Tremor MPG

Je1279

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT 5.0 SuperCrew 4x4 BAP
Wow! Not until 14k. Guess it finally Just broke in.
Engine break is certainly a possibility. In my climate, I also notice a substantial improvement in MPGs with the combination of summer fuel and summer temperatures.
Sponsored

Last edited:

DrewMackin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor 5.0
Wanted to update what I've experienced with the 5.0, so far. Only hand calculated, not using dash readout since it's never close on any of my vehicles. First fill-up 90% highway 70-85mph and saw 16.5. Second fill-up 80% in-town, 15.1 mpg. Still only 550 miles on the truck, I assume these numbers will get even better over time.

For comparison, the same driving in my previous '20 2.7 4x2 Supercrew F150, I'd get 19 mpg in-town and about 18 mpg on the same high speed 90% highway trips.

Last edited:

Tremorb

First Name
RB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TBD
For those that have used both regular and premium are you seeing an appreciable difference between 87 and 91/93 octane?

Techguy82

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Tremor
Occupation
IT
For those that have used both regular and premium are you seeing an appreciable difference between 87 and 91/93 octane?
Good question, curious what others find. Next tank I plan to use 87 ethanol free in my ecoboost Tremor to see if there is a difference in gas mileage. I use Fuellys aCar to track my fillups and mileage so I should be able to make good comparison with E0 vs. E10.

shooters1380

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Tremor
Occupation
Law enforcement
Good question, curious what others find. Next tank I plan to use 87 ethanol free in my ecoboost Tremor to see if there is a difference in gas mileage. I use Fuellys aCar to track my fillups and mileage so I should be able to make good comparison with E0 vs. E10.
I’ve tried 4 tanks of premium with 91 octane and the rest of the fill ups have been regular unleaded. In my own case it doesn’t seem to matter whatsoever. I get 14-15 period

Sponsored

Calson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
A higher octane rated gasoline than what is recommended is not going to improve fuel economy. Not using gas with corn ethanol is going to make a great deal of difference as there is less btu's per gallon with ethanol which only serves to enrich the corn companies like Archer Daniels Midland with the generous federal subsidies.

Best way to improve fuel economy is to drive slower and avoid short trips and not make modifications that will create more air drag, like lifting the truck, or more weight as with larger and heavier tires.

I have always owned a very fuel efficient alternate vehicle in addition to a pickup and use the former for most driving where I do not need a pickup.

DrTone

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Raptor, 2022 Tremor 402a
Driving speed limits in Canada, I'm seeing just over 18mpg. Not even close to broke in yet, only 3000km.

USMCVet

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Just drove NY to Florida 1200 miles got 19mpg with 91 octane averaging 80 MPH for the whole ride 3.5 tremor w/ 3.71 rear

Tremoring4fun

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Tremor
Occupation
Sales
I have over 40k on my '22, and mine averages 17.1 currently. However, I have been pulling several trailers. I get a fair amount of highway driving though, which I will see the mpg increase. Also, here is MO we have winter and summer fuel. The winter fuel hurts the mpg's on my truck. Keep in mind when you first get your truck, it has probably done quite a bit of idling between leaving the plant, loading onto a railroad car, loading on the transport then getting to the dealer.

shooters1380

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Tremor
Occupation
Law enforcement
A higher octane rated gasoline than what is recommended is not going to improve fuel economy. Not using gas with corn ethanol is going to make a great deal of difference as there is less btu's per gallon with ethanol which only serves to enrich the corn companies like Archer Daniels Midland with the generous federal subsidies.

Best way to improve fuel economy is to drive slower and avoid short trips and not make modifications that will create more air drag, like lifting the truck, or more weight as with larger and heavier tires.

I have always owned a very fuel efficient alternate vehicle in addition to a pickup and use the former for most driving where I do not need a pickup.
I tend to agree with you in regard to the octane. However, if you watch any of FordBoss videos on YouTube, he says that running the 91 in our Ecoboost trucks WILL increase the mpg. Wasn’t my experience but whatever. Thought I’d give it a try

Sponsored

Techguy82

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Tremor
Occupation
IT
I ran 87 ethanol free in my Tremor and here are the results.

Looks like I get almost 1 mpg better (.7) so far. I filled up 30.71 gallons, so there was still nearly 6 gallons of 87 E10 in the tank (crazy cause it said I less than 50 miles left). Took a long highway trip (110 miles each way between 70-90 mph) plus lot's of stop of go and short trips and mostly using 4A. Got 15.2 mpg combined (hand calculated, 16.2 on the dash).

I did pretty much the same exact driving the week before and got 14.5 MPG using 87 E10 . I'll keep using E0 and see how much of a difference it makes. Of course E0 is now 28 cents more per gallon so it seems to be about even out.

I'm in Colorado so it has been cold here and we are a mile high so altitude will affect mileage.

fatcats

First Name
Edwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150
I’m at 5800miles and getting 17-18 mpg. Mostly closer to 17. Took it on a road trip for 900 miles and averaged 20 going down 7000ft in elevation and averaged about 15 going back up. I’ve only filled the first 500 miles with 86 octane and the rest have been 91. I did see a slight boost when I switched over but not sure the added cost is worth it. Planning on taking the trip again tomorrow and will see how it goes. Tbh I’m disappointed in how bad the mpg is because I don’t even hit the low end on normal drives