. This could because of something like a spray-in bed liner, which gets sent off the plant production site to be done, (in past this caused delays, not sure now) or some other item that Ford can add after initial assembly. I suggest you ask your dealer for the detailed status history. An alternative to post a request to user 'Pioneer' with your vin and ask for the report. It is a different Ford user community site than this one. There was a posting with link in this thread. I have not used this method, so not sure the process, but my understanding is that Pioneer is a Ford employee or works at a dealership and has access to the same status history report your dealer does.

The dealer also gets a report on delayed items. You could ask the dealer for that and see if your truck has any items in the build that are delayed / backordered.
Thanks for the information, no spray in bed liner (but that would not take long anyway), but I do have max towing and wheel liners on the order and I heard they were sometimes delaying things. Soon time to move on, I have a trailer to move on May 1st and I need the truck before then to set it up or no sense getting it. 2022 orders before too long!

Dixie

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 4x4, 2013 Subaru BRZ
I put my name on an incoming unit that was due to land March 27th. It’s been pushed back 4 times and now sits as April 28. It’s sitting in “awaiting shipping” status. I got fed up with waiting and my dealer was good enough to source one on ground at another dealer. It’s a 502a lariat; I’m giving up unleashed but gaining 360 cam, spray in liner, and 3.73 gears.
Not the dealers fault at all, but they went above and beyond to figure this out for me on short notice. Thumbs up to birchwood Ford in Winnipeg

blind56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 2.7EB, 2016 WRX
Phew.
Truck was built on March 27 and sent to the body shop the same day. Came back from the body shop and got final release on the 28th. Tracker says I'm waiting for shipping, but the palsapp tracker updated this morning and my truck got sent to Richards Gebaur on the 30th, so hopefully that means it'll be on a train soon. Seems like I just snuck in under the bar with all the shutdowns that are coming.

Sponsored

My1stF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Lariat velocity blue, 2.7 FX4 sport
Getting from KC to Montreal in to days certainly is possible. Trains run 24/7. It would really depend how many times it needed to be resorted to a different train along the way.
I prefer to think of it as giving hope :)
Hope you get your truck soon.
No such luck. It's moving through Iowa as of this posting though. But thanks for the positive vibe. :)

Sgtslaughter

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 King Ranch
Phew.
Truck was built on March 27 and sent to the body shop the same day. Came back from the body shop and got final release on the 28th. Tracker says I'm waiting for shipping, but the palsapp tracker updated this morning and my truck got sent to Richards Gebaur on the 30th, so hopefully that means it'll be on a train soon. Seems like I just snuck in under the bar with all the shutdowns that are coming.
KC truck?

Luigi

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
My ETA just got extended so I think they are waiting for parts. In a state where truck production has slowed, how difficult is it to ship a finished truck when the number of finished trucks are down. Just does not make sense. Oh well, soon be time to order a 2022 Toyota Tundra.
I am talking to a dealer out here in BC and I am being told Hybrids are expected to arrive LATE 2021. At this point I am debating just not ordering anything. Same reason as you, the Tundra is coming and I am interested to see what it will bring to the table.

I bought a new trailer and its supposed to arrive in a couple months but I plan to rent a 3/4 ton from enterprise to bring the trailer to my Cabin to use there for the summer months and store it. I was hoping to have something by mid summer but that looks like its not gonna happen.

AH well!

Mash150

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 King Ranch, 157, SQ , PB
Occupation
Unskilled House Mechanic
I am talking to a dealer out here in BC and I am being told Hybrids are expected to arrive LATE 2021. At this point I am debating just not ordering anything. Same reason as you, the Tundra is coming and I am interested to see what it will bring to the table.

I bought a new trailer and its supposed to arrive in a couple months but I plan to rent a 3/4 ton from enterprise to bring the trailer to my Cabin to use there for the summer months and store it. I was hoping to have something by mid summer but that looks like its not gonna happen.

AH well!
You could order a 22 by then.

Sponsored

Brent

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 EB FX4
Occupation
Retired Law Enforcement

AH well!
I am in the same boat, I have a trailer to move to a seasonal site, but if they cannot deliver the truck in time I guess I will rent a truck, move the trailer, then why by a 2021 late in the year when 2022's are almost ready to come out. Never mind a chance to look at the new Toyota Tundra. I think Ford is losing traction, if they don't sweeten the pot, why would you?

