Sponsored

Blue Cruise Stopped working all the Sudden?

pkinneb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 & 2018 MX5's, 2021 F150 PB Platinum
Jesse any chance you can look at mine? I just returned from a road trip to CO with no BC came out here and found this thread, sure enough my SYNC says handsfree driving through 9/10/22. Don't want to bother with the dealer if I can avoid it. Thanks in advance for your help and willingness to support the forum and its members!!

1FTFW1ED9MFD03324
Sponsored

OP
OP

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Jesse any chance you can look at mine? I just returned from a road trip to CO with no BC came out here and found this thread, sure enough my SYNC says handsfree driving through 9/10/22. Don't want to bother with the dealer if I can avoid it. Thanks in advance for your help and willingness to support the forum and its members!!

1FTFW1ED9MFD03324
Your gateway needs to be updated. I’ll send you the files in a few hours. I won’t be in the office until later

pkinneb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 & 2018 MX5's, 2021 F150 PB Platinum

erixgix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 Lariat 502A PB BAP
FWIW, I received the 3.1.1/.3.5.2 update on the 17th. My map date still shows the expired 10-9-22. I reluctantly turned on auto update a couple days ago hoping to see that increment. When running around today, I did see BlueCruise avalable come up, but it was in town so did not try. I'd guess you would not see that if it was disabled by the mothership?

OP
OP

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
FWIW, I received the 3.1.1/.3.5.2 update on the 17th. My map date still shows the expired 10-9-22. I reluctantly turned on auto update a couple days ago hoping to see that increment. When running around today, I did see BlueCruise avalable come up, but it was in town so did not try. I'd guess you would not see that if it was disabled by the mothership?
It’s been taking days for the date to flip. As soon as you see 10-12-22 as the date you’ll have blue cruise again if you installed 3.5.2

Sponsored

erixgix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks Jesse, that's good to know. I am not sure I've ever lost it given it was telling me it was available, thought it was a curious thing to note. The lack of consistency in behavior accross all these trucks is really something.

erixgix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Went out today to confirm if the BC worked with expired map date after seeing BC available pop up yesterday though date was 10-9-22.
This AM however the date is now 10-12-22, so map update came overnight, a week after 3.5.2

Hopefully a good data point for those waiting.

stangsdado

First Name
Dado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning, Bronco, Expedition, Mustang
@Jesse-Infotainment

Thank you for all the information. I’ve been wracking my brain on why Hands-On BlueCruise works but Hands-Free stopped. I checked and sure enough, my maps show as expired (by international date format).

Could you kindly check my VIN as I’m not seeing any updates come through.

VIN:

Last edited:
OP
OP

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
@Jesse-Infotainment

Thank you for all the information. I’ve been wracking my brain on why Hands-On BlueCruise works but Hands-Free stopped. I checked and sure enough, my maps show as expired (by international date format).

Could you kindly check my VIN as I’m not seeing any updates come through.

VIN: 1FT6W1EVXNWG10267
You dont show an Update and you dont show it as even having an oTA attempt.

You have a crazy looking Gateway module situation. It is missing any available software package. So I dont know what we can do for your situation. If I dont know no one does. I mean I could fix it if you were here but you being in Florida I am not sure what to do. Your vin shows nothing for the Gateway. Let me do some digging and see if I can come up with a solution for you.
Im not sure if you have FDRS or access to it. A network scan would be nice right now.

stangsdado

First Name
Dado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You dont show an Update and you dont show it as even having an oTA attempt.

You have a crazy looking Gateway module situation. It is missing any available software package. So I dont know what we can do for your situation. If I dont know no one does. I mean I could fix it if you were here but you being in Florida I am not sure what to do. Your vin shows nothing for the Gateway. Let me do some digging and see if I can come up with a solution for you.
Im not sure if you have FDRS or access to it. A network scan would be nice right now.
Oh wow! It had to be me with the special case. Haha.

I’ve never had the need for FDRS so I don’t have it 😬

My preferred (one that doesn’t charge me ADM) dealer is 50 miles away. Yikes.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Oh wow! It had to be me with the special case. Haha.

I’ve never had the need for FDRS so I don’t have it 😬

My preferred (one that doesn’t charge me ADM) dealer is 50 miles away. Yikes.
I dont even See a gateway Serial number. You have something going on and its not good. So Unfortunately youll have to go to a dealer. Thats not a good thing or something I suggest usually but I have noting I can do for you remotely. If I had some info I could but there is nothign even showing for you truck. I cant make a USB or anything for you. It literally shows as if you dont have a gateway module

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Do you think if he scanned with Forscan he might see the GWM? And then possibly reset it?

OP
OP

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Do you think if he scanned with Forscan he might see the GWM? And then possibly reset it?
The issue on fords end it doesnt see a gateway.. Forscan may reset it but it needs to have a network scan done in FDRS to refresh the gateway info.

stangsdado

First Name
Dado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@Jesse-Infotainment @Snakebitten

Thank you guys for the info. I’m dreading going to the dealer because they’re sooo clueless.

They’re already having a tough time just ordering the MIC 2.0 for my Bronco and that program expires this week 🤦‍♂️

OP
OP

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
@Jesse-Infotainment @Snakebitten

Thank you guys for the info. I’m dreading going to the dealer because they’re sooo clueless.

They’re already having a tough time just ordering the MIC 2.0 for my Bronco and that program expires this week 🤦‍♂️
Yeah.. Man I would never do it if I could help. Here what I can suggest. Just ask them to hook up with FDRS and run a network scan.

You may want to invest in the cable and do it yourself. The cable is $500. You could do the RFA update and BLEM to add the phone as a key too.

I would if I had the budget. If you are able to run the network scan I can check immediately and see if that updates the ford mothership. THen you could update the gateway yourself.
Sponsored