Any update on a Trailer TPMS system?

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
mine is a 22 KR 601, 360 Active, Max Tow package.
I found it on Accessories.ford.ca.com, it shows 12 pin connector, trailer and truck harnesses, camera and yew monitor. I was on the phone with parts dealer and he confirmed camera and yew were included.
Thank You.
Sponsored

zihanzzz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Audi Q5
Occupation
Software Engineer
dumb question.. Is the trailer camera we are talking about in this thread a wired one?? If my RV trailer is 30 ft. long, does my wire need to be that long? I might be missing something here.. but what's the wiring like for that camera to be fed into my truck's dashboard?

OP
OP
don.mullins

don.mullins

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 3.5 Powerboost Platinum
dumb question.. Is the trailer camera we are talking about in this thread a wired one?? If my RV trailer is 30 ft. long, does my wire need to be that long? I might be missing something here.. but what's the wiring like for that camera to be fed into my truck's dashboard?
Not a dumb question at all. I am shocked how hard it has been to get information on the smart towing features of these trucks (TPMS, Yaw sensor, Camera).

Yes, we are talking about what Ford calls the Customer-Installed Trailer Camera and it is wired.

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired!
.... If my RV trailer is 30 ft. long, does my wire need to be that long? I might be missing something here.. but what's the wiring like for that camera to be fed into my truck's dashboard?
Nope, not a dumb question. Insofar as the pieces that install on your trailer the attached might be of interest and helpful, has details as well as schematic overview drawings. The wiring provided in these accessory kits from Ford is on the order of ~40ft long to the camera.

The wiring from the bumper of your truck to the display systems is already installed in your truck if properly equipped, or a short replacement harness may be required from the spare-tire area to the connector on the bumper - that's the topic of much of this thread (which IMO is worth carefully reading in its long entirety if seriously contemplating this project).

Attachments

Sponsored

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired!
OK, so my saga with this accessory began Monday when I placed an order for Super Duty 2017-2022 Trailer Sensor Kit with Pro Trailer Backup Assist LC3Z1A189A through the Ford accessory site using the 20% off code. I chose the $10 express home delivery option and FedEx tracking shows it's out for delivery today (Wednesday).

Starting Point, the truck
  • 2022 F150 Lariat 500A ~ 4x4 SuperCab ~ 6.5' box ~ 3.5L EcoBoost ~ Max TT Package ~ Co-Pilot 360Assist 2.0 ~ 360 Degree Camera Package ~ TT Mirrors ~ Bed Utility Package ~ Bucket Seats ~ Oxford White on Baja Tan
  • Blend date was 5/12/2022
  • Delivered with 7/4 pin connector on the bumper
  • Yes, I'm among the lucky, my truck was built exactly as I originally specified (NO 'forced removals') and only 5 1/2 months after I placed the order on 12/22/2021. Working with Granger Ford was a superb experience and in this case Ford Corporate came through for me as promised with no compromises (pure luck of timing (y)).
Starting Point, the trailer
  • I tow a 21ft Escape 5.0 5th wheel on an Andersen Hitch, here's a pic of it on my 2005 F150
Ford F-150 Any update on a Trailer TPMS system? r ALAN E  5_0 RIG

The end point Goal
  • TPMS and rear cam on the pictured RV trailer, fully integrated with the new truck's displays
  • Retain the 7/4 pin connector on the rear bumper for use with my two other bumper-pull utility trailers
  • Install the 7/12 pin connector in the box sidewall for use with the RV 'fiver' trailer
FWIW I personally looked at a 2022 F250 with 5th wheel prep package on the lot at Granger Ford last week when I picked up my truck. That truck had the 7/4 pin connector on the bumper and also a 7/12 pin connector in the box sidewall - that's the setup I seek to replicate. FYI the VIN for that truck is 1FT8W2BT3NED89022, build date 05/2022.

Yeah, this may take a while to figure out and implement but I'm optimistic I can pull it off, there's lots of great info already posted here to give basis for confidence (thanks to those contributors (y) :)).

I'll update here as I make progress in the coming days / weeks (not a huge rush and there's other things going on in life ;)).

Last edited:

SRHAGEN

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 XL SPRCAB Sport 4x4 V8 3.73 36 gl tank.
Occupation
DOD USAF test track ARMY RETIRED PMEL/TMDE
It still is a very confusing issue.

