Sponsored

Can BlueCruise be turned off or deactivated?

oneinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Powerboost, 2022 Maverick Lariat Lux
Understand what I'm asking. Say you're on a mapped Blue Cruise highway; can Blue Cruise be turned off or deactivated yet still have Lane Centering and Adaptive Cruise Control set and turned on?

Ford seems to imply that if you have Blue Cruise and if it is available to use, then Blue Cruise and Lane Centering become one in the same. They both work together and can not be separated.

Enable BlueCruise
  1. Touch Settings on your vehicle's SYNC screen.
  2. Tap Driver Assistance.
  3. Select Cruise Control.
  4. Press Lane Centering with Hands-Free.
  5. Touch Activation Prompts.
Sponsored

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
Idk, but I could see how that’s really annoying to not be able to separate the two

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I don't take my hands off the wheel during Bluecruise. I basically drive it exactly how I do when it's not Bluecruise.

My only complaint is where did my tachometer go? :)

DBL R

First Name
Jarred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 powerboost
Occupation
PA
I just hate the eye sensors. They rarely accurately track my eyes. Maybe it’s because I wear glasses, but the system will yell at me to watch the road and I have to shake my head side to side for the system to acknowledge that I’ve been looking at the road the whole time. I’d love to be able to disable blue cruise and disable the eye tracking system and just use lane centering requiring a little force on the wheel from time to time. I honestly wish I didn’t upgrade to bluecruise. The system would be so much better without those eye trackers.

Sponsored

OP
OP
oneinch

oneinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This video shows what I want to be able to do. On a BC road I want the self driving ability, but what I might not want is the truck yelling at me if I'm displeasing it. I'd like the option of turning the BC off yet still have LC.

My Maverick doesn't have BC, but it does have LC and ACC. This hack works to make my Maverick self driving. My Maverick doesn't nag me. It just watches the road and does its thing. I want the F150 to do the same if I don't want to use BC.

For any overly concerned readers, of course you need to pay attention at all times. I'm not looking to take a 55 mph nap like Tesla drivers do. I don't have my truck yet to answer this question myself.

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
Under the cruise control options in Sync, turn off hands-free and then you get what you're looking for.

STM

First Name
SM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F 150 XLT
Occupation
Home Builder
I drive about 75 miles everyday on BC enabled freeways... The system tracks my eyes with my clear prescription glasses on or my sun glasses on.. It only beeps when I am actually NOT looking at the road.. I rarely ever get false alarms...
I am actually pretty impressed with how accurate the eye monitoring system is..

The truck monitors your eyes in both BC and ACC modes and they are both really useful in traffic..

OP
OP
oneinch

oneinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Under the cruise control options in Sync, turn off hands-free and then you get what you're looking for.
I believe you're talking about this screen. I'll test turning off Lane Centering with Hands-Free. I do want to turn off hands-free, but I don't want to turn off lane centering. This might be the ticket, but. If this does turn off Blue Cruise, will it turn off the pesky nanny monitoring infrared camera? I really want to be able to turn this off. My suspicion is that hands-free may be able to be turned off, but that nanny camera can't. It's late, I'll test this weekend.

Ford F-150 Can BlueCruise be turned off or deactivated? 20221124_234506

Last edited:

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
Hmm, it’s not quite the same, but most of my previous, later model Fords have the driver alert system (I forget what it’s called but it’s the IR monitoring system that blue cruise uses) that will watch the driver, even before blue cruise. It was possible to turn this off as a stand alone option, even in my 2020 explorer I can turn it off. Is that anywhere in the system that you could turn off? I’m certain that would deactivate BC and allow just the use of the other systems you want

Sponsored

OP
OP
oneinch

oneinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I just tested a couple of things suggested. My Driver Alert hasn't been turned on. So this is a no joy. ☹ Under Cruise Control turning off Lane Centering with Hands-Free turns off lane centering and with it hands-free. Again, no joy. ☹ Bottom line, I'm finding that the pesky nanny camera can't be turned off. Blue Cruise can be turned off, but lane centering is also turned off. Oh well, I'll get used to it. There will be times I'll wish I could operate the hands-free like I can in my Maverick....hands-free without oversight.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I just tested a couple of things suggested. My Driver Alert hasn't been turned on. So this is a no joy. ☹ Under Cruise Control turning off Lane Centering with Hands-Free turns off lane centering and with it hands-free. Again, no joy. ☹ Bottom line, I'm finding that the pesky nanny camera can't be turned off. Blue Cruise can be turned off, but lane centering is also turned off. Oh well, I'll get used to it. There will be times I'll wish I could operate the hands-free like I can in my Maverick....hands-free without oversight.
Yes. You can disable it. The cost is you cant have blueCruise available at a moments decision though. It would require total ly disabling BlueCruise and reverting to the standard Adaptive cruise with Lane centering that is avilable on XLT. In fact it would be the same as when the Job 1 trucks were shipped prior to the updates to enable BlueCruise.

It could be enabled by reversing the changes so its not a permenent disabling.

OP
OP
oneinch

oneinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
...You can disable it.....cost is you cant have blueCruise available at a moments decision though....could be enabled by reversing....
While I have no doubt this is true, this doesn't solve my concern. I'm looking for available off/on options included by Ford. I'm not opposed to Forscan and the likes, but whipping out my laptop, taped eye glasses, and pocket protector isn't a viable option.

I'm just going to keep my weighted wrist wrap handy to strap on the wheel so that I can drive hands-free anytime lane centering allows. I'll just have to adjust to the pesky nanny camera. Not as desirable as I'd like, but easily doable.

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
Yes. You can disable it. The cost is you cant have blueCruise available at a moments decision though. It would require total ly disabling BlueCruise and reverting to the standard Adaptive cruise with Lane centering that is avilable on XLT. In fact it would be the same as when the Job 1 trucks were shipped prior to the updates to enable BlueCruise.

That is surprising you can't turn BC off and just use centering. Could you before in previous versions? I swear there was an additional option to enable highway assist on or off when I was messing with stuff earlier this year right below lance centering, but that would have been early 21 Job 1 software pretty much.

21GreyHybrid

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Powerboost

How do you disable it? I'm scanning the common tab on the Livnitup's FORScan doc and the only thing that it could be is the last one on the list.

ADAS - Advanced Driver Assist Systems
Disable BlueCruise and enable Traffic Jam Assist
(settings for normal Adaptive Cruise Control)

Is that it?
Sponsored