First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum EcoBoost
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Has anyone else experienced anything like this? First time it happened the screen started glitching so I turned the truck off and started it back up and the cameras were back to working fine. Two weeks later and now it is happening everytime I turn the cameras on or go into reverse and it says cameras are unavailable. Could a camera with a bad connection or faulty camera cause this? Or am I looking at a more serious problem? Truck was built in March of '21 and hasn't been getting updates since about Sept of last year.

Ford F-150 Cameras glitching out and eventually stop working 20230301_175312

Ford F-150 Cameras glitching out and eventually stop working 20230302_070042

Sponsored

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew, FX4, Lariat
Have you pulled the codes? Do you have forscan?

Wolverine7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost, 2023 Tesla Model Y LR
I've had a few episodes like this, with the screen gliching, sometimes turning the camera zone solid blue. They seem to happen after a car wash and work again after the car is dry - I suspect some water is getting onto a video signal cable somewhere.

OP
OP
RodgerThat

RodgerThat

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I've had a few episodes like this, with the screen gliching, sometimes turning the camera zone solid blue. They seem to happen after a car wash and work again after the car is dry - I suspect some water is getting onto a video signal cable somewhere.
I haven't taken it to a car wash in a while, only water would be from driving in the rain but it hasn't rained on it the last few times its happened.

Sponsored

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew, FX4, Lariat
I have Forscan, going to do that tonight
Yea, I would check the codes as they're a bunch of camera codes and they may help narrow it down. I would then do a reset the IPMA via forscan, and see if the problem goes away.

Just FYI, I had an issue with the rear camera when I first bought the truck going out on occasion. I noticed the camera lines running into the IPMA (left kick panel area) were super tight, and in a hard bend. I cut a zip tie that was holding them and let the relax a bit, and I haven't had any other issues from them.

{tpc}

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 302a High SuperCrew 3.5 EB MaxTow
Never had a camera issue but up until I got my '22 the parking sensors were terrible. Of course I only had rear ones but still. Cold and wet, or cold only or sometimes wet only they would just alarm constantly in reverse.

I would guess there is a connector somewhere with a bad or missing seal. Shouldn't happen, but it does.

OP
OP
RodgerThat

RodgerThat

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Yea, I would check the codes as they're a bunch of camera codes and they may help narrow it down. I would then do a reset the IPMA via forscan, and see if the problem goes away.

Just FYI, I had an issue with the rear camera when I first bought the truck going out on occasion. I noticed the camera lines running into the IPMA (left kick panel area) were super tight, and in a hard bend. I cut a zip tie that was holding them and let the relax a bit, and I haven't had any other issues from them.
Just checked Forscan, had a C1001 on the APIM for vision system. said it was general electrical failure. Cameras weren't working and I reset the DTC and it went away and the cameras are back working now. I guess time will tell if that's the cause of it or if there's something else causing problems.

evolross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PowerBoost King Ranch
My truck-bed camera is often full blue. And sometimes the camera UI's buttons go away and it's locked on the same camera. Never seen it go white or pop up that "Dealership" message.

FI300

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
I had an issue with my bed camera, turned out to be a bad connector on the camera. It would go static and solid blue but nothing like what you are seeing. Dealer replaced the third break light assembly and I haven't had any more issues.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
My truck-bed camera is often full blue. And sometimes the camera UI's buttons go away and it's locked on the same camera. Never seen it go white or pop up that "Dealership" message.
Good morning- I can look into this for you. Feel free to send over a private message with your VIN and dealership information at your earliest convenience.

evolross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PowerBoost King Ranch
Here's a picture of my truck-bed camera in blue screen mode.

Ford F-150 Cameras glitching out and eventually stop working CameraBlueScreen

Hinez13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Here's a picture of my truck-bed camera in blue screen mode.

CameraBlueScreen.jpg
I had the same issue and have seen a lot of people complaining about this. I removed the brake light over the bed and could tell it was just a loose connector. A little tape on the male end of the connector tightens it up and so far so good. It’s only 4 screws and pops off very easily. Super easy to put back on as well.
Sponsored