Sponsored

Bed cap/topper question from newbie

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
Went with the ARE CX Evolve. The tint on the glass is very dark (feels darker than the Leer on my last truck). But I also had a cap pack installed and that further reduces vis since it decreases the field of view.

My rear view is honestly almost useless between the tint, the cap pack that hangs down on the inside, and the dirty dog cargo barrier I've got in the cab (4 dogs between my partner and I so two in crates in the bed, and 2 in the cab when we're together)

20220727_115217.jpg
20220727_115229.jpg
When you got that ARE CX Evolve did you see any documentation that gave the static and dynamic weights for the top of that? Finding those weight numbers for the roof rails is like a big secret.
Sponsored

trexus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F160 XLT
When you got that ARE CX Evolve did you see any documentation that gave the static and dynamic weights for the top of that? Finding those weight numbers for the roof rails is like a big secret.
I have some paper work but I never read through it so I have no idea. I'd like to install a sherpa rack over the canopy and cab in the future so probably would be useful to know.

hedge

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F350
Went with the ARE CX Evolve. The tint on the glass is very dark (feels darker than the Leer on my last truck). But I also had a cap pack installed and that further reduces vis since it decreases the field of view.

My rear view is honestly almost useless between the tint, the cap pack that hangs down on the inside, and the dirty dog cargo barrier I've got in the cab (4 dogs between my partner and I so two in crates in the bed, and 2 in the cab when we're together)

20220727_115217.jpg
20220727_115229.jpg
I'm looking at getting the same cap. Can you tell me if the tailgate opens without opening the cap? I was hoping it would without the trim piece that most models have. I've grown accustomed to being able to drop my tailgate with the fob.

trexus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F160 XLT
I'm looking at getting the same cap. Can you tell me if the tailgate opens without opening the cap? I was hoping it would without the trim piece that most models have. I've grown accustomed to being able to drop my tailgate with the fob.
Nope. You have to open the window first to put the tailgate down.

trip20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Tremor, Iconic Silver, 402a, Torsen

20220727_115217.jpg
20220727_115229.jpg
I have a Tremor as well and I believe the ride height is a bit taller on the rear end than a standard F150. I also have a standard 7' garage door opening and I'm worried that if I add the cap it'll be too tall on the rear-most point to make it cleanly in/out of the garage opening. I remember my 2015 F150 with Leer topper was pretty darn close. What do you think? Any issues making it in/out of a standard 7' door with a cap on your tremor? Or do you think it is safely under 84"?

trexus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F160 XLT
I have a Tremor as well and I believe the ride height is a bit taller on the rear end than a standard F150. I also have a standard 7' garage door opening and I'm worried that if I add the cap it'll be too tall on the rear-most point to make it cleanly in/out of the garage opening. I remember my 2015 F150 with Leer topper was pretty darn close. What do you think? Any issues making it in/out of a standard 7' door with a cap on your tremor? Or do you think it is safely under 84"?
I am honestly not sure and haven't measured it. I would test it out with a spotter but I can't see the back half sitting 5" taller than the front (stock height is 79")
Sponsored