Sponsored

Anyone recently financed through Ford?

goatlord99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Supercrew Lariat Powerboost
Good point! This was whatever metric ford credit spit back to me when I applied and I did not catch it was out if range!! Previous score was 814 last year. I should check my FICO...just for reference
It is 850. Still confused about the odd score from Ford.
Sponsored

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
I got 4.2 with 10000 financed. That is the minimum you can do to get the 1000 back. It will be paid off in 21 days. Spending 40 to get 1000. Good deal.
I did the same thing, will pay it off on first payment. I got 3. something.

Smitdog

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited PowerBoost Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Gainfully Retired
It is 850. Still confused about the odd score from Ford.
Then you're in the top 1% of the population that has a perfect credit score of 850.

Interestingly enough, if you have zero debt and no credit cards, your FICO score will be significantly lower than 850, and income does not matter!

There are a half dozen or so data categories they evaluate to calculate your FICO score, and you have to have a very specific mix of available credit, debt ratio, payment history, and length of credit / open accounts to even get above 800.

goatlord99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Supercrew Lariat Powerboost
Then you're in the top 1% of the population that has a perfect credit score of 850.

Interestingly enough, if you have zero debt and no credit cards, your FICO score will be significantly lower than 850, and income does not matter!

There are a half dozen or so data categories they evaluate to calculate your FICO score, and you have to have a very specific mix of available credit, debt ratio, payment history, and length of credit / open accounts to even get above 800.
it is interesting, because 3 years ago, when my wife and I bought a car, it was 805, and I think my patterns have not changed, but who really knows...maybe having that car loan (0% APR!) has helped? either way, was surprised how bad Ford's credit terms were, but I am onlyi holding briefly.

Broccoli Rob

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Titanium Hybrid
it is interesting, because 3 years ago, when my wife and I bought a car, it was 805, and I think my patterns have not changed, but who really knows...maybe having that car loan (0% APR!) has helped? either way, was surprised how bad Ford's credit terms were, but I am onlyi holding briefly.
It probably has. Having a significant amount of credit, but using a small percentage of it, plus more credit history, and having on time payments, and revolving credit (like credit cards) that you pay off regularly all help build your credit, so the simple fact that you had that credit line open for a couple of years and have continuously made your payments on time had probably helped it

Sponsored

Steve2352

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F150 and 2019 Infiniti QX50
Occupation
Retired Business Executive
How do you pay it off before you get your first bill? Don’t you need some sort of account number? I’ve never financed a new car before and I took the ford credit for the rebate but would like to refinance ASAP, however I would need some account or something for the new lender to send the money to correct?
What the dealer told me was that I will receive a statement with all the info before the first bill. I will pay in full based on the statement info to avoid any interest charges. I was told that $8K was the minimum I could borrow to get the $1600 rebate. She said they have been suggesting this approach for cash customers to gain the $1600 benefit.

Bo15

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch 4x4, 2010 F-150 Platinum 4x4
I got 4.2 with 10000 financed. That is the minimum you can do to get the 1000 back. It will be paid off in 21 days. Spending 40 to get 1000. Good deal.
Same-o for me

FlyingInMN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 1/25/21 order date
Amazing to see the spread of rates and finance rebates on this thread. 2.9% to 8.9% all with excellent credit. Also seeing $1600 or even $1900 rebates. All I’ve found in MN is the $1k rebate. Are these differences regional or is there further hidden offers? Dealers finance dept set the rates different from Ford offer?

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Amazing to see the spread of rates and finance rebates on this thread. 2.9% to 8.9% all with excellent credit. Also seeing $1600 or even $1900 rebates. All I’ve found in MN is the $1k rebate. Are these differences regional or is there further hidden offers? Dealers finance dept set the rates different from Ford offer?
Mine was just $1,000 also.

Sponsored

mmalaski88

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 PowerBoost, 2012 Mustang GT
Occupation
Retail
I financed through ford to get all the available incentives, plus x-plan. Don’t let a dealer tell you that you can’t use x-plan with incentives. I have done it on the last 3 Ford’s I bought. My interest rate was 4.5% at 72mo financed through Ford. My credit union is at 1.9%, and I’m in the processing of refinancing through them now.
MSRP was 57,900 on my truck, my final negotiated price was 48,700, plus tax tag and title.

2AActuary

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Plat, Bronco; Audi R8, S5, Q7; Cayenne
That’s exactly the situation/information that I’ve been looking for. I’m a cash buyer, so wanted to know what the minimum loan amount needed to be to get the $1k back.

A buddy of mine did something similar with Audi financing, but had to wait 90 days to pay it off. You’re sure you can do within 30 days? [Not doubting you, just seeking clarification.]

Thanks!

OP
OP
Agashi25

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
That’s exactly the situation/information that I’ve been looking for. I’m a cash buyer, so wanted to know what the minimum loan amount needed to be to get the $1k back.

A buddy of mine did something similar with Audi financing, but had to wait 90 days to pay it off. You’re sure you can do within 30 days? [Not doubting you, just seeking clarification.]

Thanks!
My dealer told me there was no waiting period to refinance or pay off.

he said the main thing is you’re waiting for a statement because you need account# and payoff information in order to pay it or give to a CU for refinance. That’s why most people say 1 month because it could take a few weeks to get that paperwork.

H2opolo12

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat Crewcab
Occupation
Government
Yeah, I wasn't expecting that rate. Even more surprising was my dealer gave me an extra $1100 off x-plan plus the $1000 Ford financing offer. With the First Responder discount, that equated to $2600 off. Gotta give it to Jerry's Ford in Leesburg, VA for taking care of me. Excellent service!!
Thats good to hear. I'm in Springfield and am buying mine through Sheehy in Springfield. :(

mdmeints

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Explorer, 2008 Sea Ray
Occupation
Retired
My dealer told me there was no waiting period to refinance or pay off.

he said the main thing is you’re waiting for a statement because you need account# and payoff information in order to pay it or give to a CU for refinance. That’s why most people say 1 month because it could take a few weeks to get that paperwork.
I was told the same thing. If needed, I will pay all but $ 2.00 and make 2 $ 1.00 payments month 2 and 3.
Sponsored