First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Wrangler Rubicon and 2018 Mini Cooper S Count
Occupation
overpaid computer nerd.
In what seems to be an endless quest to find a new truck, I found myself test driving a new Tremor yesterday. I found one at Schomp Ford in Aurora, CO. First off, I LOVE Atlas Blue. It’s slightly better than my previous favorite, Velosity Blue. I also like how the orange accents pop with the blue color. I gotta hand it to Ford, they made a damn good looking truck. The test drive was only on surface roads and the highway. The EBV6 was obviously not as quick as my old Raptor but it was more than enough for solid passing. I also liked the level of road noise coming from the General Grabbers this truck had. It was sufficiently insulated IMO. Seat comfort is significantly improved from that of the Gen 2 Raptor. There is a lot to like here.

On the downside my biggest gripe on this specific truck was the lack of memory seating. How does anyone not have that feature in a car with power seats and pedals. I’m 6’2” and my wife is 5’4”, so that’s a required feature. Also this model has the leather/cloth seats. Frankly, the seats look terrible to me. I think adding catzkin covers would be near the top of my mod ‘to-do’ list. The truck has the 401A Mid pkg, pano moon roof, trailer tow pkg, interior work surface (gotta love that), etc., etc., You can look at it here if you like.
https://www.schompford.com/inventory/new-2021-ford-f-150-xlt-4x4-supercrew®-1ftfw1ed0mfc31610/

There was no ADM on the truck, but Schomp has a required protection package that you can see below. Not as bad as many other dealers in the Denver area, but still a bit of a rip off IMO. The bedliner is the closest to a realistic price but this truck didn’t even have the spray in bedliner done yet. The window tint and clear bra looked to have been installed perfectly. No complaints on the quality of the work, it’s just way overpriced. Schomp is one of those dealers that doesn’t negotiate on price, so it is what it is. What it is, is one of the very few Tremors actually sitting on a dealer lot in the Denver area.
Ford F-150 Been out Tremor shopping F3E3DD9A-9231-449A-8285-82B2ED56951E
Sponsored

Billy231

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerstroke
Occupation
Retired
I feel your pain and annoyance in regard to that. I too, found one of the few trucks that were optioned with the discontinued 3.0 Diesel in Lariat trim in white. I found dealers all over the country who had diesels and only several in Lariat trim or higher. Of course for those dealers who will remain nameless and who inundated me with requests to come visit them to test drive the truck. Dealers were anywhere from $5k-$7500 over MSRP and an Arizona dealer did a similar move like this with overpriced tint and a few other accessories that I would have removed, all for an added price of like $4k. Ridiculous for sure but they know what they make right from the word hello! Florida is notorious for idiotic things like this then add $995 paperwork fees on top.
I decided on my truck from Rhode Island, MSRP price, cheaper paperwork fees ($399) and was closest to my home (3 hours) They snuck in one other annoying feature that they do automatically to every vehicle, vin number window etching for $199! My insurance guy said, at a discount on my policy of a whopping $3 per year, I would never make that money back from that and overall it was a crappy job from the dealer.
I am happy with the truck, they were'nt happy with me having them remove the ESP from my deal after I came in armed with paperwork from an outside online Ford ESP plan at half their pricing, but it was the only way I could beat them.
In your case, the prices are decent for the clear bra, the window tint shouldnt have been done, some states outlaw it like NY, and I had a spray in bedliner done by a Line-X dealer in Northern
NY for $400.
Sadly, they do this and hope you max out your financing with them and you pay triple those prices over the time owning this truck.
The good thing is that you can buy if you like it but MSRP and no dumb extra fees on top for nothing. Hopefully its still ZERO interest. If it works buy it and enjoy it. Its a great truck!
All dealers suck! they always will. Every dealer around the tri state NY area is creating these fees upwards of $10-$15k depending on models and not budging. Just have to remember who they are ans never buy from them again.

