Sponsored

Anyone hearing music and audio glitching - 2021 F-150?

evolross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PowerBoost King Ranch
I listen to wireless Apple CarPlay 100% of the time in my 2021 F-150 PowerBoost King Ranch. A few weeks ago, I suddenly started hearing the music glitch. It plays fine about 95% of the time and then "ZZZZZ!" The music glitches out for a half-second. Sometimes its random just when driving, but often times it's when the backup cameras come on, I roll down a window, change the drive type, etc. It definitely seems to have to do with the electrical system.

I'm not sure if it happens with Sirius as I don't listen to that or have a subscription. It's totally annoying and disruptive to listening to anything.

I thought it might be my phone but I've restarted it several times and it still happens. I'm wondering if it's from a recent over-the-air update? The Ford Pass app says my most recent update from May 1st, 2023 is "Ford Power-Up 4.2.3".
Sponsored

kevdog0710

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Supercrew
Occupation
Union Carpenter
Android Auto skips for the 1st 20 seconds or so after start up. It will occasionally play for a few seconds then pause, also after start up. I have to hit the play button to resume playing the music. It started recently, must be an issue with the latest update? I have a 22 Lariat.

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
yes, some new update has skipping/dead spots. went back to wired when I have a longer commute

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Android Auto skips for the 1st 20 seconds or so after start up. It will occasionally play for a few seconds then pause, also after start up. I have to hit the play button to resume playing the music. It started recently, must be an issue with the latest update? I have a 22 Lariat.
Hi Kevin. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.