Sponsored

Does anyone know if special ordered vehicles get built first or last?

Dewayne

First Name
Dewayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 f150 2020 BMW X5
Occupation
Retired
I ordered my F150 February 3, 2021, tracking says it is in production. Does anyone know if special ordered vehicles get Built first or last?
Sponsored

Crazyred444

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1986 Mustang Gt, 2008 FLHRSE4, 2018 Flex
Occupation
Engineer
The theory is first and currently those vehicles order for a customer and properly entered into system will and do have priority over retail orders for dealer lots, however with the current chip shortage.......all bets are off......My truck ordered 1/25/2021, built 4/29/2021 and as of today has an estimated dealer delivery of 8/28/2021.....collecting dust on a lot in Dearborn....awaiting chips and final checks.....good luck to all. We are about to find ourselves in a big old mess, with layoff's and a bunch of extremely unfriendly people when the dust settles as Factory's, suppliers, support and more are going to be unemployed, i.e. no money to buy goods, which will effect supply and demand across the board and a bad situation is about to get worse.....empty dealer lots, closed businesses and the story will build from there. Just a view point, till someone waves a magic wand or just maybe get's there head out of there ass....

OCDoug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150, focus, corolla
Occupation
Software Engineer
I ordered my F150 February 3, 2021, tracking says it is in production. Does anyone know if special ordered vehicles get Built first or last?
Retail orders are supposed to have priority over stock orders. But like Crazy said, it's a huge mess right now. Particularly if you were built at Dearborn from mid March to late April. Most of our trucks went into storage lots to wait on chips and never came back out. If you have a May or later build date at Dearborn, you have a much better shot at getting your order in a reasonable amount of time. At least given the tracking data that's been shared across the various forum threads. I haven't kept up with KC at all though.

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
My guess is that they probably wont accept additional stock orders until the retail order backlog is caught up but if a stock order is already in the system with a vin issued they will probably fill it. So from our perspective it will still just be a mix then at some point maybe a brief stream of just retail.

OP
OP

Dewayne

First Name
Dewayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 f150 2020 BMW X5
Occupation
Retired
Just a quick update, sales person said my order vehicle as of today is in Tennessee still on transport headed to Louisiana. I have a delivery date of 6/9/21. Wish me luck

Sponsored

OP
OP

Dewayne

First Name
Dewayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 f150 2020 BMW X5
Occupation
Retired
Retail orders are supposed to have priority over stock orders. But like Crazy said, it's a huge mess right now. Particularly if you were built at Dearborn from mid March to late April. Most of our trucks went into storage lots to wait on chips and never came back out. If you have a May or later build date at Dearborn, you have a much better shot at getting your order in a reasonable amount of time. At least given the tracking data that's been shared across the various forum threads. I haven't kept up with KC at all though.
Just a quick update, sales person said my order vehicle as of today is in Tennessee still on transport headed to Louisiana. I have a delivery date of 6/9/21. Wish me luck

OCDoug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150, focus, corolla
Occupation
Software Engineer
Congrats and good luck. When you get your truck, I'll take any extra luck you have leftover for my 12/10/2020 order... current ETA 10/31.
Sponsored