First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023Toyota RAV4 Hybrid
Occupation
Retired
'21 Job 1 Powerboost, no issues, it's a very nice truck. But it has a lot of tech so to avoid future issues I bought a 10 year 100,000 mile Ford Premium Care warranty. I sleep well at night. ;)
Through Ford? How much for that Premium care? thanks

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE

trabo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Powerboost, 2016 Highlander
Occupation
Titanium and Plastic
Very happy with my 22 Lariat PB. I have it just over 2 years with 42K on it. It has been great so far. Only had to replace the aux battery and the exhaust heat exchanger. I have had no electrical or drivetrain issues at all. The truck has been great.
IMG_0362.jpeg
how much did those tires impact your MPG?

ajnov073

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat FX4 3.5 Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
About 3 mpg. I was getting 20-21 mpg before the tire change and I am getting 18 now.

Sponsored

F150Comfort

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Supercrew Powerboost Limited, 2015 F150
Occupation
service business
We just bought our Limited PB production date 11-2021 with 64500 miles. Drove down from South Dakota to Garnett KS, Victory Ford. Nice folks, really take good care of you. Previous owner maintained it well, looks like it came off the factory floor. He recounted only one service problem. The load weight measuring system did not work well. Ford Dealer replaced passenger side rear shock assembly, no change. Real solution was a software update that solved the issue. Driving the 360 miles back home a real pleasure, wife behind in our 2015 Platinum both on cell phone vehicle speakers whole way. The Powerboost beat the Platinum with 1.5 mpg better for the trip at varying speeds of 65 to 70. Into a slight wind around 21.5 mpg. Blue Cruise control worked well. Yesterday round trip of 55 miles yielded 25 mpg at 65 mph. We have a GeoPro FBS20 travel trailer, intend to utilize the PowerPro electrical system with it on some light boondock camping. Our 2015 Supercrew Platinum Ecoboost really only managed about 9.5 mpg towing the camper, hoping for slightly better. Ironic that She & I drove our 1954 6 cylinder pickup with my custom built wooden camper with aluminum canoe on top to Arizona-Mexico border in 1974. Vacum windshield wiper, one barrel glass bowl holley carburetor, column shift 3 speed. Rebuilt the generator on a side way picnic table south of Tucson, rear bearing went out, I had a pipe of 1/2" copper Type M potable plumbing pipe that became the rear bearing, took us through the whole remaining trip back home. Won't be happening with this truck for sure. FordProtect..... we will see how that works. You know... I think we would both rather take another trip in our old 1954 pickup camper again, little side fold bed & 12" kitchen sink with our Coleman lantern/heating system. Good Times!

Edit: Victory Ford was not the dealer that changed the shock, did not want anyone thinking their mechanic made a mistake in this instance. We did observe several days after coming home that the active air dam fully retracts but catches & buckles on the fixed dam at the center of the vehicle. The lowering dam has deformed so even if you pry it back it will still catch on the next deployment. Dealer checking to see if FordProtect Premium covers it. I believe I can fix it myself by attaching a 4-6" wide stainless steel tab to the center top of the active dam, thus keeping that section behind the fixed dam at full deployment .... it would have to retrieve normally with that tab. But if they cover a new one I will go that way.

Last edited:

CLT-PB

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat Powerboost FX4, 1974 Chevy C20
'23 Lariat PB, no issues so far except random squeak that ended up going away on its own. I love the truck. And it's fun as hell to drive since it's so quick.

Nomadic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 XLT Powerboost Supercab 4x4 SB
Occupation
Car Dealership Software
Another happy owner here. My 22 PB has 35,000km and I’ve driven back and forth across Canada/US. One time was with a truck camper on the back (don’t expect good mileage in that situation!). I really enjoy driving it.

I’ve had one recall done and had one minor issue that I was able to resolve on my own with the help of this forum. I’ve had the odd strange thing happen, but nothing major that continues. No other problems and my mileage is generally great. The generator has been super handy and I expect to get a lot more use out of it as I build an off-grid home!

dcsmith423

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat with high 502a package
Occupation
IT Manager
These phantom warnings that continue to pop up are still happening very rendomly. My dealer was able to pull codes remotely via the VIN. Apparently, the truck send codes to a centralized system that all dealers have access too. The codes they pulled are shown below and they said they saw the one that happened today as well as these four codes trigger with every event registered.

The codes are:
**U0140- Loss of Communication Body Control Module
**U0143 -Loss of Communication Body Control C- Module
**U3003- Battery Voltage
**U0253 - Loss of Communication Accessory Protocol Interface Module

I will have to take it into the dealer to have them address it and hope that these phantom warnings stop.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
The "lost communication" codes are incredibly common and are rarely of concern.
I suspect that the U3003 code is the only one to look into if it is persistent.
Sponsored