Whtmale49

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Courier
Update on my truck:
Order Date 19/12/20
Build Date 01/03
Ship Date (KC) 04/03
ETA End Date: 01/04
Deal called me today, landed 24/03 (Uxbridge)
20210324_185215.jpg
How much where those tires? The original ones did you sell them yet?

Luigi

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
I am in the same boat, I have a trailer to move to a seasonal site, but if they cannot deliver the truck in time I guess I will rent a truck, move the trailer, then why by a 2021 late in the year when 2022's are almost ready to come out. Never mind a chance to look at the new Toyota Tundra. I think Ford is losing traction, if they don't sweeten the pot, why would you?
Exactly , begs the question tho.... if you wait, how long will then have to wait still? If you buy now at least you know its coming sometime this year and not in 2022.

I honestly don't think I will. I was excited to do so but I really want to see what Toyota brings to the table.

Margo17

First Name
Sandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 King Ranch
well, I ordered in Nov, was built on Feb 17, and still is waiting to ship. Went on our local ford dealer sites and found 3 exact builds delivered and they were done on March 10 and 11, all of these delivered 12 days after the build. I asked the dealership and I have a great relationship with them as we buy all of our company vehicles there and all of the people involved referred to the parts shortage and they really believe that. I send them all of the window stickers showing the exact same options and model and copy the order report from here and they are still going with the part shortage or rail problem. One of the 3 trucks is exactly the same color so I asked them to inquire about that truck and bring it in for me. The other weird fact is it is only 3kms away LOL.

I was being patient but now I am pissed because as the customer, I am more informed than they are. As an owner of a business, my employees should be more informed than any of my customers, that is what we get paid for by our customers! Our company has bought for the last 7 months 1 or 2 vehicles a month and of course, the one I really want is the one I really want (laughing).

In summary, Ford and their manufacturing are not being completely transparent here but also the dealers either don't have a clear channel to get the truth, and/or the dealership does not have the fortitude to get the truth. When asked to fill out the all-important (how did we do survey) well that is going to definitely be filled out but not the way they want it to be.

cheers,

Gman73

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger, 2021 Ford F-150 on order
Occupation
Facilities Manager
well, I ordered in Nov, was built on Feb 17, and still is waiting to ship. Went on our local ford dealer sites and found 3 exact builds delivered and they were done on March 10 and 11, all of these delivered 12 days after the build. I asked the dealership and I have a great relationship with them as we buy all of our company vehicles there and all of the people involved referred to the parts shortage and they really believe that. I send them all of the window stickers showing the exact same options and model and copy the order report from here and they are still going with the part shortage or rail problem. One of the 3 trucks is exactly the same color so I asked them to inquire about that truck and bring it in for me. The other weird fact is it is only 3kms away LOL.

I was being patient but now I am pissed because as the customer, I am more informed than they are. As an owner of a business, my employees should be more informed than any of my customers, that is what we get paid for by our customers! Our company has bought for the last 7 months 1 or 2 vehicles a month and of course, the one I really want is the one I really want (laughing).

In summary, Ford and their manufacturing are not being completely transparent here but also the dealers either don't have a clear channel to get the truth, and/or the dealership does not have the fortitude to get the truth. When asked to fill out the all-important (how did we do survey) well that is going to definitely be filled out but not the way they want it to be.

cheers,
I am with you on that. If I decide to keep my order, which I am now wavering on. The survey, google and social media’s reviews for the dealership and Ford will be less than stellar. I have got little to no information I couldn’t already get on my own and most times I had more information than my dealership did. From the dealership who was never honest about their allocation and that it would take nearly 3 months to even get my order accepted to the the now vast parts shortages that have had my truck stuck in Ramp 59 hell in Michigan for a month. This may be my last Ford if I even take delivery, going to look at a Dodge Ram on Monday as a backup. Overall the lack of transparency from the dealer on through to Ford corporate has left a bad taste in my mouth and I was a loyal Ford guy this would have been vehicle #9 with them, this 5 months of waiting has worn that loyalty to almost nothing.
Sponsored