Sponsored

Anyone have link to technical details of the PowerBoost trucks??

DannyboyUpstate

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 XLT Supercab 5.0L 6.5’ bed
I see the trucks have a 3.5L twin turbo V6. Is it the same as the regular EcoBoost? Is there anything done to it to make it more reliable for long-term idling when using the truck as a generator? What voltage is the electric system? How does the regenerative braking work? How does the truck engine start? What is a belt-driven starter? Does it have electric air conditioning? I saw one article that it has two coolant loops? One is for the battery I suspect? Does it take the same coolant as the engine? Etc Etc Etc...

Does anyone have a link that answers these design-level questions about the PowerBoost? How about ta YouTube video that goes over them? Ideally I would like a copy of the Dealer Technician training materials. They're always good.

What do you fellas think?
Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Yes, the 3.5 liter V6 in the PowerBoost is the same as the gas only one. However, it has its own proprietary transmission, fuel tank, and of course, the battery pack mated to it.

As far as an answer to your other questions, here is a link for the 2021 Ford F-150 Technical Specifications. Inside this document should be the answers to most of the questions you have. Hope this helps!

https://media.ford.com/content/dam/...2021/f150/pdfs/2021-F-150-Technical-Specs.pdf

RexTX

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Mustang Shelby GT, 2008 Ford Escape Hybrid
Occupation
retired
For the older Escape Hybrids, Ford published a document for salespeople called "Index of Key Features". It covered all these types of questions, probably to help the salespeople answer the hard questions. Love to see something like that for the PB
Sponsored