2023 shipping delays is this normal ? My first ever ordered vehicle

Jeff1121

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 F350
Ordered 2023 f 150 11/28/22. Single cab / 5.0 / XLT / 2 wheel drive / no add on accessories like a spray in bedliner. Ford employee able to track progress of vehicle build that I originally thought would be interesting. Truck built in Kansas City on 2/7/23. Truck shipped Norfolk Southern railroad in mid March arrived in KY at rail yard within 45 miles of dealership 3/24/23. Currently waiting for delivery to dealership by car hauling trucking carrier. Is shipping a vehicle always this slow? Understand build supply chain issues, the shipping time seems slow. Is this normal? Following build on computer at work now seems more like misery than helpful. As truck supply at dealerships increase would consider a 500 mile search and catch a flight and drive it home and do the 5.0 break in if I do this again. Anyone else experienced this?

Ford F-150 2023 shipping delays is this normal ? My first ever ordered vehicle Screenshot_20221128_223040_Chrome
Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
The range of how efficient and inefficient the delivery time varies is amazing!

Mine beat Ford's estimate by 2 weeks.
Stunned my dealership. Especially the fact that it didn't sit in the rail yard for even 2 day.

2 weeks to a month was what they expected before a truck would grab it.

OP
OP

Jeff1121

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 F350
The range of how efficient and inefficient the delivery time varies is amazing!

Mine beat Ford's estimate by 2 weeks.
Stunned my dealership. Especially the fact that it didn't sit in the rail yard for even 2 day.

2 weeks to a month was what they expected before a truck would grab it.
Thanks

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
The big issue in shipping in that it is not first in first out. You will have cars/trucks going to the same dealer from the same yard with the newer trucks getting picked first. It is very random. But you are in the home stretch now. Might just need a few more trucks for that dealer to show up to make the haul more attractive.

C_Harris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 SQ King Ranch
Occupation
Health Care
My truck was ordered Jan '22 and picked up Nov '22. Your timeline seems good compared to mine.
Sponsored