First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 5.0
Occupation
Plumber
Hello, my area has had a ton of trucks stolen. I would like to still be able to use remote start. I am thinking of putting a kill switch on a wire that sends a signal it’s pressed to the shifter that allows it to go out of park. This way even if they can get it started and can’t find my switch they can’t get it out of park. Does anyone have wiring diagrams of this?
Sponsored

NiftyF150

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport Leadfoot Gray 302a Ecoboost
Occupation
Maintenance Supervisor
Dang, Toronto sounds rough. I think you'd be better off with an anti-theft tune. On my previous Audi I had a Valet tune and it could be customized to render the vehicle immobile without entering the correct code via the tuner or a specific sequence with the windshield wiper control stock. Not sure if that's available through any tuners for the F150 or not, but messing with your brake wiring seems like a bad idea to me.

Highway 11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 XLT Sport 2.7L
Just get an IGLA and enjoy your truck. I would not be messing with anything brake related.

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 KR F150
The shifter is electronic, you could put a switch on the shifter cable so the shifter cannot send the signal to put the truck in gear.
Sponsored