First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 Ford Explorers
Occupation
Engineer
My window sticker showed up today! Shows a blend date of April 9th. My dealer and Ford Canada say my truck is in transit so I’m still confused, has it been built or hasn’t it?
Congratulations to you, @egap69!

My window sticker showed up today too! ‘Looks like we both have a Blend Date of April 9th. As I understand it, that’s when are trucks are to be built, so there’s nothing in-transit yet. I believe your dealer was mistaken.

Still, there’s lots to be excited about - Ford will be building our trucks next week! ??
Sponsored

Brent

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 EB FX4
Occupation
Retired Law Enforcement
ANOTHER UNHAPPY CUSTOMER- LATE DELIVERY
Can anyone give me a realistic idea when/if my truck will be delivered, my Ford dealership/salesperson do not provide feedback unless I ask and I do not believe it is factual.
I ordered Lariat SB FX4 Max Towing, wheel liners, in late December and finally received a VIN# and then determined my Order # thanks to the forum, but the information on the tracker is incomplete and confusing.

Apparently my truck was build March 9 but it is apparently sitting in Kansas City, I suspect it is sitting waiting for parts. There is no transit date, there is no shipping date, there was an estimated end date of April 21, but today that has changed to May 5. With all the nonsense other purchasers have had, I am starting to lose hope in Ford's ability to get this done.

Just trying to have a good understanding before I pull the plug and demand my deposit back, I can not wait for an unknown level of customer service.

VIN # 1FTFW1E87MKD52015 ORDER# E001

Good luck to those waiting but beware, they like to change dates and not tell you what is going on.

Gman73

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger, 2021 Ford F-150 on order
Occupation
Facilities Manager
Can anyone give me a realistic idea when/if my truck will be delivered, my Ford dealership/salesperson do not provide feedback unless I ask and I do not believe it is factual.
I ordered Lariat SB FX4 Max Towing, wheel liners, in late December and finally received a VIN# and then determined my Order # thanks to the forum, but the information on the tracker is incomplete and confusing.

Apparently my truck was build March 9 but it is apparently sitting in Kansas City, I suspect it is sitting waiting for parts. There is no transit date, there is no shipping date, there was an estimated end date of April 21, but today that has changed to May 5. With all the nonsense other purchasers have had, I am starting to lose hope in Ford's ability to get this done.

Just trying to have a good understanding before I pull the plug and demand my deposit back, I can not wait for an unknown level of customer service.

Good luck to those waiting but beware, they like to change dates and not tell you what is going on.
I ordered mine in Nov got VIN in Feb, was supposedly built on March 8th and now sits in TBD status with no indication of when it will be delivered.

Also dealer and Ford cant give me any answers, I have contacted both my dealer and Ford Customer relations and all you get are i'm sorry, and a bunch of canned responses.

Yep, my end date went from March 23rd, to April 20th to now TBD

Brent

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 EB FX4
Occupation
Retired Law Enforcement
I ordered mine in Nov got VIN in Feb, was supposedly built on March 8th and now sits in TBD status with no indication of when it will be delivered.

Also dealer and Ford cant give me any answers, I have contacted both my dealer and Ford Customer relations and all you get are i'm sorry, and a bunch of canned responses.

Yep, my end date went from March 23rd, to April 20th to now TBD
Sorry to hear that, I have been hoping for some good news but it doesn't seem to be coming. This would be my first Ford, and although I like the idea of the new Ford F150 on paper, things are not looking good and I may never be a Ford owner moving forward.

Good luck!

My1stF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Lariat velocity blue, 2.7 FX4 sport

Unfortunately with the latest chip shortage, there could be even more delays. Mine took a month before it shipped but I never got an answer as to why it was sitting around so long after being built. I even avoided stuff like spray bedliner, work surface and other options that were supposedly causing delays. I opened a case with Ford Canada and got no more info than I was able to gather myself from the forums. Haven't heard from them since they contacted me saying "we're closely monitoring your truck". And it doesn't appear Ford prioritizes special orders over retail orders so you are at their mercy as to when they will complete your truck.

Sponsored

Brent

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 EB FX4
Occupation
Retired Law Enforcement
Unfortunately with the latest chip shortage, there could be even more delays. Mine took a month before it shipped but I never got an answer as to why it was sitting around so long after being built. I even avoided stuff like spray bedliner, work surface and other options that were supposedly causing delays. I opened a case with Ford Canada and got no more info than I was able to gather myself from the forums. Haven't heard from them since they contacted me saying "we're closely monitoring your truck". And it doesn't appear Ford prioritizes special orders over retail orders so you are at their mercy as to when they will complete your truck.
Thanks for the feedback, I was hoping for some positive news but it seems that is not likely to happen.

