Jarred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat & 2020 GMC Acadia SLT
Occupation
Pipeline Operator
Hello everyone,

I just thought I’d make a post about my “install” of the Homelink Mirror offered by Bobs Mirrors. This was $169.99 (with an optional wire cover I didn’t even use). Not much to see as far as pictures go but it works flawlessly on my 2021 Lariat.

Came fast and included instructions on how to program the buttons which was great! It’s literally plug and play although some trimming is needed on the factory pigtail which was easy enough with a box cutter (wear gloves while cutting please!). The factory mirror was easier to take off than the one in my 2018, so thank you for that 1 set screw Ford!

My wife just got a 2019 Expedition Limited that has the Homelink in the Visor and while it is convenient and did make me a little jealous (which is why I got this mirror), I find them kind of an eye sore. This, to me, is a much cleaner look.

But if anyone has these on their “maybe” list of modifications I’d suggest pulling the trigger!

Ford F-150 Bobs Mirrors Homelink v4 Install 02A47209-C823-4B14-9D01-40DB7628FF89
Sponsored

KW58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 PB 302A
Thanks for the inspiration @jamill. I have no idea if my truck is wired to accept the Lariat style visor with built in homelink or not, but this seemed like a way easier solution (and cheaper).

Couple notes below for anyone else on the fence- this was a pretty cheap/easy way to add homelink.

I put one of these in today on a '23 XLT 302A. Bob's website had the same "trim the connector" instructions, but either Ford changed the shape of their connector, Bob's supplier started using different ones, or I got lucky...I went to do a quick test fit to make sure all the wired pins matched up correctly and in snapped right in with no trimming.

I ended up ordering a used mirror in the $160 price range, that mirror has a 10-pin connector with the pigtail for the factory 16-pin. They had some new, frameless, V5 versions that were in the $260+ range, but I actually like the frame (less greasy fingerprints from adjusting). Used one showed up in great shape.

https://www.bobsmirrors.com/Gentex-...ct-2010-2023-Ford-Lincoln-Vehicles_p_353.html

The pigtail that came with it was probably just shy of a foot long, but if you pop that cover right above the mirror, there's enough room to snake the excess up behind the headliner and cover clips right back on.

My truck doesn't have the dimming driver side mirror (that pin isn't wired in the driver door either). But, one of the wires on the back of the center mirror is the control wire for the driver side dimming. I emailed Bob's before ordering to make sure their plug and play adapter preserved this pin (in case I later upgrade side mirrors to something that does dim) and they confirmed it will work with the dimming side mirrors. Doesn't make a difference on my current setup, but figured I'd share in case it helps someone else with a different trim.