Sponsored

anyone else always gotta slam the rear doors twice?

tc429

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 lariat chrome 3.5 - 2022 lariat sport 3.5
nit-pic thing, but both rear doors on our 22 you really gotta slam to latch... hoped it would get better as seals got used, but 2 months old, still every time anyone gets out, I gotta go reclose the doors... is this common? door aligns ok, so dont think it needs adjusted, hate to put silicone on seals as it might degrade them- and they shouldnt need it- just wondered if theyre all like this... never once had to for the front doors, or any of the doors on our 19...
Sponsored

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
I've found this is the case on all 4 doors. My son can't close the front passenger door without fear that he'll do it too hard and rip the door panel off (he's 8...lol).

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 157wb
Yes, but I rarely have back seat passengers and it's usually me accessing the back area so I have learned it takes a firm push. I think a big part of it is less momentum due to the aluminum structure and more emphasis on sealing out wind, both for interior noise as well as aerodynamics.

My 2020 had a driver's side rear door that I never could manage to get adjusted right and the seals were so tight that it would close 99% of the way, appear closed and stay there but not actually be fully latched. I'd get in to drive away and get the door ajar warning. My 2022 is predictable and consistent side to side so I don't mind it.

OP
OP
tc429

tc429

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 lariat chrome 3.5 - 2022 lariat sport 3.5
I've found this is the case on all 4 doors. My son can't close the front passenger door without fear that he'll do it too hard and rip the door panel off (he's 8...lol).
our 19 the rears are fine, never ever had to reclose... being used to the 22, got some groceries out of the 19 the other day and - oops, sounded like i was trying to hurt it when i slammed the door LOL

Roscopcoletrain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT...on order
Yes to the rears. Many times now I've had to tell the boy or wife the doors aren't shut.

Sponsored

Simon11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 502a
Yep. Took some getting used to but now the whole family has the hang of it. 95% of the time anyway.

RickBullotta

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
Partially because the truck is built nice and tight and air comes into play. But yes, I double check mine every time, since even a slightly open rear door will kill your battery.

jflottawa

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Director, Software Development
I remember that from the '90s trucks as well growing up. Not always practical, but when possible, having the window cracked a hair will reduce the pressure when closing the door(s)...

like I said - not practical, but if you're already in the driver's seat and your passengers are climbing in, it could help them out if you crack your window.

Blue22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Sport SuperCrew 5.0L
Glad to know I am not the only one with hard to close doors, specifically the rear doors.

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
All 4 doors on mine need a firm push to close completely. They remind me of the design on luxury cars that have soft close doors. Of course, there is no little motor to pull them snug....that's my job.

Sponsored

LaHerencia

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XL SCrew SB Powerboost 4x4, 2018 F450
Me and the wife sometimes compete on trying to close the doors at the same time and watch which door gets blown back open or doesn't close. :LOL:

JimMoran

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 T-Bird, 2020 Explorer ST, 2022 F150 Lariat
Occupation
retired
Yep—all 4 doors, truck is very tight, I have no issue with it, but 90% of the time my wife doesn’t close her door firm enough.

Bexiga

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Limited PB, 2019 Honda Accord Touring 2.0
Occupation
Operations Supervisor
I had the same issue with my last truck, 2015 lariat sport. Thankfully, I haven't really noticed my 21 limited having the same issue.

Iconic22F150

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat FX4 Iconic Silver
Occupation
Physical Security Supervisor
Now that I have gotten use to it I only have to close twice about 10% of the time. My wife on the other hand is probably 75% of the time.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
my rear doors IMO would stick slightly when you opened them. i wiped down the seals with some plastic rubber protect ant from mequirs(sp) and it pretty much stopped it. so now after each wash i wipe down all the door seals and flappers
as far as having to slam them, nope they are snug , as are the fronts
mind you my 21 250 was the same way, very tight in regards to air and noise, compared to the 16 expedition the 250 replaced, i think the 22 150 is tighter and UBER quiet compared to all fords i have owned.

if you want a LAUGH; my parents have a new maverick, i can hear them slamming thier front doors on the maverick from my house. its very un-airtight and makes their carport reverberate the noise . oh they live next door :oops: :oops:
Sponsored