Auto start/stop not working

Zzz

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Mine was working and then I parked it for a couple of days straight 3 to be exact and now it never turns off anymore. I know most people hate this but I know my town and the longer lights well so I don’t mind it turning off on the longer lights. I’m in so cal where it’s been 90+ during the day and 60s at night.
Mine is the same I like it I mean you paid for it and it should work. Has not worked since I had 7500 miles on it now have 17,500 still not working. They put a new battery in, of course, I had to pay $52, and don't know why it has an 8-year warranty on it and still not working!!! I mentioned under the back seat there is also a battery but they told it has nothing to do with it? But other forms I read replaced it and it worked!
Sponsored

Zzz

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Same thing for my 2018 Fusion. I have a theory that it's battery related. If the battery is at top strength, it will work. However, if the battery has weakened a bit, but not enough to be unreliable, maybe the engine will not shut off when stopped at lights or stop signs.

I noticed that after driving to Florida, the auto Stop/Start began to work again. Shortly after getting back to Virginia, it stopped again.
But they put a new battery in my truck and it's still not working unless I drive it for 45 minutes then it works but only sometimes and the next day it doesn't work at all unless I drive it for 45 minutes. It also has an 8-year warranty on the truck! Still not fixed!

9663mu

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Iconic F150
My service guy told me if the battery is not working properly , the AUTO start/stop will also not work. I guess it makes sense ? Anyhow after my new battery a few months ago i have had no issues , and AUTO S/S has been working
Sponsored