Sponsored

Anyone get a problem free 2021 F-150?

Platimatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum 701
7k miles as of yesterday and so far only a few things including the alarm, rattle (which has gone away since it has gotten warm) and windshield recall. Other than that have really enjoyed it. Never imagined that the biggest challenge would be that the wife likes it so much and always seems to have an excuse for why she 'needs to take the truck.' It's not like she has a POS either. It's to a point where I've asked her if she wants her own truck.
Sponsored

ddfarmer

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F350
I have just over 3K miles. I had a battery issue in the first week. Quickly fixed and At about 2,500K miles I I did have small minor rattle in the door panel but dealer also quickly fixed. Very minor. Other than those two, 0 problems. A lot less problems than I have on a daily basis with my iPhone, and the iPhone has been out a lot longer and I paid a lot less for it! ;) For a truck with so many moving parts, and features, that's pretty impressive in my book.

swapilot

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 SVT F150, 2019 Odyssey, 2003 Cam
Occupation
metal cylinder manipulator
Man I haven’t had one issue besides a lug nut that fell off at about the 380 mile mark. Dealer mailed me a new one and all is good. It has some rust on the rear diff and no dead battery, the air blows ice cold and will set you free.
I had the same issue with the lug(s). After the second one fell off and I replaced it with the one the dealership gave me to replace the first one, I thought to check the torque on these things. The manual says they should be torqued to 150ft/lbs. I set my torque wrench to 120ft/lbs and most all of them still spun. Re-torqued them to 150ft/lbs and haven’t seen anything come loose..yet. Fingers crossed ??, but I’m pretty sure that did the trick.

Blue Spruce

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT 302 Screw, 6.5’, 3.5 EB
My 2 cents... anyone expecting perfection will be disappointed. my Rear end is a little rusty and I have a few glitches with My View resetting but overall, this truck is pretty awesome and it makes me smile when I hop in it to go somewhere.

I think there are some people with legit problems on here but there are also a lot that are just having a conversation with their friends about their new truck and overall are happy. Plus, I’m guessing the vast majority of owners aren’t on here every day checking for issues.

Sponsored

Plat_2021

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 Lariat Sport, 2021 Platinum (on order)
Occupation
Network and Security Consultant
Just under 2000 miles without a single issue... I get a new truck every 2 years and this was the single most inclusive update to any of my trucks, Look forward to driving it each and every time.

machz

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Systems Administrator
Seems like all or most of the posts are people bitching about problems with their trucks. Anyone problem free and happy?
Don't come to a forum to try to gauge the quality of a vehicle. Understandably people who have problems are going to be far more vocal than those that have none. Even if 1000 people on here have problems that is a very small number compaired to the number of trucks sold.

Bogeypro

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT
Seems like all or most of the posts are people bitching about problems with their trucks. Anyone problem free and happy?
No problems with mine. Very happy. Most people don’t post on the internet until they have issues. It’s a bit skewed. I’ve found this with boats and computers, as well.

OP
OP

Diceman

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Hybrid, Rapid Red, 6.5 bed
Occupation
Retired US Navy, retired manufacturing
Don't come to a forum to try to gauge the quality of a vehicle. Understandably people who have problems are going to be far more vocal than those that have none. Even if 1000 people on here have problems that is a very small number compaired to the number of trucks sold.
That's what I was trying to tell my wife who has started to question my ordering one of the new F150s. I read her the replies to my question and she says she would rather hear them than the ones with issues.

Sponsored

jd281

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost
3K miles and no issues. I had the same thought as one poster above about the heated wheel not getting as warm as I thought it should. My previous vehicle it would get nice and toasty even when it was -20 outside. And my lane keep assist really seems to like the right side of the lane. I may have the dealer look at those 2 things when I go in for the first oil change but those are very small nits. Great truck!

Capt Obvious

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat SUper Crew 500a 3.5 EB Max Tow
I had the same issue with the lug(s). After the second one fell off and I replaced it with the one the dealership gave me to replace the first one, I thought to check the torque on these things. The manual says they should be torqued to 150ft/lbs. I set my torque wrench to 120ft/lbs and most all of them still spun. Re-torqued them to 150ft/lbs and haven’t seen anything come loose..yet. Fingers crossed ??, but I’m pretty sure that did the trick.
I did the same when I got home and realized one was missing. Two more were loose on the same wheel and the rest were good, I thought it was kind of strange.

Mike D

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT sport 302A
Occupation
Gov
1700 miles and so far no problems, love this truck!

Ritchie457

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Very happy with my 502A Lariat. Not one problem in the two plus months since it was delivered.