Blue cruise module programming.

NickT_

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150
It's not a bad workload if you go through the effort to be comfortable.

Let FDRS/laptop do the "work", while you are sipping iced tea and using a second device for watching the game, or reading up on the forum, or..... :)
True True! Probably just go get my truck and wait till I get the things in. Hate dealing with a dealership to begin with🤨
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ghurst

Ghurst

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 f150 3.5 eco boost king ranch, 601a
Occupation
Carpenter
Now that 21G01 is active again…. I’ve got my truck scheduled next Wednesday for the module programming! Hopefully there won’t be any problems!!!

NickT_

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150
Now that 21G01 is active again…. I’ve got my truck scheduled next Wednesday for the module programming! Hopefully there won’t be any problems!!!
A lot easier if you buy the things to do it your self! You will still have a lot of updating to do when you get it back cause they only get it to a certain point and stop.

OP
OP
Ghurst

Ghurst

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Carpenter
A lot easier if you buy the things to do it your self! You will still have a lot of updating to do when you get it back cause they only get it to a certain point and stop.
If I wasn’t so technologically challenged… I would do it myself in a heartbeat! lol….. I have problems navigating this forum sometimes!! 😂😂

NickT_

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150
If I wasn’t so technologically challenged… I would do it myself in a heartbeat! lol….. I have problems navigating this forum sometimes!! 😂😂
Man i don’t ever work with computers nor softwares I work on power lines for a living. But It was pretty easy and It tells you everything you need to do! PLUS this group has MANY good people that are willing to help out! I was nervous in the beginning but towards the end everything was fine. It doesn’t take much to read and click button lol

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ghurst

Ghurst

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Carpenter
Man i don’t ever work with computers nor softwares I work on power lines for a living. But It was pretty easy and It tells you everything you need to do! PLUS this group has MANY good people that are willing to help out! I was nervous in the beginning but towards the end everything was fine. It doesn’t take much to read and click button lol
I talk myself into doing it and then I talk myself out of it lol. I need to break down and buy a new computer before I decide!

NickT_

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150
I talk myself into doing it and then I talk myself out of it lol. I need to break down and buy a new computer before I decide!
It cost me a pretty penny cause I had to buy a laptop and the mongoose😵💫 but my truck is fully updated!

OP
OP
Ghurst

Ghurst

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Carpenter
It cost me a pretty penny cause I had to buy a laptop and the mongoose😵💫 but my truck is fully updated!
I think it’s great that some of the guys on here have the mongoose for loan, but I’m not so sure I wouldn’t just buy my own if I decided to do it. That way I’d always have it.

NickT_

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150
I think it’s great that some of the guys on here have the mongoose for loan, but I’m not so sure I wouldn’t just buy my own if I decided to do it. That way I’d always have it.
Correct If you have the money and are able to buy it that’s the best way where you can use it again if needed and not having to wait on it. But I mean if you need to get one loaned that isn’t a big deal where you can get it done.

Diacritical

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Hybrid
Yes, and if that's the route you want to take, all the help you will need doing it is in this thread:

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/ecu-module-programming-guide-using-fdrs.8249/

GWM, APIM, TCU and IPC in that order as they appear. Doing one of these will release another one of these in sequence as they are supposed to be installed. It's not difficult, IMO; but you are looking at 15-20 hours worth of module updates to be fully up to date. You don't need to be fully updated for BC to work, but if you're going to start, might as well finish.
I'm currently in the process of *something* — after the APIM and TCU updates I got from @rugedraw and @Jesse-Infotainment that seem to have fixed my inventory issues, today I have done a drivers front seat module (DSM) then four USB updates (another APIM->GWM->TCU->GWM). Each was successful, but it's 97 deg outside and a little toasty in that truck. The only thing left showing the the BCM which requires a login/password. SYNC 4 is now at
"Software Version: 23159_PRODUCT Revision:915".

Last edited:

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
I'm currently in the process of *something* — after the APIM and TCU updates I got from @rugedraw and @jessie-infotainment that seem to have fixed my inventory issues, today I have done a front door module then (so far) four USB updates (another APIM->GWM->TCU->GWM (in process)). Each has been successful, but it's 97 deg outside and a little toasty in that truck.
If you're able to do those updates, it means the ones Jesse made for were enough to get you rolling. Message me when you get to the end and lmk what sync version you're on to make sure you got all the way through.

OP
OP
Ghurst

Ghurst

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Carpenter
Update:
So had my truck at the dealership for the 21g01 update, but dealer had me pick truck up and reschedule it. They told me it could take up to 22 hrs. That’s all the advisor could tell me. It’s now scheduled to be done 6/10. Is that realistic or is there more going on…. Like maybe other updates need to be done first?

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Update:
So had my truck at the dealership for the 21g01 update, but dealer had me pick truck up and reschedule it. They told me it could take up to 22 hrs. That’s all the advisor could tell me. It’s now scheduled to be done 6/10. Is that realistic or is there more going on…. Like maybe other updates need to be done first?
You're on Sync 23159. No way it will take that long.

OP
OP
Ghurst

Ghurst

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Carpenter
You're on Sync 23159. No way it will take that long.
I thought it seemed excessive. As always…. Thanks for all the help you provide!!!
Sponsored