Question About Auto Start-Stop Removal

Uncorked

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 XL
When the auto start-stop feature is removed from the F-150 as a custom order option, what is changed in the truck aside from the dash button? Does Ford also change or alter the starter and battery as well?

I ask because I have been people say that cars and trucks with auto start-stop come with upgraded components due to the expected extra wear that the technology introduces.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Uncorked

Uncorked

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 XL
i’m very confident the only difference is that the button isn’t there Lol.
That's interesting if true. The removal is a fifty dollar credit, so I would have thought there would be more things invoived.

lynskynbnd

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offcambercrawlers.com
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150, 1987 Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Auto Tech
The $50 credit paid for my forscan cable! 🤣😂

Sponsored

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
totally worth it, no button, no stop/start crap....love mine doesn't have it.

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 King Ranch 5.0 V8
The loss of ASS is the only good thats come out of the model year deletions.

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
Not to hijack the thread, but interesting thing about Auto Start Stop in another vehicle.

My daughter just bought a 2023 Kia Sorrento, top of the line.
It has a very nice feature utilizing the 360 cameras: when you signal left, the round speedometer (on the left side of the panel) shows the left blind spot from the camera; when you signal right, the tachometer (on the right side of the panel) shows the right blind spot from the camera.
Super nice feature, IMO.

Ford F-150 Question About Auto Start-Stop Removal 1674667503315

We have that feature in Hondas (right side only), unfortunately they took it away a couple of years ago.

Anyways, I read the manual and if the Auto Start Stop button is ON (meaning, you disable Auto Start Stop), that feature does not work.

I can't see why a disabled Auto Start Stop would interfere with the side mirrors' cameras displaying the blind spot as described above. IMO this is a pure "In-Your-Eye punishment" for disabling Auto Start Stop.

Personally I hate that feature but I can't pull myself to spend $80 on the adapter and I will not change it in Forescan.

Big Cam

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Tremor 402a
Occupation
Support Engineer
Not to hijack the thread, but interesting thing about Auto Start Stop in another vehicle.

It has a very nice feature utilizing the 360 cameras: when you signal left, the round speedometer (on the left side of the panel) shows the left blind spot from the camera; when you signal right, the tachometer (on the right side of the panel) shows the right blind spot from the camera.
Super nice feature, IMO.

1674667503315.png

We have that feature in Hondas (right side only), unfortunately they took it away a couple of years ago.

Anyways, I read the manual and if the Auto Start Stop button is ON (meaning, you disable Auto Start Stop), that feature does not work.

I can't see why a disabled Auto Start Stop would interfere with the side mirrors' cameras displaying the blind spot as described above. IMO this is a pure "In-Your-Eye punishment" for disabling Auto Start Stop.

Personally I hate that feature but I can't pull myself to spend $80 on the adapter and I will not change it in Forescan.
Sounds like your friend needs KiaScan.

Sponsored

B-real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor 3.5

Super nice feature, IMO.

1674667503315.png

Having owned a '21 Sorento X-Line SX Prestige, I can tell you that turning off ASS did NOT alter the the signal cameras. It would be weird if in the newest model it does.

I am still waiting for someone to figure out how to Forscan this on the F150s since the SDs have this same feature when a trailer is connected.

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Having owned a '21 Sorento X-Line SX Prestige, I can tell you that turning off ASS did NOT alter the the signal cameras. It would be weird if in the newest model it does.

I am still waiting for someone to figure out how to Forscan this on the F150s since the SDs have this same feature when a trailer is connected.

Pardon my ignorance, what is SD?

That would be awesome to have in the F-150.

Ford F-150 Question About Auto Start-Stop Removal 1674682188141

pavementends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A SuperCab 3.5EB, Lots of dirt bikes
Occupation
Enginerd
Super Duty

B-real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor 3.5
Pardon my ignorance, what is SD?

That would be awesome to have in the F-150.

1674682188141.png
That note in the Kia manual is very weird. First thing I would do when I drove my wife's Sorento was turn off the ASS. I almost did a jumper wire behind the button like I have done in my '17 F150. Has your daughter actually tried it to see if what the manual states is true?

Here is a screen shot of the Super Duty (SD) turn signal camera. Puts the view in the center screen rather than the dash (I prefer the dash), but this gives you a larger image. I have heard that the cameras in the mirrors of the F150 are the same as the ones in the SD, so in theory it should work, but then again the only view we get from the mirror cameras in the F150 is the helicopter view, so not sure.
Ford F-150 Question About Auto Start-Stop Removal 1674685702412

Reactions: sbi

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That note in the Kia manual is very weird. First thing I would do when I drove my wife's Sorento was turn off the ASS. I almost did a jumper wire behind the button like I have done in my '17 F150. Has your daughter actually tried it to see if what the manual states is true?

Here is a screen shot of the Super Duty (SD) turn signal camera. Puts the view in the center screen rather than the dash (I prefer the dash), but this gives you a larger image. I have heard that the cameras in the mirrors of the F150 are the same as the ones in the SD, so in theory it should work, but then again the only view we get from the mirror cameras in the F150 is the helicopter view, so not sure.
1674685702412.png

OK, I learned something new (SD) 😊

She didn't try it yet, she just got it last night. I will make sure she checks this out. It really doesn't make sense, there is no logic "technical" reason for such a thing but as you can see, that's what the manual says (both the manual - this is from the full manual - and the shorter feature guide).
Sponsored