Sponsored

Has anyone installed a A.R.E CX REVO bed cap?

TinMan

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
Contractor
Last I had been told was A.R.E. where a few months from even having a mold for the 2021 F150, however tonight because I’m going nuts waiting for my truck I was messing around on their website and got on the “check availability” tool and it came up saying that the CX revo will fit.

So that has me curious if anybody has actually talked to a dealer and might be able to confirm that this is actually the case? If not I guess I’m going be stopping by a dealer tomorrow to find out.
Sponsored

Bravo36

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch FX 4
Occupation
Retired Fed LEO, Current Federal Contractor
FYI, I have an ARE LSII on order, since March 5 that I was told would be in this week. I have an install appt. for this Thursday. Same topper I had on my last 2 F-150s, and loved it.

OP
OP

TinMan

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
Contractor
FYI, I have an ARE LSII on order, since March 5 that I was told would be in this week. I have an install appt. for this Thursday. Same topper I had on my last 2 F-150s, and loved it.
Do you know if they have changed the contour of the door to better match the tailgate?

BlackCloud

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR PowerBoost
Occupation
Retired
Last I had been told was A.R.E. where a few months from even having a mold for the 2021 F150, however tonight because I’m going nuts waiting for my truck I was messing around on their website and got on the “check availability” tool and it came up saying that the CX revo will fit.

So that has me curious if anybody has actually talked to a dealer and might be able to confirm that this is actually the case? If not I guess I’m going be stopping by a dealer tomorrow to find out.
Just last week I talked with Tom's Camperland in Phoenix, and told him I would like to order an A.R.E. Revo for my 2021 King Ranch. He called the factory while I was standing there and asked them when the mold would be ready. The answer was, "6 months, maybe." They only had one mold ready for 2021 F-150's, for one of the more basic units - maybe the CX Classic, or the V. The other manufacturers, like Leer and SnugTop, did not even have that. I was left with the feeling that they are all having manufacturing challenges (no, not a chip shortage), like the auto brands.

I liked the REVO, which has the rear glass curved out to fit around the tailgate, as opposed to the flat glass on the other units, with the plastic "skirt" at the bottom, to fit out over the tailgate.

So now I am looking for an inexpensive temporary tonneau cover to hold me over for a few trips, until I can actually order a REVO.

OP
OP

TinMan

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
Contractor
Tgan
Just last week I talked with Tom's Camperland in Phoenix, and told him I would like to order an A.R.E. Revo for my 2021 King Ranch. He called the factory while I was standing there and asked them when the mold would be ready. The answer was, "6 months, maybe." They only had one mold ready for 2021 F-150's, for one of the more basic units - maybe the CX Classic, or the V. The other manufacturers, like Leer and SnugTop, did not even have that. I was left with the feeling that they are all having manufacturing challenges (no, not a chip shortage), like the auto brands.

I liked the REVO, which has the rear glass curved out to fit around the tailgate, as opposed to the flat glass on the other units, with the plastic "skirt" at the bottom, to fit out over the tailgate.

So now I am looking for an inexpensive temporary tonneau cover to hold me over for a few trips, until I can actually order a REVO.
[/QUOTE

Thanks for the info.
It looks like I be doing the same thing for the time being.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Sport FX4, 3.5LEB, Carbonized Gray
My local camper dealer (DFW Camper) says the only ARE model available for the '21 is the V. They quoted me $3,285 (installed) for one that I built on ARE's website with windoors on both sides and sliding & tilting glass between truck/topper (tilting so you can clean the exterior side). Leadtime 4-6 weeks.

Steve2352

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F150 and 2019 Infiniti QX50
Occupation
Retired Business Executive
A couple questions for those with bed cap experience - I have not had a bed cap on my prior F150 but need one for the 2021 I ordered in Feb. Does a bed cap block any cameras on the truck ? Was wondering what makes the 2021 different than a 2020 that requires a new mold ?

BlackCloud

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR PowerBoost
Occupation
Retired
A couple questions for those with bed cap experience - I have not had a bed cap on my prior F150 but need one for the 2021 I ordered in Feb. Does a bed cap block any cameras on the truck ? Was wondering what makes the 2021 different than a 2020 that requires a new mold ?
It will block the camera and the lights that look down into the bed from the rear top of the cab, but, of course, not the backup camera that is mounted in the tailgate. I don't know exactly what changed between 2020 and 2021, but the ARE rep confirmed that it would require a new mold.
Ford F-150 Has anyone installed a A.R.E CX REVO bed cap? IMG_0529

Last edited:

Don

First Name
Don Murray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Retired
Personally, I am waiting and have been waiting for an A.R.E. Z series. I have owned two of these and like the fit and looks. I did leave a deposit with a dealer, but have been given no ETA!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Sport FX4, 3.5LEB, Carbonized Gray
As to the reason the 2021 is different than the 2020, I was told that they changed "every body panel on the '21".

Sponsored

Fredm2002

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Platinum Antimatter Blue; 2018 Edge 1984 V-65
Occupation
Education
I was waiting for the A.R.E. and gave up. I went with the Undercover Elite LX. The color match to Antimatter Blue (HX) was spot on perfect. It took me 20 minutes to install, and only took that long because my ratchet for my socket jammed. Best money I spent, other than my 21 Platinum.

I bought mine from Tonneau Covers World and got it $200 cheaper than from Undercover directly, and free shipping.

Neogenesis2004

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
I had already taken delivery on a Powertrax tonneau that I haven’t installed yet and was reconsidering going with the Revo cap. Disappointed to hear they aren’t available and not sounding like they will be any time soon.
Sponsored