Auto Start/Stop

CoryB

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XL
My ‘23 F150 came with the Start/Stop delete (and $50 window sticker credit!) and I am happy for that. My ‘23 Bronco came with it active. By the 4th day of Bronco ownership I had the delete harness ordered and installed. Now the engine only stops when I turn it off.
Sponsored

GFDF150

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 XLT Powerboost, ‘23 Escape ST-Line
Occupation
Marketing Manager
I have a 2021 XLT and the auto stop/start hasn’t worked properly for over 8 months (which isn’t necessarily a bad thing!) I believe it has to do with the battery that is not able to keep up with all the electronics. When the truck should shut off at a red light, the error message says Engine on due to vehicle charging. Of course I’ve had it to the dealer twice and they can’t seem to figure it out. Last time (3 months ago) they claimed they reached out to Ford for an answer and I’m still waiting! Also, the truck goes into “deep sleep” mode and won’t respond to Ford Pass. Let me know if anyone has had this issue.

Bobbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Sport, SC, Iconic Silver, 2.7
Occupation
Retired
Mine hasn’t worked at all for over a year….I guess it’s not a bad thing. Not a fan.

tony72cutlass's'

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1972 Cutlass, '21 F-150 XLT SCAB
same truck approaching 34k on the clock.
have only had a couple of small issues with it, and quite happy as well.
Still need to get it in for the wiper issues ( they work, but the arms slip and starts hitting the A pillar), and the wiper assy cover is lifting in the middle at the seam
I just barely got an appointment with my dealer saying they can get the part in about 8 weeks. Maybe give yours a shout and let them know a similar truck is able to get parts!

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
Just Forscan it, takes 30 seconds.
I've done it for about 5 friends.
That and the double horn honk are "must deletes"

Sponsored

GEN14OWNER

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RCSB 5.0 F150 XLT
Occupation
Retired
Ford offered to pay me $50.00 to "delete" A.S.S. from my order and I tried to take them up on it but it was "too late".

NOW... I'm glad I have it!
I use it all the time and even though I have a button on my dash to override it I never do.

I seriousely doubt that it has much effect on my gas milage (the way I drive) but it works very well and isn't nearly as annoying as I thought it would be.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I have a 2021 XLT and the auto stop/start hasn’t worked properly for over 8 months (which isn’t necessarily a bad thing!) I believe it has to do with the battery that is not able to keep up with all the electronics. When the truck should shut off at a red light, the error message says Engine on due to vehicle charging. Of course I’ve had it to the dealer twice and they can’t seem to figure it out. Last time (3 months ago) they claimed they reached out to Ford for an answer and I’m still waiting! Also, the truck goes into “deep sleep” mode and won’t respond to Ford Pass. Let me know if anyone has had this issue.
Hey there. I would like to look into your auto start/stop concerns on my end. To get started, would you please send over a message with your VIN and the name/location of the Ford dealer you have been working with?

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT Powerboost Super Crew 4x4
Occupation
Aviation systems
You might do it for friends, but our PB's exist on a higher ethereal plane than the A.S.S. feature.

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
You might do it for friends, but our PB's exist on a higher ethereal plane than the A.S.S. feature.
I agree which is why I haven't (can't do it) on my truck. The DHH was the very first thing that HAD to go tho.

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT Powerboost Super Crew 4x4
Occupation
Aviation systems
I agree which is why I haven't (can't do it) on my truck. The DHH was the very first thing that HAD to go tho.
That is so annoying. I just leave the keys in it and use the keypad most of the time now due to double honk trauma lol.

Sponsored

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
That is so annoying. I just leave the keys in it and use the keypad most of the time now due to double honk trauma lol.
One of my clients did that (construction guy), someone broke his window and truck was stolen.
He has\had a Limited and all his Limited interior was gutted.

Last edited:

fmdog44

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 XL
Occupation
Retired
My 2021 worked for about 18 months then about six months ago it stopped working half the time. I always turned it off right after starting the truck and still do. I hate it as a feature so I am never going to have it fixed only to shuy it off.

OP
OP

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
For those of you that had the A.S.S. just up and quit working, that may very well be a battery issue ( or charging issue).
Mine quit working about a year ago, but a long trip to Las Vegas it started working again.
Apparently my 20mi daily commute is not quite enough to keep the battery fully charge. Don’t know for sure.
Less than a week after getting home it quit again, and a bunch of other weird stuff started going on electrically.
After the third trip to the Ford Store, the battery finally tested bad.
Battery replaced and all was well until the day it did not restart.

just got a pm about another guy in Fl that apparently had a restart issue as well.

I might just fire up the laptop and disable that thing. Not much of my driving is in the city so it is not all that advantageous to have that feature active.
Maybe 3 lights on my daily commute of 20 miles, and seldom hit them all red.

minirx7

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat Sport 502A Screw Max Tow 3.5L
Just did mine. I hate auto start stop especially on a turbo engine in heat.

I think the ford system is so much better than my Honda Odyssey before but still I hate that lag off the line. It's cool that it is silent at stop like my model S but it's a gas truck !! The only pro is it mutes the 3.5L rough idle!

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Just did mine. I hate auto start stop especially on a turbo engine in heat.

I think the ford system is so much better than my Honda Odyssey before but still I hate that lag off the line. It's cool that it is silent at stop like my model S but it's a gas truck !! The only pro is it mutes the 3.5L rough idle!
LoL.
My neighbor drives a GMC a "G** Mans Chevy", and he tells me my truck should make a noise and not creep through the neighborhood silently. So when I pass his house, I roll down my window and say "Vroom, vroom, vroom, vrrrooooom...." loudly.
We both laugh...
Hehe
Sponsored