Camptruck

First Name
Linus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Volt, 2021 F-150 XLT Velocity Blue
Occupation
Project Manager
Trying to get order details on this site

https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/

Sadly I cant work out the 'Customers Order Number'

I've got the window sticker, can I find it anywhere on that? Any other ideas?

Cheers
The order number is on the SPECIAL ORDER line. It is the 4 characters after the dash in the item #. However, that site only works for US orders. You can use the tracker on this site. See the "Tracker" menu item at the top of the page.

Camptruck

First Name
Linus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Project Manager
Trying to get order details on this site

https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/

Sadly I cant work out the 'Customers Order Number'

I've got the window sticker, can I find it anywhere on that? Any other ideas?

Cheers
That site only works for US orders.
So there has been some movement with my truck. Here is the update I got from Pioneer which lines up with the Ford tracker on this site:

screenshot_20210330_164150_chrome_18afc1cf8560683101f88d0369e43c4f23398a66.jpg

I managed to track the truck through Palsapp last week which showed it being transported from the KC plant to the railyard on 3/23 with 6 other trucks destined for Canada. Ford tracker shows that shipment date was 3/28.

I called the CPR line (1-888-999-8111) to track my truck by the railcar # and it says "interchange delivery to the Montreal Saint Luc yard March 25". There's no way that it could be in Montreal already, right? I know that Ford tracker can be off sometimes but doesn't seem plausible that it made it from KC to Montreal in 2 days. Don't know what info to believe these days. But at least it's some movement.
Getting from KC to Montreal in to days certainly is possible. Trains run 24/7. It would really depend how many times it needed to be resorted to a different train along the way.

Brent

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 EB FX4
Occupation
Retired Law Enforcement
The order number is on the SPECIAL ORDER line. It is the 4 characters after the dash in the item #. However, that site only works for US orders. You can use the tracker on this site. See the "Tracker" menu item at the top of the page.
My order number is E001, so you can compare to sticker
Ford F-150 Canadian Vehicles Ordered/Delays/Delivery Dates 1617232792920

Brent

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 EB FX4
Occupation
Retired Law Enforcement
1617232792920.png
use the tracker at the top of this forum home page, not sure how accurate it is but it does work for Canada purchases if you have VIN and order#

Sponsored

My1stF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Getting from KC to Montreal in to days certainly is possible. Trains run 24/7. It would really depend how many times it needed to be resorted to a different train along the way.
Now you are just teasing me. ?

My1stF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks for the feedback, I was hoping for some positive news but it seems that is not likely to happen.
If your truck has been built, that is somewhat positive news. The latest reports are that plants are drastically cutting shifts with some shutdowns too. Lots of people's ETA dates have flipped to TBD.

Camptruck

First Name
Linus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Project Manager
1617232792920.png
A while ago I posted what I determined were the stages from order to delivery. This was based on my own questions to my dealer & info on this site. You can read that here https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/hello-from-the-great-white-north.1056/post-29939
There is also a forum thread that outlines the steps, that is better than mine, but I don't have a link to it.

Based on what I see, I believe your truck has been assembled (i.e. off the assembly line), but is waiting to be completed. This could because of something like a spray-in bed liner, which gets sent off the plant production site to be done, (in past this caused delays, not sure now) or some other item that Ford can add after initial assembly. I suggest you ask your dealer for the detailed status history. An alternative to post a request to user 'Pioneer' with your vin and ask for the report. It is a different Ford user community site than this one. There was a posting with link in this thread. I have not used this method, so not sure the process, but my understanding is that Pioneer is a Ford employee or works at a dealership and has access to the same status history report your dealer does.

The dealer also gets a report on delayed items. You could ask the dealer for that and see if your truck has any items in the build that are delayed / backordered.

Last edited:

Camptruck

First Name
Linus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Project Manager
use the tracker at the top of this forum home page, not sure how accurate it is but it does work for Canada purchases if you have VIN and order#
Unfortunately it is all we have in Canada. Having said that I have found it to be pretty accurate. There can be a delay in it being updated, but it showed that my truck had been delivered to the dealer before the dealer called me.
Sponsored