First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
I'm curious to see your review... most of the comparisons I've seen say supercruise is better than what ford currently has.

Hopefully software updates will help with the cornering issues (it is listed as a coming update). I don't think there is any fix for its inability to see with poor visability and poor road markings. Software updates have improved the way my truck handles lane exits and ending better, but still not great with merging / ending lanes. I find BC great on long freeway trips in the summer with clean windows and cameras, especially in rural areas with minimal exits. In the winter its more hassle than its worth
The truck build has been loaded into the plant so hopefully it will be built soon. Then at the mercy of shipping. At this point the only thing missing is the steering column lock. All other chips are in place. Digital auto a/c readout on knobs, wireless charger but I'll see when a VIN gets assigned and the window sticker can be viewed. Big engine, Super Cruise, CarbonPro composite bed were off constraint so it'll have them.
I have been pretty pleased with this F150 but I have had issues with the Powerboost drive motor (completely replaced), waiting for the stupid max-tow axle bolt to break. I finally like the GM refresh in 2022 and have always liked their power train so I'll see. Time will tell if it's a good move or not.

Orlando150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
I used BC for my recent 8600 mile road trip and it worked great 99% of the time. When it didn't it was usually because lane markings were not clear or sun glare. Basically if you have trouble seeing the lanes, the car will too and ask you to take over.

When it was working it was great to have on the trip. It was much more relaxing to drive with BC active. I was a lot less tired after each day of driving with BC then on days when it wasn't available (due to being on unsupported roads).

Thread 'Ultimate Powerboost Roadtrip: 8600 miles to Yellowstone and Back!'
https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...rip-8600-miles-to-yellowstone-and-back.13220/

My 2ND Ford

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f-150 Platinum, 2014 BMW R1200RT
Occupation
Retired
The truck build has been loaded into the plant so hopefully it will be built soon. Then at the mercy of shipping. At this point the only thing missing is the steering column lock. All other chips are in place. Digital auto a/c readout on knobs, wireless charger but I'll see when a VIN gets assigned and the window sticker can be viewed. Big engine, Super Cruise, CarbonPro composite bed were off constraint so it'll have them.
I have been pretty pleased with this F150 but I have had issues with the Powerboost drive motor (completely replaced), waiting for the stupid max-tow axle bolt to break. I finally like the GM refresh in 2022 and have always liked their power train so I'll see. Time will tell if it's a good move or not.
Congratulations on the new wheels! Looking forward to reports.

Sponsored

RossRR

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 502A Rapid Red SCrew PB FX4 MaxTow
I have a 2022 F150 wth BC...and seeemed to be operating fine. I just had my first long road trip (2) 9 hour days.

Here's the rub. I set HF driving and it starts fine. Problem is it only takes over for a max of 5-7 miles or so then requires me to take over for a mile or so. Some times.... on 2-3 miles then....off for .5 mile....inconsistent on and off. I found very cumbersome and anoying.

I am guessing it isnt designed to take over completely... but if it was more consistant I would have been more happy. Also notice if there is a long entrance or long exit ramp..it tends to shut off...so I tried moving to the left lane...MAY have helped a little.

Also will be nice when/ if they update the lane change and lane centering when passing vehicles....to proetct against the passed car from drifting in to your lane.

I dont need a sermon about paying attention when driving and all the blah blah blah that goes with that.
Your experience is identical to mine; I have even posted pretty much the same comments as yours in other threads. Since I always keep my hands on the wheel regardless, those blips when it switches back to "hands on the wheel lane centering" aren't too cumbersome, but I'm far from impressed with the system's hands free performance. Also, it's not just when the lines are poor, because lane centering mode uses those same lines and lane centering remains active when
Blue Cruise drops out.

STM

First Name
SM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F 150 XLT
Occupation
Home Builder
I use BC every single day for my one way 25 mile commute in Austin..
We have multiple freeways where the speed limit is 75 or 80 miles, where we can drive over 80 mph..

The issue is.. BC works only up to 80 mph.. Disengaged at any higher speed!
But at or below 80, it works really well most of the time.. It does disengage when you drive past some of the exits..

It really takes the stress out of driving in heavy traffic and stop and go traffic!
It has made my long commutes a lot more relaxing..

sailorz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4
I find that it cant deal with deceleration lanes on the left side of the road. BC wants to follow into the deceleration lane and I have to snap it back into the lane. BC, for me, also tends to drift back and forth in the lane quite a bit. I always think I am going to get pulled over for suspected DUI because it cant keep lane position.

Last edited:

Aron

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lariat PB 4x2; '15 Expedition; '98 Ranger
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I use BC every single day for my one way 25 mile commute in Austin..
We have multiple freeways where the speed limit is 75 or 80 miles, where we can drive over 80 mph..

The issue is.. BC works only up to 80 mph.. Disengaged at any higher speed!
But at or below 80, it works really well most of the time.. It does disengage when you drive past some of the exits..
That actually seems like a good thing to me. BC above 80mph seems extra risky to me, given that you have very little time to react and put your hands back on the wheel if something unexpected happens. (Honestly, I think that I'd be nervous going more than about 70mph with BC, but to each their own.)

For what it's worth, I've never had issues with driving past exits accel/decel lanes, but I haven't used it on extended trips yet, so it's possible that in the areas that I've tried it in, it works as intended.

STM

First Name
SM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F 150 XLT
Occupation
Home Builder
That actually seems like a good thing to me. BC above 80mph seems extra risky to me, given that you have very little time to react and put your hands back on the wheel if something unexpected happens. (Honestly, I think that I'd be nervous going more than about 70mph with BC, but to each their own.)

For what it's worth, I've never had issues with driving past exits accel/decel lanes, but I haven't used it on extended trips yet, so it's possible that in the areas that I've tried it in, it works as intended.
Fair points.. I actually pay attention constantly and watch road and traffic conditions..
I keep the follow next car at 4 bars.. And I take control any time there are slightest issues..

But on open freeways with little traffic, BC over 80 mph would be helpful..
Sponsored