Last edited:

SCandTC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 F-150 Lightning
I sold cars in the Denver area for 14 years and dealt with Schomp once. They are indeed a one price dealer, their BMW store started the one price, one person, one hour slogan. Not sure if they abandoned it or not. Since they took over Big Mike Naughton hard to say how they’re doing.

I love the Atlas Blue, it’s what I have on order also in a 401a.
Since you already have a Raptor are you just window shopping or looking for a replacement?

Wvmtneer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I sold cars in the Denver area for 14 years and dealt with Schomp once. They are indeed a one price dealer, their BMW store started the one price, one person, one hour slogan. Not sure if they abandoned it or not. Since they took over Big Mike Naughton hard to say how they’re doing.

Since you already have a Raptor are you just window shopping or looking for a replacement?
Does your 401a order show 4 auto? The order guide shows it for 2022.
Ford F-150 Been out Tremor shopping ACF48A3F-5C4C-4B09-AAF3-B6A0FF67AFF3

gingebond007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Tremor
Same truck I passed on a few weeks ago only because I wanted stone gray. It’s optioned about as well as a 401a gets, surprised it’s still on the lot. Groove Ford I know has several allocations with trucks expected “in the near future.” Uh huhh we all know where that story goes. Groove, Larry H Miller, and Phil Long Denver were all at msrp no addendum and even had a few white/black trucks in stock. Such a foreign concept buying a vehicle at msrp let alone above it.

https://www.schompford.com/inventory/new-2022-ford-f-150-tremor®-4x4-supercrew®-1ftew1e84nfa28574/

Sponsored

OP
OP
Sgt Beavis

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Wrangler Rubicon and 2018 Mini Cooper S Count
Occupation
overpaid computer nerd.

Yea, they still do that one price, One Person, one hour.

I made a big mistake and sold my Gen2. I made good money on it but I should have kept it. I would buy a Gen3 but they're nearly impossible to find on the lot and most dealers either don't have allocation or they are running massive ADMs on them. The Schomp rep told me they are charging $15K over sticker for theirs.

I'm considering just getting out of the car market for the rest of the year. I've got an order in for a Silverado ZR2 and a Rivian R1T but I'm not sure I'll actually go with either. I may cancel those orders and cross my fingers at getting a 2023 Raptor. Interstate Ford in Dacono, CO will only charge MSRP on orders but they told me they don't think they'll have any more allocation until next year. There are three people ahead of me that are also waiting for allocation to place orders.

SCandTC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 F-150 Lightning
Does your 401a order show 4 auto? The order guide shows it for 2022.
ACF48A3F-5C4C-4B09-AAF3-B6A0FF67AFF3.jpeg
I just have the preview from the order and it doesn’t state one way or the other. I’m led to believe it won’t based on what I read. Be curious for some photos of someone here with a 401a to see.

SCandTC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 F-150 Lightning
Yea, they still do that one price, One Person, one hour.

I made a big mistake and sold my Gen2. I made good money on it but I should have kept it. I would buy a Gen3 but they're nearly impossible to find on the lot and most dealers either don't have allocation or they are running massive ADMs on them. The Schomp rep told me they are charging $15K over sticker for theirs.

I'm considering just getting out of the car market for the rest of the year. I've got an order in for a Silverado ZR2 and a Rivian R1T but I'm not sure I'll actually go with either. I may cancel those orders and cross my fingers at getting a 2023 Raptor. Interstate Ford in Dacono, CO will only charge MSRP on orders but they told me they don't think they'll have any more allocation until next year. There are three people ahead of me that are also waiting for allocation to place orders.
I had a ZR2 Colorado diesel that was cool. Just $50,000 for a 1/4 ton is crazy. I worked for Phil Long and Groove/Burt Ford and they would use inventory locator services to buy a lot of their SVT inventory. So they ended up paying msrp and would charge $10,000 over to make up for it.
Sponsored