Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
When you say bad, what do you mean? Lol

My accord is approaching 15 years and I have a family now sedans won’t cut it anymore. We aren’t too keen on a minivan so we settled on a truck. Nothing outrageous in terms of specs and toys but something to get most of the jobs done.
A truck will definitely accommodate a lot more than a sedan and it just feels so much better in the seating area with all that space, a big plus for your family since you’ll feel much less cramped.

And as long as you got the 4H on, it feels a million times safer than an accord when there’s snow and ice on the roads. I’ve never had winter tires but with 4H on it kind of feels like it.
But never drive on winter roads that aren't dry. I’ve had a few surprises I wasn’t expecting from a vehicle of this size even when there was less than an inch of snow.

There’s a higher probability of having a bunch of these little issues that you find on the first year model and I’m sure you’ve read about on this forum but the one really bad thing that I’ve had to deal with since getting my current truck was the freezing door issue.

It can happen when it is -2° just as much as it would happen when it’s -20° outside. Sometimes the door won’t open so you will have to try all the doors and see which one will let you in. If the door does open, it won’t close once you’re in.
It can take anywhere from 10-40mins before it will decide to stay shut.
When I first got the truck I was commuting from Kitchener to Brampton for work and I literally drove for more than half an hour a few times holding the door shut with one hand.
if your driver door is open you can still drive and hold it shut, as unsafe as that sounds. But when it first started happening and I didn’t know much about it I once opened my back door to put a bag back there and the door wouldn’t close. I was late for work that day because I wasn’t going to drive 100 km with my rear door not shut, especially since my laptop was in that bag back there.
Letting it warm up for 20-30mins won’t do anything except burn your precious gas.

i’ve been to the dealership to have it fixed on 4-5 separate occasions and none of their solutions worked.
I just found out a few weeks ago that there is no fix for it. Ford purposely chose to use those door parts knowing the risk Because the amount of money they saved by using them was far too great compared to the percentage of these trucks sold in places where the weather can cause these problems.

I asked the guys on this forum if any of them have experienced it with their 2021 models and so far nothing. I do have a pretty good feel that they finally decided to fix this major problem after all the lawsuits but I wouldn’t be surprised if it will still happen in the future. This problem has been fairly persistent since 2011 so they’ve already missed a few model changes to correct it.

I’m sorry for such a long read on just one issue alone. There’s a bunch of other little ones like sometimes the truck will tell you to unplug your iPhone because It’s taking too much power.
When your truck arrives take all the time in the world to make sure everything works. Take it for a test drive. Have them show you the underbody. Once you sign and leave with the truck Eastcourt will not help you with anything. They might say they will but I’ve been there enough times to know that these guys aren’t it.
They got the best prices but that’s about it.

I wish you luck my friend. Hit me up anytime if you have any questions or need help with anything.
Sponsored

Dan

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Construction
Darn, should have ordered the tow mirrors.
You can still get the tow mirrors. I just didn't like Ford's new style mirrors. If you can't get from ford, you can get same mirrors aftermarket and there easy to install.

spetaa

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
n/a
My truck is on a railcar on its way to the dealer right now. Ordered middle of January built end of Feb and delivery in a couple weeks. 2.7L Lariat w/ Sunroof, FX4, Drop in liner, B&O Unleashed,

My1stF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Lariat velocity blue, 2.7 FX4 sport
My truck is on a railcar on its way to the dealer right now. Ordered middle of January built end of Feb and delivery in a couple weeks. 2.7L Lariat w/ Sunroof, FX4, Drop in liner, B&O Unleashed,
Which plant was your truck built at? Mine was produced Feb 23 at KC and still sitting in "In Production" status. Been waiting for it to ship. I got the drop in liner but not sure if that is done offsite.

ellnemm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Z4M roadster, 2019 Jetta, 2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Mine arrived at the dealership today Mar 04.
Ordered Oct 05, built Feb 02, transport started Feb 17.

Sponsored

spetaa

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
n/a
Which plant was your truck built at? Mine was produced Feb 23 at KC and still sitting in "In Production" status. Been waiting for it to ship. I got the drop in liner but not sure if that is done offsite.
Dearborn, fortunately. Drop in liner is an onsite component i believe.

Whtmale49

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Courier
When it travels by rail the window sticker says rail. The name covoy is quite confusing though
Wow they screwed up that date the truck actually arrived on Tuesday March 2nd. I picked it up this afternoon. Love the ride check it out.

Ford F-150 Canadian Vehicles Ordered/Delays/Delivery Dates 20210304_150407-01

Sponsored

Icbmredrat

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 XLT 4x4 Supercrew
A truck will definitely accommodate a lot more than a sedan and it just feels so much better in the seating area with all that space, a big plus for your family since you’ll feel much less cramped.

And as long as you got the 4H on, it feels a million times safer than an accord when there’s snow and ice on the roads. I’ve never had winter tires but with 4H on it kind of feels like it.
But never drive on winter roads that aren't dry. I’ve had a few surprises I wasn’t expecting from a vehicle of this size even when there was less than an inch of snow.

There’s a higher probability of having a bunch of these little issues that you find on the first year model and I’m sure you’ve read about on this forum but the one really bad thing that I’ve had to deal with since getting my current truck was the freezing door issue.

It can happen when it is -2° just as much as it would happen when it’s -20° outside. Sometimes the door won’t open so you will have to try all the doors and see which one will let you in. If the door does open, it won’t close once you’re in.
It can take anywhere from 10-40mins before it will decide to stay shut.
When I first got the truck I was commuting from Kitchener to Brampton for work and I literally drove for more than half an hour a few times holding the door shut with one hand.
if your driver door is open you can still drive and hold it shut, as unsafe as that sounds. But when it first started happening and I didn’t know much about it I once opened my back door to put a bag back there and the door wouldn’t close. I was late for work that day because I wasn’t going to drive 100 km with my rear door not shut, especially since my laptop was in that bag back there.
Letting it warm up for 20-30mins won’t do anything except burn your precious gas.

i’ve been to the dealership to have it fixed on 4-5 separate occasions and none of their solutions worked.
I just found out a few weeks ago that there is no fix for it. Ford purposely chose to use those door parts knowing the risk Because the amount of money they saved by using them was far too great compared to the percentage of these trucks sold in places where the weather can cause these problems.

I asked the guys on this forum if any of them have experienced it with their 2021 models and so far nothing. I do have a pretty good feel that they finally decided to fix this major problem after all the lawsuits but I wouldn’t be surprised if it will still happen in the future. This problem has been fairly persistent since 2011 so they’ve already missed a few model changes to correct it.

I’m sorry for such a long read on just one issue alone. There’s a bunch of other little ones like sometimes the truck will tell you to unplug your iPhone because It’s taking too much power.
When your truck arrives take all the time in the world to make sure everything works. Take it for a test drive. Have them show you the underbody. Once you sign and leave with the truck Eastcourt will not help you with anything. They might say they will but I’ve been there enough times to know that these guys aren’t it.
They got the best prices but that’s about it.

I wish you luck my friend. Hit me up anytime if you have any questions or need help with anything.
Thank you very much for the heads up. I already had an inclination that the dealer had the best price but would lack elsewhere.