Ford Accessories used to show Trailer Cam and or Trailer TPMS as accessories for 2021 F150. But no mention in the order guide. And people who received their truck looked at the connector and saw only 2 wires (vs the many more in the same connector for F250 and above). Then speculation about wireless cam attach become prevalent (but speculative). I believe this to be incorrect.

Now the options does show in the order guide starting with Job2 builds (starting in June).

However Ford Accessories will now NOT pull up Trailer Cam or TPMS for F150.

We need someone who has received a Job 2 build (with the appropriate Tow options ordered) to check how many wires in the connector.

Personally, I believe some junior engineer (or B team) really dropped the ball on this whole thing for initial build for 2021. Perhaps (fingers crossed) they fixed it starting with Job 2 builds.
Ford F-150 Any update on a Trailer TPMS system? 3C359114-45C5-4A54-9689-CCEFD2A39A90

Ford F-150 Any update on a Trailer TPMS system? FF81C800-7F14-40A3-82F0-0B392B357FAA

maecomotorsport

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Limited
Occupation
Race Car Fabrication
Camera/TPMS addition to 2021 Job 1 Limited Powerboost Feedback: I used all the info posted earlier in this thread to successfully enable and install the LC3Z1A189A camera/TPMS/Yaw kit and ML3Z13A576J harness. The harness was a perfect fit. My truck already received the cameras in motion update. I acquired a OBDII cable, and Windows tablet (and a needed Bluetooth keyboard) and loaded it with FORScan. I only had to change 3 lines of code: APIM 7D0-01-01 and 7D0-01-02 and IPC 729-09-01. The installation went without a hitch and works perfectly. An added bonus is that the trailer TPMS screen also shows trailer tire temperature.

Last edited:

danleg

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F150 Lariat
I have a MY22 Job2, Blend date 4/28/22.
King Ranch 601high, 360 Active Bluecruise, Max Trailer tow, TT mirrors, Continuous Controlled Damping, 360 Degree camera package.
I did have Start Stop Removal and Active Park Assist 2.0 Removal.
I have only the 7/4 connector.
I do see the Trailer Camera and Trailer TPMS items in the different features.

Sponsored

{tpc}

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 302a High SuperCrew 3.5 EB MaxTow
Camera/TPMS addition to 2021 Job 1 Limited Powerboost Feedback: I used all the info posted earlier in this thread to successfully enable and install the LC3Z1A189A camera/TPMS/Yaw kit and ML3Z13A576J harness. The harness was a perfect fit. My truck already received the cameras in motion update. I acquired a OBDII cable, and Windows tablet (and a needed Bluetooth keyboard) and loaded it with FORScan. I only had to change 3 lines of code: APIM 7D0-01-01 and 7D0-01-02 and IPC 729-09-01. The installation went without a hitch and works perfectly. An added bonus is that the trailer TPMS screen also shows trailer tire temperature.
So is there a separate “box” that wires in on the trailer for the tpms signals? Does that have a specific part number on it by any chance you could share?

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired!
So is there a separate “box” that wires in on the trailer for the tpms signals? Does that have a specific part number on it by any chance you could share?
The kit includes the TPMS module which receives the RF signal from the tire sensors and communicates that data to the vehicle's system via hard wire to the 12-pin connector (the module has 4 pins in its socket).

Being an RF receiver, that module has a requisite FCC ID: MRXFMCT

That module has the PN HC3JA515ACSUB6 on its box within the kit.

{tpc}

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 302a High SuperCrew 3.5 EB MaxTow
The kit includes the TPMS module which receives the RF signal from the tire sensors and communicates that data to the vehicle's system via hard wire to the 12-pin connector (the module has 4 pins in its socket).

Being an RF receiver, that module has a requisite FCC ID: MRXFMCT

That module has the PN HC3JA515ACSUB6 on its box within the kit.
Thank you!

maecomotorsport

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Limited
Occupation
Race Car Fabrication
The boxes aren’t labeled with the part description, but I think the box for the TPMS module has a part number HC3J1A515ACSUB6

Roscopcoletrain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT...on order
So am I correct in assuming if you want the Trailer tire pressures monitors, you have to buy the Ford kit with the camera? no 3rd party sensors are going to work?
Sponsored